31

There was a tense silence at dinner. Bucky still looked pretty angry, so neither Sam nor Ally knew whether or how to have a conversation. Everyone finished their food in silence before they all went back to the computer room and Sam continued with his presentation. Bucky leaned against the wall, arms folded and scowling, while Ally stood next to Sam.

"So, the next point is what Hydra was going to do with you. We haven't found anything about them ever using you, that means we can assume they never sent you on a mission" Sam explained. "Then what were they planning to do with me?" Ally asked, a little surprised. "Well, actually, you were supposed to defeat and destroy the Avengers..." Her mouth dropped open and Ally stared at Sam in disbelief. "...But since someone else had done that back in 2016 and the Avengers were split, they had no further purpose for you" Sam continued. "And that's why they brought you back to the US and settled you into a normal life here" Ally was still staring at him. "They wanted me to kill the Avengers and since that was no longer necessary, they just let me go?" she asked.

Sam shrugged his shoulders. "Funny, isn't it, but the way it reads from the documents, they gave you the apartment, got you a job, and manipulated your mind so that you don't remember your time at Hydra or that you've forgotten the years" "they made me think I was living a normal life all these years. How come I never figured it out?" "because Hydra didn't want you to, if you had somehow suspected or remembered something they probably would have brainwashed you again" "how would they know if I remembered?" "Vasilyev and Morozov weren't the first to come after you. At the beginning an Alexei Karpov was guarding you. But maybe Bucky should tell you who that is" Sam said and turned to Bucky.

Bucky nodded and took a few steps towards them. "Alexei Karpov, nephew of Vasily Karpov. His uncle was the person who controlled me for years, washed my brain, sent me on missions" Bucky said pointing to the picture of Alexei that Sam had just loaded on the big screen. "Alexei was responsible for your project" Ally, who until just now had been looking at Bucky, followed his finger and froze when she caught sight of the man's image. She felt the color drain from her face. Bucky, noticing Ally's gaze, stood beside her, startled, and put his arms around the woman, who looked like she was about to faint.

"What's the matter, Ally? Do you know this man?" Bucky asked worriedly, watching tears well up in Ally's eyes as she nodded slightly absently. "Did you see him in your dreams...when they kidnapped you?" Bucky asked, but Ally, who by now had tears running down her cheek, just shook her head as she continued to stare in shock at the image on the screen. "He....his name is Sean Stewart. He's...I thought...that's my boyfriend" she stammered.

THXXX for 3.4K reads
Love youuuuuuuuu ♥️