I miss him~

The dinner with his parents that night was suffocating. Not because they treated him bad, it was the opposite, it was because they never treated him bad. He read and saw a lot, that afternoon; how his lies had humiliated not only Sam but his family too. 

When the scandal rose, the media dug out so many of Sam's past that every single photos of him from his childhood to his recent years had surfaced. He fell off a swing, people jeered that he could not think straight because he hurt his head; he didn't smile, people commented that he grew up unloved; and even if it was a photo of him enjoying himself with his friends, people mocked him for still being able to smile after breaking so many hearts. 

It was ridiculous for such attention to be given to someone who was not even a celebrity. Yang Yu Teng never thought that it would get that far and all of it was his fault.

Sitting on Sam's bed, his eyes scanned the wall-wide cupboard filled with pictures and trophies. It was lively in that room unlike the one in Sam's house. Full of Sam's past, the shelves could tell a story. On the far right near the window was a row of sports and marathon trophies, with books on marketing and brandings carelessly shoved in the bottom corner; the middle laid more photos of him with other people, unknown to Yang Yu Teng, probably his school friends since Sam looked so young in those photos. He was hoping he would find some embarrassing photos but to his despair, the man was obviously beautiful since he was born. On the wall to his left was a framed Lakers jersey that had 'James' name on it, signed. He must be a big fan, Yang Yu Teng smiled, finding it funny for people to put other people's clothes on display. 

Walking towards the cupboard to get a better look, he tiptoed and grabbed what seemed like a toppled frame, peeking on the edge of the upper shelf.

He swiped his fingers on the dusty frame, revealing two happy faces with an ocean view behind them. Yang Yu Teng's smile then vanished, reminded of the conversation he had with Ke Fang earlier that day. How could he be so naïve? He should've look into the matter before believing everything Ke Fang told him, never did he thought that someone as sweet looking as Ke Fang would be so selfish and deceptive.

Putting back the frame where he found them, he took his phone on the bed and texted Sam, 'I have something to tell you when you get back.'

11 p.m. the clock showed when he finally laid on his back and shut his eyes that threatened to spill while waiting for Sam to reply but then his phone rang before a voice he had been missing sounded in his ear.

"I thought you slept already," was the first words he heard.

Yang Yu Teng cleared his throat, "Oh, I'm about to. What are you doing?"

"Thinking of you."

"..."

"And some other work stuff," Sam chuckled.

"What about dinner?"

"I'm waiting for Ray to come back with food. So, what do you want to tell me? You can tell me now."

Yang Yu Teng wanted to tell him but he wanted to enjoy this version of Sam for a little longer and honestly, he was not ready. "Uhh, after you're back."

"You sure?"

"Mn."

"Ok then.. but Yu Teng aaa, I have meetings after meetings, won't you give me some encouragement?"

Yang Yu Teng wiped the tears that sat at the corners of his eyes and breathed through his mouth. "Good luck," he wished, not able to think of something better.

"That's it?"

"May you live long and prosper?"

Yang Yu Teng smiled bitterly at the beautiful laugh he heard in response.

"Thank you, I guess."

Then it was silence. Not because Yang Yu Teng had nothing else to say but because he could not say anything without obviously sounding like he was crying. He turned and buried his face in the pillow as he heard Sam's voice again.

"Bao? Are you okay?"

"Mm, I'm just sleepy," his voice muffled, watching as the cat he brought along to his in-laws house jumped onto the bed and lied by his side as if to comfort him.

"Right, I'll let you sleep now. Good night.."

"Zi Hong.."

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry."

"Hm? What for?"

"..." he shook his head and took a deep breath.

"For your meeting tomorrow, I hope everything goes well. Make a lot of money okay?"

The man laughed again, "I will. You, my love, just need to sleep tight."

Good night? Sleep tight? Yang Yu Teng knew it was not going to happen that night even before he received another text right after they finished talking.

It was from the unsaved number and as soon as he clicked on it, he no longer felt like crying. Instead, he was so mad, mad at Ke Fang and at himself. He scrolled down the series of suggestive photos he just received in disbelieve.

From the picture of him walking towards the hotel, to them hugging, to Ke Fang tugging on his collar -- it was all captured, in HD no less.

'I'll send these to Sam if you ever tell him,' the message ended with a threat and then a sorry. Yang Yu Teng could only scoff at the blatant act and feel his guilt rooted deeper.