232 🩺 Jack of All Trades

Hongjoong laughed as he watched Seonghwa trying to change a lightbulb in his living room. Laying on his stomach propped up on his elbows on the bed, Hongjoong let his ankles swing in the air.

'Wow, you're really horrible at home maintenance.'

Seonghwa paused for a moment to roll his eyes at him. 'I'm a doctor, not an electrician.'

'Yes I can see that.' Watching him struggle for a few more excruciating moments, Hongjoong gave up. 'Ugh you're hopeless. Let me do it.'

Dragging himself off the bed, he walked up to where Seonghwa was standing on a stool, giving him a skeptical glance. 'You know how to change a lightbulb?'

This time, it was Hongjoong's turn to roll his eyes. 'I'll have you know that I am my family's handyman. I may well be a physician, but I am also a plumber, a painter, a mechanic, a tiler, a gardener, a carpenter, a cabinet maker, a removalist, and an electrician.' Shooing him away, Hongjoong grabbed onto his waist to make him move. 'Babe move aside for the Jack of all trades.'

Laughing in disbelief, Seonghwa let himself be moved, but not without a skeptical look on his face. 'Can you even reach?'

Hongjoong suddenly clutched at his chest, feigning agony. 'Are you dissing my height right now?!'

Rolling his eyes, Seonghwa stepped up to him, and wrapped his arms around his body without any warning. 'Not dissing. Just observing.' Kissing him sassily on the tip of the nose, he suddenly took a breath. 'Hold on tight babe.'

Frowning, Hongjoong's expression barely had time to fill with confusion, before suddenly he was being hoisted up into the air. Squealing in shock, Hongjoong started laughing as he wrapped his legs around Seonghwa's chest and held onto his shoulders for dear life. Feeling strong arms under his thighs, his abdomen brushed Seonghwa's cheek - a strange sensation whilst teetering in mid air.

Laughing as Seonghwa used his impressive strength to hold him with one arm as he passed him the replacement light bulb, Hongjoong reached down and took it. 'Oh my god don't drop me,' he gasped, still holding on tight. 'Mommy I'm scared I want to go home now, come pick me up.'

Seonghwa snorted. 'Stop being so dramatic.'

Hongjoong rolled his eyes. 'Never.' Reaching up carefully, Hongjoong easily disconnected the bulb and switched it over - all done within seconds. 'Okay you can put me down now, Shrek.'

'W-what? Already?'

Rolling his eyes, Hongjoong held tightly onto his shoulders with a bulb in one hand. 'Yes, already. I'm getting altitude sickness, I'd like to come back down to Earth now, NASA.'

Laughing, Seonghwa let him slip down his body, until Hongjoong unwrapped his legs and put feet firmly back on the ground.

'What's the verdict, doc? Will the light live?'

Hongjoong laughed. 'Yes I think it will. The transplant was successful. Would you like to see the patient?'

Snorting, Seonghwa rolled his eyes. Stepping back, he flicked the switch on the wall...

And laughed. 'Uh, Jack, it still doesn't work. So much for electrician,' he snorted, rolling his eyes.

But Hongjoong just smirked. 'You really are a doctor, aren't you?'

'What?'

Hongjoong walked over to the circuit breaker in the kitchen and flicked the electricity back on. 'You have to turn the power on, for it to work, genius.'

And sure enough, as Seonghwa flicked the switch again, a beautiful soft light spilled through the room.

And Seonghwa laughed at himself, his head shaking as he poked his tongue into the inside of his cheek. 'Okay, fine. You got me.'

Unable to hide his smirk, Hongjoong walked up to him, wrapping his arms around his waist and gazing up at him. 'Jealous of my skill sets?'

Seonghwa rolled his eyes. 'I don't know if that's a skill, per se. Changing a lightbulb is not like performing cardiothoracic surgery.'

'Good thing I can do both then?'

'Ugh you're too confident.' Flicking the light back off again, Seonghwa picked him up, letting Hongjoong wrap his legs around his waist.

And as Seonghwa pressed a kiss to his lips, Hongjoong felt his heart beat out of his chest. Being carried to the bed, he put his arms over Seonghwa's shoulders and let their bodies collide together as they fell into the sheets.

'You said you're going back to work soon, right?' Seonghwa murmured against him, running his hands over his body.

'Mhm...'

Moaning a little as Seonghwa pressed his lips to his throat, Hongjoong let himself sink back into the mattress.

'Then I better make the most of it now then, while I have you in front of me.'

And Hongjoong giggled, feeling Seonghwa pepper him with kisses and nips and playful bites.

'Yes, Hwa. Yes you should.'

~~~