Is it that obvious?

Forced to go home, Yang Yu Teng sat quietly in the car that Ray was driving. He looked out the window and pondered on the new problem that rose. He didn't even have the chance to think about what other things his father had made Sam promise and when exactly did the two of them had those conversations.

"Yu Teng."

"Yu Teng," Sam called a bit louder.

"Huh? Did you say something?"

"Are you okay?"

Yang Yu Teng's heart immediately felt somewhat calm. He felt like he was asked that question quite frequently these few days. He shook his head as his heart was beating into something he couldn't explain. If only by asking 'are you okay' could make him happy, he wondered what it would feel like if Sam was to say— something else.

"Does that mean you're not okay? Are you still cold?"

"No, no. I'm okay."

"If you say so," Yang Yu Teng was obviously distracted but Sam knew he wouldn't tell him even if he asks. "I have something to tell you," Sam added.

Yang Yu Teng fixated his gaze on the other person. Except for when Sam was smirking, he realized he never could read the man's face.

"Your father.."

Yang Yu Teng could feel a jump in his heart, his body almost leapt out of his seat, "What? What's wrong? Did the doctor tell you something? Is he-"

"Hey, relax..," Sam unconsciously reached for Yang Yu Teng's hands, stroking them to calm the man down. "You rented an apartment right? Your father told me he wanted to stay there after--"

"But..!" There's the problem he had in his mind. Can this man read his mind?

"But the doctor told me that he shouldn't be left alone, especially these few weeks. I could let you live with him in the apartment but I think you'd just run away," Sam watched the change of expression on the man's face. "So, I suggested for him to stay with us."

From uncertainty to scepticism to doubt, it all displayed clearly on Yang Yu Teng's face. How could a man talk with such a contrast in meaning and intention? Still, Yang Yu Teng's mind was focused on the last sentence. "R..Really?"

"But he refused. Then, Ma suggested that he stay with them."

"Huh?"

"It took a bit of coaxing but he agreed in the end."

"No, I'll take care of him. He's my dad," Yang Yu Teng was firm. Adding gratitude to the list of feelings he already felt for the other guy would really be a bad idea.

"You're starting your work tomorrow and I'll be starting mine after a few days. Who will look after him when we're gone?" Sam spoke his mind, slightly irritated at the 'he's my dad' remark from Yang Yu Teng.

"..." Yang Yu Teng watched Sam's hand pulled away from his; the warmth replaced with coldness but the man's tone remained reassuring.

"Also, my father have a personal nurse visiting every three days and a doctor at his disposal, they can take care of your father too," Sam sighed as he saw the man still hesitating. "There's also a garden there. He loves gardening right? You can visit him any time you want, it's not like Pa's house is that far."

With all the valid reasons Sam had presented to him, Yang Yu Teng was already losing the 'discussion', not like he ever won any before. But letting his father stay at Mr. Lin's house was the least of his concern now, it was the after. What happened when it's time to end all their façade? Do they really need to involve their parents into this convoluted issue they were in?