77

"Good morning" Sharon greeted Ally as she arrived in the science department. "Sleep well?" she grinned at her. Ally jerked her head up in shock. "Yeah, why?" she asked, hoping not to sound too caught off guard. "Well, you guys went to bed pretty early last night, but I guess you needed the sleep, right?" Ally nodded eagerly. "Yeah, totally. I slept like a rock, totally slept in" she added. Sharon gave her a questioning look before walking down the hall to the different rooms. "Glad to hear it. I think you must be really slept in for today too" she replied.

They entered the same room where the conversation with Doctor Hinton had taken place two days ago, but the table and chairs they had been sitting at had now been replaced with an examination couch, next to which was a large machine. Cables ran along the floor from the machine to a large computer screen that sat on a small table with two chairs. Doctor Hinton had been sitting in one of the chairs, but had gotten up when Sharon and Ally entered the room.

"Good morning, you two" he shook hands with both of them. Today he already looked more like a doctor, although he was wearing normal jeans and a white Tshirt, but he also had a smock on. His glasses were in the breast pocket of the smock, next to a couple of pens, his blue eyes seemed even brighter without glasses. "You can just lie down on the couch" Doctor Hinton smiled at Ally, who nodded before he turned to Sharon. "You're welcome to stay with it. It's not really necessary though if you have other things to do"

Sharon looked questioningly at Ally, who by now had taken a seat on the couch. "you can go ahead, I can do this by myself. You have enough to do" Sharon nodded and stepped a little closer to Ally. "You know you can always stop if it gets to be too much, right?" she said softly to her. Ally nodded. "you don't have to worry" she smiled at Sharon who sighed "I'm also more worried about what will happen if Bucky finds out I'm leaving you alone" she muttered which made Ally smirk.

"So, Miss Taylor...." Doctor Hinton began as Sharon left the room. "you are welcome to call me Ally" Ally interrupted the doctor. "Ok Ally, I'm going to explain what we have planned for you and if anything doesn't feel right to you now or during the examination, you let us know right away ok? We're not trying to torture you, we're trying to help" Ally nodded. "Alright, so we're going to start with the more relaxed part for now. You're about to get some kind of rubber cap over your head with sensors attached to it. The cap is connected to the machine next to you..." Doctor Hinton lovingly stroked the device next to the couch.

"...This evaluates everything and sends the data to my computer back there. We hope to use it to find out which parts of your brain are active in telekinesis, or later in your control, and then use it to develop a method to eliminate it. The control, not your telekinesis power.For the second part, Mister Barnes will help us and trigger you with the words" Ally looked up in surprise, she was sure Bucky didn't know about it and certainly wouldn't be thrilled, but still she nodded and smiled. "Sounds good" Doctor Hinton nodded in relief. "Then one last question before we launch. Do you mind if my colleague Doctor Shelby assists with the examination?" Ally shook her head.

Doctor Shelby introduced herself as a young doctor, barely older than Ally, with long blond hair that she had tied back into a tight ponytail. Under her white coat, she wore a black skirt with a white blouse, which looked decidedly good on her. She had coffee-brown eyes that lit up as she smiled at Ally. "It's nice to meet you, Ally. We don't often have the opportunity to investigate something so extraordinary" her smile grew as she excitedly shook Ally's hand. "Eva, can you please let go of Ally's hand and put the cap on her?" Doctor Hinton couldn't help but grin.

"One last time, Ally, then you've done the first part" Ally just nodded. Honestly, the examination was more boring than she thought. She had no idea how long she'd been sitting here now, repeatedly levitating the book that Doctor Shelby had placed on the tray in front of Ally with her powers. The machine next to her made no noise, which somehow disappointed Ally quite a bit, and except for a few mumbled "interesting "s and instructions, Doctor Hinton had said nothing either. Only Doctor Shelby, who watched Ally like a little girl, overwhelmed, as she let the book fly, made excited noises, and entertained Ally at least a little, before Doctor Hinton, admonished her and Doctor Shelby had to go back behind the screen.

"Alright, that's enough for now. Ally, you take a break for now. Have a drink, have a snack, stretch your legs a little bit" Doctor Hinton suggested while relieving Ally of the rubber cap. "I'd say just meet me back here in twenty minutes" Ally nodded and got up from the couch. "Eva, can you please look for Mister Barnes, for the second part we need him too. He is either in the IT department or upstairs on his floor" Doctor Hinton instructed Doctor Shelby. "I can go look for him when I have my break" Ally suggested, but Doctor Hinton shook his head. "I want you to make sure your powers are recharged. You're going to need them. Besides, that's not a problem for Eva to look for him, is it?" Doctor Shelby shook her head and was already out of the room.

"Mister Barnes?" Bucky turned in surprise to the blonde woman in the doctor's coat who had just entered the room where he watched Sam try to track down anything about the information they had on Karpov. "My name is doctor Eva Shelby. I'm assisting Doctor Hinton with the examination of Alison Taylor" she introduced her with a smile, which made Bucky even more surprised. He had thought she was one of the tech experts here. "How can I help you? Is everything okay with Ally?" Bucky asked, confused. Doctor Shelby nodded. "She's doing great. She's on a break right now, but Doctor Hinton has asked me to bring you in for further testing. So would you please come with me?" Doctor Shelby was still smiling kindly. "Uh...sure" Bucky replied and followed the doctor out of the room.

When Bucky entered the exam room, Ally was already back on the examination couch and wearing the rubber cap again. Confused, Bucky looked around the room before going to Ally. "Are you okay?" he asked, reaching for her hand. Ally nodded. " Everything's fine. The exam has just been boring so far" she explained, smiling at him as he ran his thumb over the back of her hand.

Suddenly, someone cleared their throat behind Bucky, causing him to turn around and face a smiling gray-haired man in a doctor's coat standing immediately behind him. "Mister Barnes, nice to meet you. My name is Doctor Hugh Hinton, I'm conducting the examinations on Ally. Thank you for agreeing to help us with this." pleased, the doctor shook Bucky's hand, who just stared at him in confusion. "May I proceed with what I agreed to do?" he asked as the doctor still grinning shook his hand. "oh, you don't know?Agent Carter said you'd help us trigger Ally" Doctor Hinton finally let go of Bucky's hand, who turned to Ally, startled, but who only looked at him expectantly.
Agent Carter said you'd help us trigger Ally" Doctor Hinton finally let go of Bucky's hand, who turned to Ally, startled, but who only looked at him expectantly.

"I... don't know...  I really have to do this?" Bucky started to stammer. "Do you have a problem with that? We're not making you do anything! We'll have to find someone else who knows Russian" Doctor Hinton explained to Bucky. Bucky swallowed. He had sworn after Karpov's attack that he would never put Ally under control again. But even if he didn't, Ally would be triggered, if not by him, by someone else. By a person who didn't know what they were doing. Who hadn't experienced what it was like to be under control. Who might lose control of Ally and make things worse. As all the scenarios that could happen if an unknowing person controlled Ally flitted through his mind, he noticed Ally reach for his hand and intertwine it with hers.

He looked at her, her loving smile as their eyes met. "I trust you" she whispered to him in Russian. "I trust only you with this" Bucky nodded and smiled at her. "And I stand behind your decisions one hundred percent, so if you want me to do it, I'll do it" he replied in Russian. Ally squeezed his hand and nodded. "I want you to do it" she said, at which point Bucky turned to Doctor Hinton, who, in order not to stare awkwardly at the two of them while they were having such an intimate moment, had turned to Doctor Shelby. "I'm ready. what do you want me to do?" Bucky asked the Doctor.

sorry for not posting for over a week but I was in kind of a writer blockade and had stress in school so wasn't able to write but i will try to post daily again
LOVE YOUUU ♥️