321 🩺 From 형 To 동생

Beginne am Anfang

As he looked down at the messages, Hongjoong leant over and glanced at it too. 'That was quick. What happened to stressing over the texts all morning? And what's with the excessive punctuation?'

Yeosang shrugged, sitting his phone down on his lap. 'I'm not happy, and full stops support my point - no pun intended... That and I refuse to panic about something that will get little or no equal effor-'

Ding.

Jongho
Hey baby ♡
I have classes all day and study sessions till late 😔
I'm almost done exams~ 😊

Yeosang felt a slightly sickening feeling bubble up within him, and as he glanced at his Hyung, he saw that he too was wearing a slightly sour expression upon his lips.

Yeosang
That's great.
But I really can't wait until after your exams are over.

Jongho
Naw~
I miss you ♡

Yeosang
Can we meet please?
Just a short coffee?

Jongho
How is maybe thursday? or Friday?

Yeosang rolled his eyes, trying to bury his urge to cry with that of annoyance.

Yeosang
Jongho I need to see you now.
As in, today.

Jongho
Okay.. I guess I could skip my first study group..
Actually, I have a couple hours between classes
Is 12:30 okay?

Yeosang
Thank you.
Can we meet off campus..?

Jongho
Hmm? Okay...
How about Café Tapas in the city?

He felt sick as he sent his last message...

Yeosang
Sounds Good. I'll see you there.

Jongho
😇♥️

And as he exited their messages, turning off his phone screen and tossing it across the couch out of sight, he felt tears bubble up in him again.

'How come I am the one who needs to talk, and he guesses he can make time for me?' he choked, letting Hongjoong sweep him up in his arms. 'Isn't he supposed to be the one needing to see me, after what he did?'

Hongjoong rested his cheek against the top of his head and squeezed him in his arms. 'We don't know anything yet, hmm? I know it hurts, and I know what we saw last night looks bad, but maybe there's a good reason...'

Yeosang shook his head, reaching his arm up under his Hyungs to wipe at his tears. 'Joong, in what world is kissing someone other than your partner, on the lips, okay, when you're in a relationship? I know we sometimes peck each other on the cheek, but I could never, ever, kiss you, on the lips, Hyung. That's weird. It's weird. There's no way that girl was a cousin or a- a- I don't know, distant relation... He kissed her...'

His mind flashed back to the way he'd seen Jongho's arm low around her waist and had been so close...

Their bodies touching from waist to shoulders...

Him leaning down and her teaching up and their lips touching...

Kissing...

Yeosang felt like he could gag.

A wave of tears came over him and all he could do was let them fall, seeping into his Hyung's arms as he tried to protectively block out the negativity of the world.

'We can't assume anything, hmm?' Hongjoong said softly, and it was in the way he said it, that told Yeosang even his outlook was bleak.

But he was right, and that was why he wanted to give Jongho the benefit of the doubt, and a chance to tell him the truth - either setting the misunderstanding aside, or coming clean...

'It hurts...' he whispered, feeling his chest ache.

Hongjoong pulled him closer. 'I know, hun. But no matter what happens, Woo and I are going to be here for you, and everything will be okay, eventually.'

Yeosang blinked, and his tears slipped heavily down his cheeks and into the fabric of his shirt.

'Thank you, Hyung...'

'You're always welcome, Sang.'

~~~