215 🩺 Another Lunch Bites The Dust

Walking into the mess hall, Seonghwa didn't pay much attention to the lunch line.

Not until he noticed that the person he was walking up behind, was Yunho.

Seonghwa felt a wave of irritation roll over him, but pushed it down, replaying Hongjoong's words in his head from their date.

As he came to stand behind him, Yunho turned, genuine surprise showing on his face.

'Hey,' he said, his voice kind and respectful.

Seonghwa nodded, shoving his hands in his pockets. 'Hi...'

'Busy in OT?'

Seonghwa nodded. 'Fairly... ED?'

Yunho nodded, pocketing his hands also. 'Out of control... Like usual...'

A weird silence fell over them as Yunho glanced up at the walls like there was something fascinating upon them, and Seonghwa tapped his heels on the floor in his boots...

Awkwardly looking around, Seonghwa at least knew why he wasn't too keen on talking... But he couldn't help but wonder why Yunho was acting strange. Unless of course it was that obvious that Seonghwa was slightly pissed off at him...

As the long moved forward, they all took a step forward, cringing under the absurdity of the situation.

'Did you hear Wooyoung was discharged from outpatients the other day?' Seonghwa asked, looking over at him for his reaction.

But instead of awkwardly looking around like he hadn't spoken to San about anything since he found out about his sexuality and relationship, Yunho just nodded like it was nothing new to him. 'Yeah I saw him, Mingi and Yeosang when they were leaving. San mentioned everything is going really well. He seems a lot less worried too.'

Seonghwa frowned, not having expected that. 'Yeah.. I think Min is doing most of his physio. He said he's recovering really fast.'

Already scrutinising his reaction, Seonghwa easily picked up on the sudden ever so slight change in his expression. Sucking the corner of his bottom lip in for a moment, he nodded. But what Seonghwa initially pegged as uncomfortable avoidance, he found himself questioning. Especially, when his next words were;

'San's really worried about him I think... He's working too hard...'

Concern. He's concerned.

And just like that, More than half of Seonghwa's irritance towards San's friend seemed to evaporate. 'About Min?'

Stepping forward up the line, Yunho nodded. 'San mentioned the other night that he's doing too much... Does Mingi burn out often?'

Seonghwa frowned. 'No.. Not really. Maybe once every few years. He just gets sick and sleeps for two days straight, we all think he's dead and then he's fit as a whistle, back at it...'

Yunho seemed to tilt his head a little, considering his words, before a look of concern, and possibly even slight upset, crossed his face. 'He should be more careful...'

Seonghwa nodded. 'I can't really disagree with you there...'

Making it to the head of the line, Yunho picked up a plate and handed it to Seonghwa before picking up one for himself. Putting only a few vegetables and one scoop of rice onto his plate, Seonghwa raised an eyebrow. 'Diet?'

Yunho rolled his eyes. 'I wish.' Putting the smallest piece of tofu onto his plate, he offered the tongs to Seonghwa, passing them to him as he nodded. 'Every time without fail, if I pick good food, I never get to eat it.'