241 🩺 The Last Time

Mingi moaned as a hand reached from behind him into his hair and pulled tightly. Shivering from overstimulation and loving every moment of it, he whimpered as Sejun thrust into him one last time and fell down beside him.

Breathing heavily, Sejun extended his arm out to let him rest his head on his shoulder. 'Mingi, you are addictive, you know that right?'

Mingi felt a wash of guilt pour down over him. 'You should be careful what you say directly after sex,' he only half joked. 'Most of the time you don't mean your words.'

Sejun gasped, feigning shock. 'I would never. I'll have you know that I mean that through and through.'

Mingi's chest tugged. I know you do...

A silence fell over them, one that felt heavier than it should have been.

'So I happen to have this weekend off...'

Mingi inwardly cringed. 'Oh yeah? Do you have something nice planned?'

'Well...' Sejun started, starting to idly run his thumb over his arm... 'I was wondering whether you might have some time free... I thought maybe we could do something?'

Closing his eyes, Mingi let out a subtle breath. 'I'm sorry... I have make-up shifts,' he lied. Looks like I'm not leaving the dorm this weekend...

'Aahhh, I see,' he said, his voice clearly trying to stay positive and chirpy. 'You're working a lot these days. I didn't even see you at the cart for a few days.'

Mingi cringed. He hadn't told him about the accident... 'Yeah, I had a few days without shifts...'

Mind flooding with memories of him ending up in ED, and Yunho caring for him, Mingi felt so incredibly guilty. Sejun clearly was far more invested in their relationship than Mingi felt comfortable returning, and it was only making his internal unrest worse...

'That's nice that you got a break~.'

Mingi clenched his jaw, feeling awful. Biting through the guilt, he decided to sit up and separate their bodies.

Keeping the sheets over his waist, he leaned over Sejun to retrieve his pants before pulling them on and trying his best to ignore the boy staring at him calmly. Glancing at the clock, he realised however that it was past ten pm, and in this part of town, he had missed his last bus by fifteen minutes.

He picked up his phone and flicked to his Google Docs app. Opening the group document with his, San's and Seonghwa's availabilities all listed, he nimbly navigated to the correct date, and almost groaned when he saw that Hwa was on shift.

'You okay?'

Mingi glanced down at Sejun, quickly making sure he gave a friendly smile. 'Yes of course~. Just checking to see if anyone died in the past three hours.'

Sejun laughed, tucking an arm behind his head. 'You must lead a very dramatic life to need to check for disasters that often.'

Mingi rolled his eyes. 'Oh you'd be surprised.' Tossing up his options, Mingi bit his lip.

'Aww~ But you look stressed. Come here~. I'll give you hugs and make you feel better. Come here~e~e~'

His cooing didn't do much for Mingi's level of guilt, but it did chip away at his resolve. He had never been the greatest at turning down people, and with him so openly just being nice, it felt rude to suddenly say no, actually, I'm going to love you and leave you. I'm calling a taxi.

And so laying back down, Mingi didn't go into his arms, but put his head on the pillow nonetheless. 'Sejun-ah... You know I can't do a relationship right now... Don't you?'

He rolled onto his side and saw Sejun swallow. But after just a moment, a smile formed on his lips - albeit pained. 'Ayyy of course! You're literally a med student.'

Mingi nodded slowly, nibbling on his lip. 'Just thought I'd say... Just in case...'

Sejun shot him a wide smile. 'Better safe than sorry.'

Mingi gave him a weak smile. Better safe than sorry indeed...

And with that, Mingi came to his internal conclusion. Maybe he wouldn't say it now, but maybe later, he would need to...

We can't do this again...

This has to be the last time.

~~~