89

"What's wrong?" sighing, Ally put her hands on her hips as Bucky closed the door behind him. After their food was delivered, they had all eaten together. Bucky had been very quiet the whole time, and Ally had noticed right away that something was wrong, but didn't want to bring it up in front of the other two.  She had waited until everyone had said goodnight and they had gone to their rooms.

"What's supposed to be wrong?" Bucky asked as he changed his clothes. Ally sighed again. "Something's bothering you, so say it already" Bucky faltered for a moment, wondering if he should really say it, because it would surely lead to another discussion. But he also knew that Ally wouldn't calm down until he told her. "I don't know if it's a good idea for you to start training again tomorrow already" "here we go again" Ally rolled her eyes and flopped down on the bed. "And why not?" her tone sounded annoyed, but Bucky hadn't expected anything else.

"You just got done with your therapy today, normal people would then take it easy for a few days, relax and only then get back to work. Doll, what you've been through the last few weeks , won't pass you by without damage to your health" Ally laughed wryly. "Funny to hear that from the man who told me shortly after his gunshot wound that he was going to work out, since the serum, which in case you forgot, also runs through my veins, builds him up faster than normal people do. Bucky, you should know me well enough by now to know that I'm not a normal person, right? Relaxing doesn't work for me! We're running out of time. The mission to storm Karpov's hideout is only a few days away and I need to be fit for it" Ally got a little louder.

"If you remember when I had the gunshot wound, you were the one who had still put me in bed for over a week and threatened me with God knows what if I tried to get up. I listened to you! Why don't you listen to me?" Bucky also spoke louder than usual. His one hand was clenched into a fist as he stared at Ally with an expressionless look. "You got shot and even had trouble getting up. Look at me. I'm fine, there's nothing wrong with me" Ally had by now jumped up from the bed indignantly and was wildly waving her hands around. "Have you forgotten how you've been the last few days? As soon as we were on the couch, you fell asleep from exhaustion. You were wiped out and just because you haven't really pushed yourself yet today doesn't mean you're capable of doing it again, Doll" Ally let out an exasperated sound.

"What do you expect me to do? Sit around stupid and unprepared to fight my ex?!" she yelled at him. "Maybe you should just sit out the mission" Bucky said softly. Ally's mouth dropped open in outrage as she took a step toward Bucky. Barely a foot separated the two. "You're going to bench me?" she asked, beside herself. Bucky sighed. "In your condition, maybe it would be best" "best?" Ally's voice almost cracked with anger. "You know how important this mission is to me! You know how badly I want to catch this bastard and now you're telling me to just wait here and let you guys do the work?! I'm important to this mission, you need me to catch him, you know that" Angrily, she dug her index finger into Bucky's chest before making indignant sounds and turning around.

Bucky thought he heard her sob. "Doll, I'm not doing this to upset you. I'm just trying to protect you. I'm worried about you" He reached out but pulled his arm back. "It's not fair. You can't do this to me" a quiet sob followed. "I just don't want you to push it, okay? I don't want you to get hurt" suddenly Ally turned around, her eyes red and sparkling with anger. "You're just trying to protect me, we've heard that excuse enough times now haven't we? Damn it, Bucky, I'm not a little kid anymore that you have to protect from all the dangers in the world. I'm a grown woman with powers like no other. I can protect myself, I don't need your protection" she snapped at him. Bucky looked at her, startled. He had not expected this outburst.

"B-but, I-I just mean it.. for good" he stammered. "oh, and what was that about Clark at lunch today?" Ally stepped even a bit closer to Bucky and stood on her tiptoes, their faces now separated by less than a foot. "I don't know what you mean" "I'm not blind and don't act like I'm stupid. I saw you looking at him the whole time, and your hand on my thigh. What was that about?" Bucky was about to say something when Ally cut him off. "Now if you're going to say that you were just trying to protect me from him, then I'm going to leave this room" Bucky closed his mouth again, which only made Ally more upset. She turned around and walked a few steps away, pissed off and folded her arms off her chest.

"Doll, I..." Bucky started to speak, but Ally interrupted him by turning around in a flash, sending a blue wave all over the room. Bucky was startled to see that her eyes were glowing blue, too. "Best just not say anything anymore" he heard Ally's voice in his head, followed by a pounding headache. He wanted to open his mouth but he couldn't. The droning got stronger and Bucky pressed his hands against his head. It should stop, the pain should stop.

Ally watched in shock as Bucky fell to his knees in convulsions, his hands pressed against his head, his face contorted in pain. "Bucky?" she rushed up beside him and shook him. "Bucky, what's wrong?" but Bucky only convulsed more. "Talk to me, Bucky" she shook him again. "Doll, y-you're in my h-head" he stammered and only now Ally saw herself in the mirror on the wall behind Bucky. Her eyes glowed blue, they glowed. "No" desperately Ally squinted her eyes until she felt Bucky fall against her with a groan.

Carefully, she opened her eyes. Bucky's head was on her lap, his eyes closed, breathing heavily. "Bucky?" she asked fearfully. Slowly, Bucky opened his eyes, blinking a few times before looking at Ally. Fear and despair, pain reflected in his eyes. "Bucky, what happened?" concerned, she stroked his cheek before he carefully sat up. "We just discovered a new power of yours" Bucky's voice sounded weakened. Ally stared at him, startled. "Which one?" she whispered, guessing what was coming but hoping she was wrong. "Mind control. You controlled me."

"Bucky, I'm sorry" Ally was in tears again. No sooner was she out of control than she was doing it to others.Bucky of all people, who was surely controlled enough himself.  "Hey, it's okay. I'm fine" Bucky pushed her head up and stroked her cheek. "It shouldn't have come to this. I never should have controlled you" Ally leaned against Bucky's hand. "you didn't do it on purpose. It's okay, Doll" Bucky brushed away the tear that ran down Ally's cheek.

"you just got me so upset. You keep trying to protect me from everything and everyone, when I don't even need that protection" when Ally calmed down, they stood up together. "I know, Doll. I know you don't need my protection, but there's nothing I can do about it. I just need to protect you" Bucky stroked her cheek tenderly. "why? Because of Steve?" Ally asked softly. Bucky shook his head. "no, not because of Steve" "then why?" Bucky sighed, there was no turning back now. "because I have feelings for you, Ally" he gathered all his courage. "because I...I love you."

LOVE YOUUUUUU ♥️