Fine, he's good looking I guess..

"Hi, it's Yu Teng's husband. His mouth is busy right now, and it will be for another hour. Don't bother leaving a message, I'm not sure if he can use his fingers to type after I'm done."

"Lin Zi Hong!!" Yang Yu Teng couldn't believe his ears. Only when Sam hung up and put the phone on the table and Yang Yu Teng saw the call ended screen did he realize that it wasn't a joke.

"Yang Yu Teng," Sam's face was rigid, looking directly in his eyes as if he was the one doing something wrong.

"That.. That's..." Yang Yu Teng's face was red, his nose flared, "That's my students!"

"..."

"Zi Hong! What have you done!" he took his phone back, confirmed that it was his student that just called and immediately rubbed his temples and pulled his hair for it seemed like the headache wouldn't go away.

"You have students?"

"Who do you think teachers teach?! Chickens?! Zi Hong, you.." Yang Yu Teng's hands were already buried in his hairs. "How do I explain this to my student.." he mumbled to himself, at wits' end.

Sam tilted his head. It took him a few seconds to remember that someone had told him that Yang Yu Teng was a teacher, maybe it's his father or maybe it's Ray. Whoever it was, he found the situation to be very funny but the expression on the other person made him felt bad to just burst out laughing, so he ended up covering his face while his body shook terribly.

"What's so funny!?"

"I'm.. hahaha, I'm sorry," Sam finally gave up, his arms crossed over his stomach trying to catch his breaths. When he was finally done, he wiped the tears that were welling in his eyes and thought up of a way to justify his action. "It's the food, your mouth is full with food, that's why you can't talk. I don't mean anything else."

"Do you think they'll think that way?"

As Sam saw the hopeful look on Yang Yu Teng's face, his tears formed again. His lips would break if he could laugh any harder. Yang Yu Teng's fit of dismay completely sunk amidst his loud guffaw.

"How old are your students?"

"Senior high.."

"You're screwed then!" Sam exclaimed in between his resumed laughs. He was too busy being entertained on his own to realize that Yang Yu Teng had already rose from his chair, went and came back with a large bottle of coke in his hand.

"You look thirsty Zi Hong," Yang Yu Teng implied when he reached Sam's side.

"I'm.. kekeke.. I'm fine."

Yang Yu Teng nodded, chewing on his bottom lips as he unscrewed the cap off, pointing the opening towards the other man.

It was already too late when Sam realized what Yang Yu Teng was trying to do. The sticky sweet beverage had already sprayed over his face and clothes. Then, it was Yang Yu Teng's turn to laugh.

Standing, he watched all the mess that had befallen his pristine floor, his jaw went slack. But then the most beautiful sound entered his ears; unrestrained, hearty, and raucous yet blissful. Yang Yu Teng's laugh at that moment, was the sound of the sunshine if it could be seen, the sound of the golden harp accompanying the singing angels if that was possible. Sam didn't know why but he did not want it to stop for he knew the shine in the man's eyes would easily turn to dust in the next moment.

Before he knew it, his hand already grabbed onto the half empty bottle in Yang Yu Teng's hand and they were already running around the dining table in the next second.

"Time!" Yang Yu Teng signalled, losing his breath over the nonstop running and laughing.

"Not a chance!"

A minute later, they found themselves running outside near the pool. Yang Yu Teng thought it was clever to run towards an open area but once he was near the still water, the glint on Sam's eyes missed his as the man leapt forward, sending them both splashing into the pool together.

Sam's logic was simple; he couldn't be the only one wet. When he emerged from the six feet-deep pool, the crack on his face was still there while looking for the other man, only to see the man struggling to stay afloat. Sam gulped the chlorine water that had got into his mouth and swam towards Yang Yu Teng that he saw was weakly trying to push himself out of the water with his arms.

Grabbing tightly around Yang Yu Teng's waist, he brought the body close to his as he kicked the pool's floor to bring them both up.

"Stop struggling!" Sam lifted the incessantly coughing man higher as he treaded the water under his feet to stay afloat, sometimes tiptoeing on the floor to regain his balance when Yang Yu Teng resumed his fit of panicking in the middle of the pool.

With his one arm now supporting the man from under his butt, he looked up to see Yang Yu Teng wiped the water off and shoved his sopping hair back away from his face, his eyes red; the brilliant sun gleamed on the water dripping down his neck.

"I almost died!" Yang Yu Teng snapped as he tried to land a knee kick on Sam's thigh only to end up looking like a wiggling worm instead. Under the clear water, their body was pretty much glued to each other, even more so when Yang Yu Teng wouldn't stop squirming.

"Stop moving will you?"

"Let me go!"

"Okay," Sam said with nonchalance as he loosened his grip, causing Yang Yu Teng's body to sink deeper before Sam caught his waist back.

When he was let go, Yang Yu Teng could feel his heart drop with his body. "Don't..Don't let me go.." he changed his mind.

"I won't. Are you okay now?"

Yang Yu Teng nodded. He was cold and although he had slightly calmed down, he was still helpless in the water. With all kinds of thoughts running through his mind, he couldn't be bothered to read the face only inches away from him, not until their eyes met.

Sam at that time suddenly recalled an article he read many months ago; that people find others more attractive when their hearts are racing, and the article that he thought was ridiculous back then seemed to be plausible now. Was it because of his racing heart that he found the man in his arms, right now, to be particularly enticing? The drops of water that stubbornly clung onto the dear lashes, the sharp nose that was tinted pink from the coldness, the trembling lips that was slightly ajar to make way for air, and the clear eyes that reflected his own face in them; he captured it all in their own unworldliness. Was that all because of his racing heart or was it the other way around?

"Yang Yu Teng.." Sam called. "Can I kiss you?"

"..."

"If I say I'll drop you if you don't let me, will you let me kiss you?"

"Zi Hong.. That's.." Yang Yu Teng believed that some water must have gotten into his ears, now that he was hearing things.

Sam's eyes that were then fixated on the other's, now shifted to the parted lips, "If I say I won't drop you, will you let me kiss you anyway?"

Yang Yu Teng's throat bopped up and down, his eyes blinking; not knowing the effect of his simple movements on the other man. He could simply answer with a 'no' but as Sam pulled him closer, his quivering lips he pursed tight. When Sam leaned closer and he wasn't dodging, he blamed it on his inability to swim. When Sam's warm lips touched his, making his heart that used to float went soaring high, he blamed it on the fear of non-existent ground under his feet. But when he found himself returning the kiss, parting his lips when Sam brushed his tongue over them, laying his arms around the man's neck as they wrested their fervent kiss over a moment that lasted for far too short, he had nothing else to blame.

Opening his eyes after what seemed to be a fleeting dream, he saw Sam looking at him with a gentle smile on his face; a look he found so foreign on the handsome face.

As if knowing that he wouldn't be able to hear anything over the sound of his own heartbeat, Sam loomed even closer so that their cheeks met. With his lips grazing lightly on Yang Yu Teng's ear, he whispered with a low and husky voice, "Guess who's never getting a swimming lesson.."