Isn't he pwetty?

"Did you lose your way here or something?" Sam who was sitting on the sofa near the kitchen showed himself and walked towards the kitchen island Yang Yu Teng was standing beside.

"No.."

"I thought you already run away."

Yang Yu Teng dipped his head, looking at the shiny marbled floor. He wanted to run, but how could he when his father's surgery was in two days?

"Here, drink this," a bottle of water touched his nose, it was cold. The hand that extended it to him, then rested the bottle on his cheek after receiving no response.

Flinching from the coldness and the drops of icy water on his face, he stepped back. Yang Yu Teng wiped his face, "I'm not thirsty."

He watched the man rolled his eyes and pulled him closer; Sam's palm cupped his and placed his hand on the bottle, leading him to twist the cap open.

Cluk.

"See? It's new. I didn't put any drugs in it."

The bottle was left in his hand. He contemplated for a while and started drinking. He was actually thirsty and starving from not eating and drinking the whole day, except for the glass of wine and a bite of the cake he had at the wedding.

"There's also bread," the man pushed a plastic bag filled with snacks on the island towards Yang Yu Teng, then continued, "This is my house. Wait, I guess, this is your house too now? Aren't you happy?"

The wide grin, the voice spoken in a tone softer than usual and the constant unprovoked chuckles, raised an eyebrow on Yang Yu Teng's face.

Is this man.. drunk?

Suddenly, a soft bun entered his mouth, "Here, bread. Eat."

When the bread was left hanging in between his teeth, Yang Yu Teng was seriously considering to throw the bread on the man's face but Sam was still smiling, his chin lifted as if he had done something to be proud of. Yang Yu Teng couldn't help but feel his heart went soft. So, he started chewing on the bread slowly.

"See? It's bread. I'm not lying to you."

Of course it's bread, what else can it be? Yang Yu Teng's lips turned up into a bitter smile, chewing even faster.

"Do you want more?" Sam picked up another bread from the counter. He wanted to open the plastic when Yang Yu Teng grabbed his hands.

"No, no. I'm full. Thanks."

Seeing that the hands were offered to him, Sam swiftly grabbed onto one and pulled Yang Yu Teng upstairs, "Come."

Yang Yu Teng was feeling helpless, what could he say to a drunken man? So, he just followed him up the stairs by the end of a hallway where they went through a another hall way and ended up in a room. The ceiling to floor window faced the swimming pool he saw earlier. Further, he could see the garden Ray had told him, at a level lower, barely lit by the flickering lights.

"This is the bedroom. Our bedroom," the man giggled, still holding his hand when he flopped down on the bed, pulling Yang Yu Teng tumbling on the bed with him.

When Yang Yu Teng wanted to sit up, Sam's hand was already wrapped around his back, pulling him to Sam's side; his face, Sam pulled to rest on his chest. Yang Yu Teng wanted to struggle out of the man's hug but then, Sam started to stroke his back, sometimes patting him softly. The rise and fall of his chest accompanied the fast beating heartbeat Yang Yu Teng could hear in his ear.

Seeing that Sam wasn't really aware of what he was doing, Yang Yu Teng was slightly relieved. "You.. have so many room; do we really have to share?"

He actually saw another two rooms on the floor they were on. He thought, he at least should ask if he can stay in the other rooms. It's not like Sam like him anyway, wouldn't he be too annoyed to see Yang Yu Teng's face in his room everyday?

"Ghosts."

"Huh?"

"There's ghosts in them. I rarely have time to clean the house. So I let my 'friends' stay to take care of the rooms."

Yang Yu Teng's heart that was racing from the position he was in, felt like it would leap out at any moment now. What the fuck?

"Uhh.. This room too?"

"No, I have you now, you can take care of this one."

"Right.." Was that supposed to make him feel better? He wondered if the man was really drunk. Having used to live in a small apartment, he was pretty sure ghosts wouldn't be able to hide anywhere even if they wanted to, so Yang Yu Teng never considered such matter to be a problem but it was a different case when you live in a two storey villa, with an underground parking and another basement under.

When a white round creature jumped on the bed, just in between the two cuddling man, Yang Yu Teng who was too occupied thinking about the ghosts he might have to live with, felt his heart jumped with his whole being and his fear went away only to be replaced with sharp pain on his butt as he hit the floor.

"There you waa myy Wittle Pwince~" Sam who was still comfy on his bed, took the cat into his embrace, ignoring Yang Yu Teng who was shrieking in pain and started petting the ball of fluff on his chest.

"Meow."

Yang Yu Teng slowly crept up from the side of the bed, relieved as he saw the living creature on the bed. His one hand was supporting his body on the bed to not put pressure on his butt and another was rubbing his behind. He exhaustively rested his chin on the soft bed.

"Wittle Pwince, this is my wife, isn't she pwetty~~ but you are pwittyer of course~" Sam introduced Yang Yu Teng to his cat.

Yang Yu Teng who was still rubbing his back, scrunched his face into a baffled look. He almost felt like the bread he had ingested earlier wanted to come out and say hello to the satiny bed sheet he was resting his chin on.

Then, with a roll, Sam inched closer to him with his head towards Yang Yu Teng, bringing the cat he called Little Prince close to Yang Yu Teng's face.

"Here," he shoved the squirming organism, lifting Yang Yu Teng's hand that was on the bed to softly pat the Persian cat. "It's alive. This one is not the ghost."

"The...? Ghost?"

What the hell!?

"Can you see it?"

"...What?"

"This cat," Sam wiggled the cat in between their faces.

"Yes."

"Great. You looked weird, I thought I showed you the wrong one."

"..." What wrong one? Is there a cat ghost too? Yang Yu Teng felt like he could really use a drink right there and then but he couldn't. He was now too afraid to even go outside the room. When Sam started to sing the cat to sleep, Yang Yu Teng who had lost all his energy to the eventful day, flopped his cheek on the bed and started to doze off.

But he was still sitting on the floor in an awkward position, afterall. After many minutes had passed, he winced as he tried to move in his sleep and rubbed his butt again. The coos of the cat and the silent breathing of a man filled his ears. Opening his heavy lids, he saw the sleeping cat, and through the long fur and fluff of the snow white cat which had been caressed to sleep, he saw the flutter of the man's lashes.

It felt like it afloat, his heart. Tilting his head to get a better look, he saw a face he had not seen before. It was calm, serene almost. Sam, was indeed a good looking man and that good looking man was now his husband. He should be happy but how could he when he knew, that the face would turn to a scowl first thing in the morning. 

Feeling rather sad at his own plight, he closed his eyes again; how could a man like him have the privilege of pitying himself? He'd rather get some sleep instead.