182 🩺 Soaking Up The Sun

Sitting on the bleachers at uni, Mingi and San both cradled laptops on their laps as they half studied, and half soaked up the sun.

'You know, I think that guy you were with the other night had to be one of the worst one nighters I've ever seen you with,' San suddenly said, sitting back.

Mingi groaned. 'Ugh, tell me about it. I wouldn't let that asshat touch me with a forty foot pole.'

Snorting, San leant back, stretching his legs out in the sun. 'Yunho got kinda heated after you left.'

Continuing to type, Mingi just nodded.

'Aren't you going to ask?'

'What is there to say? He has strong morals. We knew this already.'

'I suppose you're right.' San glanced back down at his computer screen, working on his paper before he spoke again. 'Yunho mentioned you guys still aren't talking?'

Sighing, Mingi nodded, closing a browser window and opening up a new one. 'He wants space, which is fair enough. He got spooked.'

'Yeah but he's okay with me now. I think...'

'Yeah but San-ah, you're not in love with him.'

San suddenly choked, patting himself on the chest. 'And you are?!'

Tilting his head a little to the side, Mingi backtracked his words, his eyes widening a little as he found the perpetrator in his sentence. 'I- that just slipped out. You know what I meant.'

'Ugh, I'm going to kill Yunho.'

Laughing, Mingi nudged him. 'If you're going to be killing anyone, kill me. I failed my lab prac and have to redo it.'

San's eyes softened immediately. 'When are you re-sitting?'

'He gave me a month to get over my nerves...'

'Oh gee, isn't that thoughtful of him.'

Mingi laughed softly, sighing as he gazed out over the fields where sports kids were training. 'I'm half the way through my degree. I should be able to stomach it by now.'

'Don't push yourself. There's no point consistently walking into a brick wall. No matter how many times you walk at it, you'll never just come out the other side. You have to pave your own way around it. Your professor is a dick.'

'Yeah but still...'

'No buts. I'm mad now.' Shutting his laptop lid, San turned and faced Mingi. 'What are you going to do?'

'Study and placement and deal with lab when it comes?'

'Poor plan, do better.'

'San-ah, there's not much else I can do. It'll be fine~. Don't stress. You should be focussing on your finals. You're literally graduating soon.'

Groaning, San turned back. 'Ew okay no need to attack me like that. I don't want to think about it.'

'Why? Because you're not ready for your recital?'

'Bingo.'

The two glanced at each other for a long moment before smiles cracked on them both, followed by soft laughter.

And so, conversation pulling to a close, the two focussed back on their study, soaking up the sun just as they had before, and enjoying one another's presence in the process.

~~~

A/N: Idk when I started taking requests lol, but once more, ur welcome