Do you miss me?

"Zi Hong! I'm going to kill you! You- you could've told me!" Yang Yu Teng clutched the phone on his ear, fussing in front of the bathroom mirror upon the reflection of himself. His fingers rubbed the deep red marks that trailed down his neck disappearing under the collar of his T-shirt, hoping that they would go away.

"Hahahah, calm down Bao, what are you talking about?"

Face numb from the teasing of his parents earlier, he could not hear the affectionate endearment Sam just called him with from the other end of the line. "These, urgh! These thing.," he lamented before eventually giving up his pointless effort to 'erase' the evidence of last night's passion. "How am I going to work tomorrow.." he muttered, defeated. And how was he going to face his in-laws waiting him for dinner downstairs?

"Turn on the camera so I could see what you're talking about."

Yang Yu Teng gritted his teeth at the evident smirk in Sam's voice, "Nevermind, I'm hanging up."

"Aww, come on. I miss you.. Say you miss me too?"

"No."

"Poor me.. I've been working the whole day, not getting enough sleep and all, and I can't even get my husband to say he misses me too..,"

Yang Yu Teng had stepped out of the bathroom, sitting on the bed in Sam's room of his in-laws's house. He glanced at the wall clock to see that it was already past 7 in the afternoon. It should be around 3 p.m. over in Dubai, he thought after finger-counting the difference in hours. He had not realized it when Sam left that morning, only waking up when the sun was already blaring through the drawn curtains.

"What time did you leave? You should've woken me up," he pouted.

"I.. just don't think I'll be able to leave."

Hearing the gentlest tone, the pout switched to a pleased smile as he tapped his feet on the floor. "Have you had something to eat?" Yang Yu Teng asked, remembering Ma saying that Sam had a habit of skipping his meals when working.

"Maybe later, after the meeting. How about you? Did Ma make your favourite dumpling?"

His forehead puckered. He did see dumplings on the kitchen counter earlier and since when did Sam knew of his favourite food? "Did you..," he wanted to ask if Sam asked his mother to cook it for him, but he thought it would be too embarrassing if it was not the case. "I'm going down for dinner in a bit.. Don't skip your meals, Zi Hong. When is your meeting? Can't you grab something simple before you start?"

"Haihh, I'm full now that I have someone to worry about me," Sam chuckled. "But don't worry. Since you tell me to, I'll be sure to eat after this. We're only twenty minutes into the meeting."

"Good..," Yang Yu Teng's brows then drawn together. "Wait, you're in a meeting, like, right now?"

"Yeah."

Yang Yu Teng brought his phone and saw that it had been eight minutes into the call, "Then, I won't disturb you. I'm hanging up."

"Say you miss me first."

"..."

"I'm waiting.."

"I miss you. Now, will you get back to your meeting?"

"Don't worry. They can wait—Right, guys?"

"How—what—" Yang Yu Teng jumped to his feet as he heard a foreign language followed after his husband, right before laughters distinctly resounded through his ear. "Zi Hong!"

Realizing the man had been talking to him, surely in front of strangers in the other part of the world sent warm flush up his cheeks. He cut off the call right at that instant, only having himself to blame for his ill-timed call.

Ting~

He was covering his face with his hands when his phone received a message. He didn't wait and clicked on it to listen to the voice message Sam sent him.

---------------------------------

ZH

"I miss you too, Bao."

---------------------------------

Bao? Bao!?? Yang Yu Teng flumped onto the bed as the screws holding his knees went loose. He wanted to be mad thinking that Sam probably sent that message from a room full of people but.. Bao?

It was so sweet and sticky, and the fact that the sticky feeling clung onto his chest, sending goosebumps all over his body, was embarrassing.

Lucky there was no people around because the embarrassed man was now rolling on the bed, messing up the duvet under him and hugging a pillow while kicking another, all while repeatedly pressing the replay button of that short sugary voice.

Until another text came, from an unsaved number this time.

'Meet me'—the text read. Then a time and location ensued.