I'm here

When Sam stepped into the house, the first thing he was presented with was a plate of katsu sandwich and a grinning man in an apron under a shirt he saw the man wear to work that morning.

His briefcase was taken and put aside, his tie was loosened, his shirt unbuttoned and he almost even had his socks removed for him if he didn't stop the man from doing so.

"What are you doing?" he asked, taking back his briefcase and throwing it onto the sofa. He heard a soft sigh as the man pouted, looking down while fiddling with the end of his tie.

"Executing my plan."

Yang Yu Teng's face was too cute at that moment in Sam's eyes. He was no longer crying but the traces were still there; the dried-up tears on the corners of his eyes, the redness on the tip of his nose and the slightly puffy lids. Sam let him play with his tie, just standing there and watching. "What plan? When did this plan come to existence?"

"I'll be a husband so good, you won't ever plan on leaving me," Yang Yu Teng said almost in eagerness, smiling a smile that didn't reach his eyes. Their eyes met for a second before he lowered his down again.

Sam didn't return his smile. Sam wanted to list a million things wrong about the man's plan but thinking that the man has had a bad day, Sam just cinched his lips and just brought his palm over the man's hair, stroking them softly as he pulled the man into his embrace.

"How do you plan to do that?" he asked, his voice was as if he was talking to a frail kitten now snug on his chest, afraid he'll scare it away.

"Maybe start with moping the floor and then think of what to cook for dinner," the man answered, starting with a hint of excitement only to end with a trailing uncertainty.

"But I never will plan to leave you, so what use is your plan?"

"You don't know that."

Sam let out a sound, mixture of a sign and a groan, "This again?"

"No, no." Yang Yu Teng pulled back and shook his head. Inwardly, he cursed his mindless self. "You won't leave me, you love me."

Sam nodded, a loving smile on his lips as he took the pinchable cheeks in his palms. "There'll be no tomorrow if you're not in it."

Yang Yu Teng blinked, hoping to indulge in this romantic side of Sam for longer.

"Promise," Sam added without him asking and he returned it with a satisfied smile, his eyes just might well up again.

"So, are you fired?" Then there gone his smile. He pulled away from the man completely this time and turned to his kitchen. "Not yet," he answered. He didn't bother asking how Sam found out.

Sam followed, taking the sandwich on the table and munched away. "You'll not be fired."

Yang Yu Teng was washing the dishes, so noisily at that. Sam saw him take the already cleaned plates in the cupboard, and washed them in the filled sink, one after another.

"You don't know that."

"You're not going to get fired," Sam repeated as he turned of the tap water and pulled the soapy hands away from the sink.

"I'm fine. You're just gonna have to take care of me."

Sam narrowed his eyes, his lips curled into a smile as he washed off the bubbly soap and dried the man's hands. "I'll take care of every part of you," he reassured, "but that's not what you want."

The man pouted, watching the gentle care upon his fingers. "I want that, just take care of me."

"Okay then. Let's just quit that job of yours."