What are you two?

Sam took his custom wrapped matte black Nissan GTR out a while after Yang Yu Teng left with Ray to the hospital. Having been working his whole adulthood, he who initially thought that he could enjoy his free time doing nothing at home, found having no work to actually be boring. But he wasn't about to walk into his office and start to offer his service instead.

Entering the hospital compound, he watched as visitors and nurses walked to and from the rehabilitation park designed to fill large space to the left of the road he was on. When he was just about to press on his break on the driveway, through his Bulgari blue sunglasses, he saw two familiar figures by the large pillar near the hospital's main entrance. As the guard there walked towards his car, he, by impulse sped up, went through a mini roundabout and found a parking space facing the entrance.

He wasn't worrying about people seeing him on the inside since his windows were all tinted black. From where he was, he could only see one of them while the view of the other was blocked by the pillar. It was at a time like this that Sam regretted not knowing how to read lips, but reading expression wasn't that hard, he supposed. Ke Fang was not looking happy nor was she looking sad. She kept on pushing something to the other person, Yang Yu Teng, her expression changing with every movement of her mouth. It is hard, he thought. Expression reading was really not his forte either.

Knock knock!

Surprised by the sudden interference, he groaned, side-glancing the cause of his loss of focus and watched the man outside plastered his nose on the window trying to take a look inside. Sam rolled down the window by half causing the man to flinch backward.

"Sir, you cannot park here. This is reserved for the hospital's director."

Pulling down his sunglasses on the bridge of his nose, Sam looked up to the guard and remembered that he had rarely use the car he was currently in so it was not a surprise that people there did not notice who he was. Maybe it was the same reason the two people he was spying on hadn't caught up to his presence.

"Then, tell your director to file a complaint," he scoffed. He watched as realization fell upon the guard's face before the man bowed over and over again apologizing while wiping the window he had stained with his sleeves.

"Scram," Sam rolled his window back up and saw the two people still stood there talking. Well, he only saw one of them talking, still holding a small pink paper bag that she seemed to want to give to the other man.

What is it? Sam remembered when the man crashed his wedding last year, he asked Ray to investigate and look for him but nothing ever really came to the surface. It was a mere coincidence when he saw the man again in the very hospital he was looking at. It never occurred to him to have Ke Fang looked into as well. Afterall, he had known Ke Fang as long as he could remember. They were childhood friends and bestfriends before they started dating. There's nothing he did not know about the woman he once imagined to be the mother of his child. Sitting there with eyes full of questions and troubled mind, a thought crossed his mind. Maybe he should've investigated Ke Fang as well, maybe his dream instead of ruined because Yang Yu Teng loved Ke Fang and was jealous of him, was ruined because the two of them love each other.

Knock. Knock.

Sam cursed at the second interruption. This time the window was knocked from the passenger's side. The man outside stood straight; though Sam couldn't make out of his face that was out of the window's frame, he easily recognize the tucked in black shirt and black jeans the man was in. The man swiftly took the seat beside Sam once the door was unlocked.

"Good afternoon boss, I was just about to report to you about those two," Ray wiped the beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

"Have you been here long? Did they see you?"

"I was waiting for your husband. They didn't see me," Ray had been waiting inside the car since he sent Yang Yu Teng in although the man specifically asked him not to.

Sam's sight did not shift from the two people despite not knowing what they were talking about. "Have they been talking long?"

"Just a few minutes before you arrive."

Sam was quiet. The longer he watched, the thicker he felt his blood flowed. And the longer he let his mind ran rampage, the deeper the suspicion he had for the two, especially the man he just got married to. Married? He couldn't believe he married someone who once may have had a relationship with his fiancé. Ex-fiance.

"Seemed like they know each other," Ray added after receiving no response.

"I can see that."

"Have you had the chance to ask your husband?"

"No," Sam looked down to his steering wheel, "I forgot." He did forget but even if he didn't, he thought he should wait until after Mr. Yang's surgery. He still remembered how agitated the man had become when he mentioned his dad, although his intention was misunderstood.

"I'm sorry boss, I should've found out a year ago," Sam had let him used all the resources and money they had for him to locate Yang Yu Teng a year back but the man was well-prepared. He was out of the country even before they could find out his name. Ray now believed that the man was only here in Taiwan because of his ailing father.

"Look into Ke Fang for me. See if they--"

"I'm already on it," Ray was determined this time. He had thought about investigating into Ke Fang but the idea alone would enrage Sam at the time. Afterall, the man was head over heel for that girl. Insinuating that Ke Fang had anything to do with Yang Yu Teng at that time was not a choice he had.

Sam nodded, his face solemn. "You can leave. Don't wait for him."

"Roger."

After Ray left, Sam waited for a while and saw Ke Fang left with her driver while Yang Yu Teng walked back into the hospital with the paper bag in his hand, looking left and right, an examplar of a person that was afraid of getting caught.

"This man really is an idiot," Sam talked to himself. Even if Sam wasn't there, the whole hospital had already known Yang Yu Teng. He married into Mr. Lin's family afterall. Him meeting his ex-fiance would surely be the talk of the town and him acting so sneakily about it after talking to her in front of everyone in broad daylight could only be naivety or moronic. Sam was leaning towards the latter.

Once the back of the man ceased to be visible, he pushed the button to turn his engine off, took the paper bag he brought from home in his hand and walked out. Throughout his way to Mr. Yang's room, Sam did not bother to respond to the greetings he received from the staffs, he didn't even listen to any of them. It felt like seconds for him to arrive at the top floor.

With his hand on the door's handle, he paused for a while, thinking of what to say when he actually meets Yang Yu Teng. There's a few scenario going on in his head, one of which involving a not so gentle approach to force the truth out of the man but hadn't he tried that route before? The man was too stubborn. Maybe, he just needed to be more aggressive this time?

Then, he heard the two men inside the room laughed, as if laughing at his ordeal.