300 🩺 Uber x 3

Start from the beginning

Mingi exhaled in amused surprise, impressed with his level of perception. He had known the blonde to be observant, but he had severely misjudged his level of intuition.

'We were talking about Yun-ah,' San said gently, resting his chin on Wooyoung's shoulder. 'He gave Min a lift home.'

The blonde's eyes widened slightly, side glancing at San, before they met Mingi's. 'Is he still being a meany?' he asked.

Exhaling in amusement, Mingi wondered whether he was suddenly acting soft and flaunting his aegyo in a cunning way of getting him to open up about how he felt...

It clearly worked. 'No... San thinks he's trying,' Mingi replied softly.

Wooyoung bit his swollen lip gently. 'But do you think he's trying?'

He thought back to the way Yunho had so openly admitted to staring at him, and wanting to be around him... Missing him...

'I... I think he might be... But that doesn't mean he's ready for a relationship- if he even feels that way,' he quickly added.

Wooyoung nodded like he understood. 'You know, I used to crush on this guy who was so closeted, he may as well have been chained inside a concrete coffin.'

Mingi frowned at his admission, watching San suddenly look at him like it was news to him. 'Really?' he asked sceptically.

Wooyoung nodded. 'Most irritating time of my life. He used to kiss me when he knew for sure we were alone, but then acted like we were nothing more than acquaintances when others were around.'

Mingi felt a sickening feeling flood him as he remembered what his last serious relationship had been like.

'Min's ex was like that too,' San said, apparently thinking along the same line. 'Except I think he was insecure as fuck even when they were alone.'

Mingi bit his lip. He'd been so happy in his last relationship. But even then, his affection was almost never returned...

'What happened with your crush?' Mingi asked, pushing all thoughts of the past back into Pandora's box.

Wooyoung poked his tongue idly into the corner of his lips, thinking back. 'He was like Yunho a little bit, in that he was useless,' he said, ignoring the way San rolled his eyes.

'But as happy as he was to kiss me in the dark while his family were on the other side of the country, he had zero interest in working towards being together, in the open.'

Mingi felt his face pull into a saddened pout. 'I'm sorry...' he said softly.

Wooyoung shook his head. 'Don't be. He was an asshat. And that's why he didn't want to try.

But Yunho... He's different... I feel like he wants to try... He's still hopeless, but from what San tells me, he sounds like one of those eager children trying hard to learn to ride a bike. He wants to learn. He doesn't know what the handles or the gears or the spokes are called, but he knows that he wants to know how to ride it, and what the end result looks like.

And Yunho doesn't really strike me as someone who cares too much if someone sees him fall off or not. So long as he's having fun, and achieving little milestones... he strikes me as someone who will get straight back on the bike and keep trying, until he masters it.'

Mingi's lips fell apart, rendered speechless. Mainly because he felt in his bones that Yunho was like that. He'd said over and over again that he wanted to be around him, and had shown time and time again that he was persistent...

But just as he began to fall too deeply into thinking about the boy that made his heart flutter, the electric jug ticked over, and Wooyoung sighed energetically, breaking the moment.

'But what do I know? I've only met him a few times. Please tell me you boiled enough water for more than one cup of coffee, because I am dying for some caffeine.'

Mingi's lips pulled into a small smile as the blonde dragged him from his intense thoughts.

And for that, he was ever thankful.

'I did~. Shall I make you one?'

Wooyoung's lips pulled into a magnificent smile. 'Please?~' he gasped. 'Min-ah~ I love you! Thank you! You're a coffee prince!~'

Mingi smiled, cooing at his behaviour as he watched San melt.

'You're more than welcome, hun. Tell me how you have it~.'

~~~