326 🩺 Home Sweet Home

Yeosang was surprised to find that despite his tears having calmed down on the way home, Yunho insisted on parking in the visitor parking, and walking him inside. The blessed soul's eyes were still filled with concern, and he still seemed anxious that he might crumble under the pain once more.

But no matter how many times Yeosang managed to say in his broken, wrecked voice that he was okay, unsurprisingly, Yunho didn't seem to believe him.

Having walked him all the way up the stairs, as Yeosang started to dig his keys from his pockets, Yunho took them from him and put them into the lock himself, swinging the door open gently and putting a hand out, hovering it over the small of his back, but not touching him, as he held the door open for him and guided him inside.

He watched as Yunho glanced beside the door to where a bowl of keys were and added the ones in his hands to it. He then helped him take off his coat, resting it over the back of a dining chair...

And just as Yeosang was surprised at how thoughtful and caring he was being, Hongjoong surfaced, hair looking like he'd just awoken from a nap, and a good one at that.

'Sang,' he breathed. Seeing his swollen cheeks and mottled skin, he instantly hurried over, sparing Yunho a surprised glance before seeming to look for clues as to what had happened.

But as Yeosang laid eyes on his Hyung, he crumbled. Tears immediately fell in waves, and in response, he felt his Hyung wrap his familiar, homely arms around him - a safe place that he sunk into. 'Joong-ah... It hurts...'

Hongjoong wrapped him up tightly, pressing his cheek into his. 'Aww baby, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, hun. Hyung's sorry,' he breathed.

Choking up, when the sound of a tap started in the background, Yeosang leant back tearily to see Yunho filling a glass with water, and taking a fresh cloth from beside the sink and running it under the tap.

'Joong-ah, Yunho rescued me,' he choked.

Hongjoong brushed back his hair from matting against his forehead and gave him a small, sad smile. 'I see that, hun,' he said, and turning to the boy in the kitchen, he gave him a thankful nod - one that Yunho returned.

'Come sit,' Hongjoong whispered.

And Yeosang let himself be led to the couch, where his Hyung sat beside him, and Yunho knelt before him, offering him the glass of water.

'What happened?' Hongjoong asked, but it seemed not to be aimed at him to answer.

As Yeosang took the glass of water, he found himself swept back across the city, caught at that café once more where his heart had been broken...

'I found him in a mess on the side of the street... I don't know what happened...'

Yeosang heard Yunho's soft, incredibly concerned voice ring out - an unfamiliar voice in their household, and one that brought him back from his torturous daze. Yunho had spoken with the intent of it only going to Hongjoong, but it had drawn Yeosang's gaze to those dark, new and unfamiliar eyes...

Yunho gave him a small, genuine smile. Reaching up, he offered him the cool, damp cloth, of which Yeosang accepted without even really knowing what he planned on doing with it. 'Thank you,' he breathed.

Hongjoong took the cloth from him and pressed it against his throbbing temples. 'Do you want Panadol?' he asked softly.

He glanced at him with pleading eyes.

And Hongjoong didn't wait to be told. 'I'll be right back,' he breathed, taking the water from his idle grasp and putting it on the table on his way past.