69

"I think we should get some sleep, don't you? It's been a busy day today and tomorrow it seems we're going on" Ally stood up and picked up the glasses she was putting in the dishwasher. "Ally's right. Let's call it a night. Tomorrow is a new day and I have a feeling it won't be any more relaxing" Sam also rose and walked to the door.

Ally snuggled up to Bucky as they both got ready for bed and Ally set the alarm for seven. "Are you okay? You were so quiet when Sharon was there" she wrapped her arms around him. "Everything's fine. I just don't know if I really trust Sharon" he muttered and pulled Ally to him."She's just doing her job, Bucky. She doesn't mean any harm" Bucky sighed "you're probably right" "of course I'm right, but let's forget about it and get some sleep. We have a lot to do tomorrow" Ally gave him a little kiss on the lips before laying her head on his chest and closing her eyes.

The next morning they got up with the ringing of the alarm clock. The night had been quiet. Ally had had another dream that she thought was a memory, but it hadn't been too bad and she hadn't had to wake Bucky. They both changed clothes and while Bucky woke Sam, Ally fixed breakfast. They ate together and then relaxed on the couch for a bit before Sharon arrived.

Together with her, they got into the elevator. "So we're on a tight schedule. We're going to take Bucky to the conference room first. Your therapist is waiting there and wants to talk to you" Sharon explained. Bucky sighed. The last thing he needed right now was his therapist, who was reluctantly trying to work through his past with him. "We had to call her. It's still part of your inclusion contract that you see her regularly" Bucky nodded as the 4th floor doors opened as well. "I'll find my own way. You guys go ahead" he said before turning to Ally. "I'll get back to you as soon as I can" she nodded and smiled encouragingly at him as the elevator doors closed as well and Bucky made his way to the conference room, annoyed.

"Ally, you and I are going to the science department. They want to run some tests on you if it's okay with you" Ally nodded before Sharon turned to Sam. "And you have the flash drive with all the data on it?" Sam nodded and lifted the USB stick into the air. "Good, you're going to the IT department. Have them load everything onto our computers and then search for anything they can find out about Karpov and everyone else. I want to find a lead today on where he is and what he's up to" Sam nodded as the elevator opened the doors and they stood in the science department. "See you around" Sam said goodbye to Ally who stepped off the elevator with Sharon.

"James, good to see you again. Have a seat" Doctor Raynor pointed to the chair across from her. Wordlessly, Bucky dropped into the chair and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "I understand you're involved in another mission. You're trying to protect someone, is that right?" "i'm helping someone who asked for my help, is that wrong?" "i also heard that this woman who asked for your help also has a history with hydra. I hope you are aware of the possible consequences that this mission can have as aftermath" "yes, I am" "and have you experienced any consequences?" "no" "do you have nightmares?" "no" "James, I can only help you if you are honest with me" "I am honest" sighing, Doctor Raynor flipped open the file and noted a few things, causing Bucky to roll his eyes. He hated it when she took notes.

"Okay, Ally, we're going to draw your blood and do a blood test first, then you're going to get some basic tests, then we'd like to do an EEG so we can document any changes in your health. After that, we'll do a stress EKG" the doctor explained, going over Ally's medical records. "I see you're a nurse. So you know how all this works?" Ally nodded. "If it gets to be too much for you, just let me know, okay? We want to find out what happened to you when you got these powers and not torture you. It can get to be a lot, so just let us know" Sharon put her hand on Ally's shoulder while the doctor drew blood from her with a syringe. Ally nodded. "Don't worry. I'll be fine" she smiled at Sharon.

When Bucky was finally released from the session after an hour by his therapist, she had tried to get him to talk about Ally, but he had only commented with curt answers, which had only made her write even more annoyed in her notebook, she still called after him threateningly that she would definitely still talk to Ally. He had just rolled his eyes and gone to Sharon's office, which was empty. Confused, he checked with one of the agents working at one of the desks about Sharon's whereabouts and learned that she was in the science department with Ally.

he found Sharon outside a room that had a window on the wall with Ally sitting in a chair behind it. There were a lot of wires stuck to her head, leading to a device. "What are they doing to her in there?" he asked, confused. "EEG, Ally's brain waves are being measured" Sharon explained as the man in the white title waved Sharon over. Bucky followed her as she opened the door and stepped into the room with Ally just having the wires removed from her head. While Sharon had a brief conversation with the doctor, Bucky went to Ally and helped her stand up.

"Are you okay?" he asked with concern, but Ally actually looked pretty fit. She nodded. " They are being gentle with me. I'm fine" she smiled at him. "What have they done yet?" "Drawn blood and did a basic exam. They hit me on the knee to see if I respond. A vision and hearing test and this" she nodded to the chair she was just sitting in. "Anything out of the ordinary?" Ally shook her head. "They're giving us an evaluation of all the results at noon today. I still have to go to the stress EKG" Bucky nodded.

"How did it go with your therapist?" Ally asked with interest. Bucky sighed, "She's a pain. She asks questions all the time" Ally grinned. "Isn't that how therapy works?" "yes, but I don't need her. She's just annoying" "what did she ask?" "a lot about you. Speaking of, she wants to talk to you too, at least that's what she shouted after me" Ally grinned. "Well then, I'll probably get to know her" "have fun with that"

"if you feel she's not doing you any good, why don't you stop therapy?" "if only it were that easy..." Bucky sighed. "why isn't it easy?" "Because I am a citizen of the United States, but not yet safe. Because of my past, they are not sure they really want me running around free in their country. My therapist is seeing me to make sure I don't fall back into old patterns" "if you don't meet with her regularly, you get locked up?" Ally asked, startled. Bucky nodded. "Then you better talk to her, even if she's annoying. We need you free" Bucky nodded. "That's why I'm going, even if she's just annoying me" he explained.

"I hate to interrupt your conversations, but we need to get moving" Sharon stood with the two. "Bucky, I know you would love to be there to watch Ally, but unfortunately we can't take you. Is it okay with you if you join Sam in the IT department?" She looked apologetically at Bucky. Bucky sighed before nodding. Ally seemed to be in good hands and fit with Sharon, he could leave her alone already. "See you around" he gave Ally a quick hug before leaving the room and walking to the elevator.

THXX for 12.4K reads
Love YOUUUU 💓