I like that idea

In his 10 years of adulthood, it was his first time learning first-hand about a thing called 'silent treatment'. He didn't even know what it was or that it was a possible type of 'punishment' until Chih Tian came over to enlighten him. The man, however, didn't share the same perpetual worry as he was having seeing that he was happily bursting in laughter at his unpleasant predicament.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Chih Tian clutched his stomach, face all contorted seemingly having the best time of his life. "I always thought that he would be the one at the receiving end," a pinch on his thigh did nothing to stop him from letting out his annoying horselaugh.

Too comfy on the big sofa in his living room maybe, Yang Yu Teng wondered if the man would laugh the same if he were to be kicked down onto the floor. But he couldn't actually do that to the only person he could ask for help right now, could he?

After more minutes of bearing the little irritations Chih Tian caused him, the man finally stopped and wiped the small tears at the end of his eyes.

"No wonder you don't bother hiding your hickeys today," Chih Tian raised a brow looking at Yang Yu Teng's weirdly 'clean' neck. "The silent treatment must've been the only treatment you got," he snorted seeing as how the expression on Yang Yu Teng easily confirmed his suspicion.

It wasn't even three days since Sam and Yang Yu Teng got into that heated argument— well, Sam was heated while Yang Yu Teng was practically listening hopelessly— but it already felt like months.

"What should I do?" he asked anyway, despite knowing that his friend was no better than him at this relationships thingy.

Following a short careful thought, the man answered, "You've always been good at cooking, have you tried that?"

"Mn, didn't really work so far."

"Did you try sending him lunch at his office?"

He had considered that option before but putting it in action was somewhat harder in his situation. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Ouh, peoples are hating on you now huh?" Chih Tian nodded slightly as he remembered how his friend's name is now well-known in and outside the corporate world, and not in a good way. "No wonder Sam is so mad."

"Do you think he's ashamed of me?"

"I think he's just worried about you. I don't think you realize how bad it is to be under everyone's noses," in a serious tone the man answered. Yang Yu Teng had not been to work these days and even without him in the school, his name was always out of the teachers' and student's mouths.

Yang Yu Teng pressed his lips, pushing the glass of iced tea on the coffee table towards his friend. Of course he knew he was at fault and his action had caused him some of his freedom but to what extent, he had yet to find out. Sure he was frowned upon by people who recognized him in the stores he went to in the neighborhood but that alone, he didn't care as much.

"I don't regret it." Why would he? Sam got to keep his position in the company and people no longer hate and accuse him of things he didn't do— and that was more important than the useless opinion of others on himself.

Regretfully however, Sam didn't share the same thought.

"What about work then?" Monday was only two days away and his annual leaves had only a couple of days to spare seeing that he used most of it early in the year when his father needed his utmost care and attention. Truthfully, he didn't mind going to school to face the judging eyes but Sam was not too fond of the idea, hence the reason he took a few days leaves.

"I'll just go. It can't be that bad right? I have you," he grinned trying to make light of the situation but Chih Tian's face wasn't at all reassuring.

"Hmm, okay. I'll be there with you anyway, you know they're scared of me," Chih Tian faked a roar yet ending up looking cute rather than scary. But that's okay; at least Yang Yu Teng could smile a little. "Anywayyyy, since Sam is not here.. House tour!!!"

Yang Yu Teng never realized just how big the house he was living in until he walked every part of the house for the first time, all in one day.

"This room is for me, I booked it."

"What a fat cat! Send him to the gym!"

"Woa~ What.. How.."

"You have a FREAKIN football field in your backyard and you didn't bother to tell me!?? Do you know what we can do here??! The possibilities...."

"A bungalow for trees?! Wasteful."

Yang Yu Teng had nearly enough of his friend's exaggerated musings even over their lunch but then the man's expression was too funny to be stopped.

Sending the man to the door, Yang Yu Teng knew the rest of the day would feel particularly lonely. He didn't know why Sam would have to go to work on a Saturday and he didn't have the resolution to find out.

"Bye, thank you for coming over," he pushed his friend's back and then saw Chih Tian turned around with an evil smirk on his face.

"About Sam, have you tried going around the house naked?"