Help, this man is clueless!

"It's nothing interesting," Yang Yu Teng inhaleda deep breath to calm the uneasiness that rose in his chest. 

"I think Pa is trying to get Dad into golfing," Yang Yu Teng evaded, changing the topic. It had become his habit to talk about their parents when it turned silent between them and since Sam had gotten so busy at work, the man always showed interest too. "Ma told me he already took out the mini golf thingy out to practice."

"Haha, he had been trying to get me to accompany him for many years now, I guess he found his company now. When Dad is all better, they can go to the golf course together," Sam gave a calm reply, as if unbothered by the mention of Thailand.

"I'm scared to think of that. I hope Dad don't accidentally hit your Pa's head with the club while he's playing."

Sam burst into a hearty laugh. "That won't happen. I really wonder what else run in that pretty little head of yours. Save some space for me will you?"

With his free hand, he touched the back of his head, frowning at the description of 'pretty' and 'little' that he heard directed at him for the first time in his life. But then Sam said to save some space. Space for what? Does that mean Sam wants me to think of him? He ended up ruffling his hair to rid of his little thoughts.

"What are you doin..," Sam chuckled as he loosened his hand and ran his fingers along Yang Yu Teng's waving black hair. Never had he thought that a man's hair could be as soft and luxuriant. He was still tidying up the not-so-messy hair, from the back to the locks that curled slightly in front when their eyes met again. The ever-ready innocence beneath Yang Yu Teng's veiled lashes glinted with what Sam perceived as confusion; the same look Yang Yu Teng gave him when they kissed in the pool weeks ago.

Brushing his thumb over Yang Yu Teng's greasy lips, and dipping his head to plant a kiss on Yang Yu Teng's shoulder, Sam smiled softly. ""Don't look at me that way, I might take it wrong."

"Girl, are they boyfriends!?"

"Damn, I want one too!"

"Is this real life?"

Yang Yu Teng's face grew even redder at the sudden exclamations from behind them. He had evidently understood the meaning behind Sam's words, for his eyes immediately directed towards the far lake while Sam gave the group of girls a charming smile, inciting more screech of awe and envy.

"Won't you answer that?" Sam asked, pointing at the ringing phone in Yang Yu Teng's pocket. He saw as Yang Yu Teng's flustered hand took out the phone, gave the screen a glance and rejected the call.

"Are you done flirting?" Yang Yu Teng deflected the attention back towards Sam, the corner of his eyes searching for the girls as he turned his phone on silence and tucked it away.

"With you? Never," Sam simpered.

"With the girls, obviously."

With a smile that made the girls there cooed, Sam pressed his lips together and flicked the man's forehead, "Tck. How did Dad raise you to be this dense?"

Rubbing his forehead, Yang Yu Teng was about to retort but Sam cut him to it, "Nevermind, you don't have to answer. Let's go, we're late."

Leaving the peacefulness of the countryside behind, they chatted for half of the journey and when Sam no longer receive any response, he glanced to his side. To see Yang Yu Teng forced his eyes open and sometimes shook his sleepiness away on their way back to Taipei city, a certain wistfulness rose in Sam. Focusing his eyes on the road, he extended his hand to press a button on Yang Yu Teng's side and lowered the backrest slightly. He pressed his palm on Yang Yu Teng's forehead and pushed the man's head to lean on the seat properly. The unrest from the night before had made Yang Yu Teng easily obedient as he rest his body into a sound sleep.

"Yang Yu Teng.." Sam called to see if the man was really asleep. Receiving only gentle snores as the respond, he took Yang Yu Teng's hand and placed it on his lap, stroking it with his thumb. When the skyscrapers at the end of the road finally caught his sight, he felt his heart finally saw rightly. It was set and he knew, nothing could change his mind then.

Yang Yu Teng woke up and stretched his legs as the car stopped in front of a well-lit building. He looked out the window and saw the sun was already setting. "Where are we?" his voice husky, watching as Sam leaned in to unbuckle his seatbelt.

"Hotel."

"Huh?" Yang Yu Teng could feel his sleepiness vanish in a split second. Straightening his back, he called up a bitter memory that made his shoulder shrink. He looked into the eyes of the man sitting beside him and was reminded of a certain smirk that discoursed his present grey. "What.. What are we doing here?"

"We're—Wait, what's with that look? Do you not trust me?"

The hurt look Sam gave him made his active mind somewhat clearer. If Sam wanted to do something to him, why bother going to the hotel when Sam has a house he own? Yang Yu Teng nodded, then shook his head hastily as the worry in his heart simmered down.

"Is that so?" Sam lowered his lids.

"No! I mean, let's go?" Yang Yu Teng plastered a smile and opened his door, running towards the entrance before he stopped to let Sam catch up to him.

"Are you a kid? Why would you run?" Sam nagged as he threw his key to the hotel's valet and wrapped his arm around Yang Yu Teng's waist.

Even if Yang Yu Teng was sure Sam did not have bad intention, he couldn't help but feel uncomfortable at the thoughts that he couldn't escape from. Wriggling himself free from Sam's arm, they rode up the elevator and walked through an empty carpeted corridor to reach the front of a large door.

"Why don't we go home?" Yang Yu Teng said with a forced smile and turned his body around to walk away but Sam was fast to press his palm on his back and knocked on the door.

When the door opened, Yang Yu Teng's eyes were met with familiar faces, cheerful as they shouted "Happy birthday!".