201 🩺 Left With No Choice

Mingi stood, his hands up in front of him washed and ready to enter the theatre, startled for a moment. Having been placed with Kim Sa Bu, he'd heard the speaker phone call the anaesthesiologist had made to him, and had heard Yunho loose his cool in the theatre.

And seeing him storm off, Mingi felt torn. He was supposed to go inside... He was supposed to follow his preceptor...

But how was he supposed to leave Yunho by himself in a state like that? No one should be left on their own after something like that...

And so dropping his hands, Mingi sighed. Turning around, he went after Yunho, jogging to catch up with him.

Seeing his back disappear into the locker room at the end of the hall, Mingi sighed. The door slammed shut behind him, making Mingi's chest throb.

'Do you want to kill them like you killed that patient years ago?!'

Those words had sounded so personal...

Taking a deep breath, Mingi made his way down the hall, but without even getting to the door, he could hear a locker door slamming inside.

He was almost scared to open the door. Hand resting on the handle, Mingi took a steadying breath before forcing himself to turn the handle.

Yunho didn't even look up.

Having already changed his pants, he pulled his scrub shirt over his head and dumped it into the bottom of his locker, grabbing a long sleeved shirt and pulling it off the coat hanger so violently that the steel hanger smacked against the top of the locker making an enormous bang. Kicking his theatre shoes off into the bottom of the locker, he grabbed his boots, phone and wallet, and then slammed the door shut so hard that the thing swung straight back open.

'Where are you going...?' Mingi asked softly, watching as he sat down and pulled socks and shoes on aggressively.

Grabbing his phone and wallet from the bench beside him, he slammed the door shut, getting even more pissed off when it swung open again. He rammed his hand into it forcing it shut and didn't even check whether it was locked before standing up and striding towards him and the door...

'To get a fucking drink.'

Striding around him, Yunho grabbed the door handle and swung it open, slamming it behind him on his way out, leaving Mingi to stand in the dark locker room alone.

Sighing, Mingi walked over and checked his locker was indeed shut, before opening his and changing.

How could he leave him in that state?

He had to follow.

~~~