Serious mode on

A/N: Hi girls and guys! I'm only updating one chapter tonight. I'm so sorry, my hand had been hurting from the vaccine I got a couple of days ago (I'm weakkkk) and I can only work on the draft I had written in advance before (I had written a few more chapters in advance but it needed more editing). I'll make it up to you once I feel better, hopefully by monday.

ok, love yah!

------------------------------

When Ke Fang entered the air-conditioned office, musky air filled her nose and a saccharine yet annoying view slapped her back to actuality. Behind the desk, the two men were fixing each other's hair and clothes, completely unfazed by her presence. It's a side of Sam she never saw before and she almost felt like she could go and pee sugar at that moment.

"Ke Fang," Sam finally walked over to her after a full minute, the other man welcoming her with only a sharp stare. "Can I help you?"

"Uhh..," she stole a glance at Yang Yu Teng and back at Sam before deciding that she should start with a simple greeting. "How are you Sam? Your office smells weird."

"It's sex," an unexpected respond came from the silent man who then just casually picked up a business magazine and sat on Sam's chair.

Sam, hearing the blunt reply just chuckled silently and cleared his throat before inviting his guest to sit on the couch and have his assistant sent some coffee.

After a while of awkward silence with only the sound of Ke Fang sipping her hot drink and Yang Yu Teng swivelling in the chair, Sam finally sounded, "Are you here about the board meeting?"

Choking on her coffee, Ke Fang still tried to maintain her elegant woman façade though her eyes were all red from coughing. She took the tissue Sam placed on the table and nodded inwardly, this was the Sam she knew, the one who would not care to even come to her side to stroke her back, one who she believed would tell her to laugh it off if she ever fall off a building. This man had not changed, he couldn't have.

"I'll leave you two to talk," Yang Yu Teng rose from his seat and walked towards the door, giving a soft smile to the man trying to stop him.

"You can stay."

"I don't think Mrs. Ke Fang here can talk freely with me here," he scoffed inwardly. He didn't know how Sam and Mr. Sun's company was related but as much as he wanted to know more, he knew Ke Fang would not spill a word when he's there. He had better chance asking it directly to Sam later on.

"What are you doing here?" Sam leaned on the couch after sending Yang Yu Teng off to the cafeteria, facing the woman he remembered had some sort of a relationship with his husband; the kind that he was afraid to find out.

Ke Fang then took out a small white box and slid it across the table and saw Sam took it, expressionless.

"Just like that? You used to not want it back."

The glint on the diamond ring inside the box shone in his eyes before he closed it back with a loud thud. "I've moved on. But if you want to keep it, it's fine by me."

She could feel her heart sunk when Sam said what he said, a feeling she almost confused with affection if it's not for her clear motive that day. It was a feeling of defeat, really, now that Sam said he had moved on, the man had probably found new love and that new love could not be other than Yang Yu Teng. If that was the case, then her threats towards the man would somewhat be useless.

"Your husband?"

"Who else."

Still Ke Fang wanted to make sure before she took any drastic measure, "You really love him?"