65

They began their tour on the floor they were currently on. In addition to the conference room, there was Sharon's large office, as well as a few smaller offices and a small kitchen. Next, they took the elevator to the floor above the garage, where the mechanics department was located, before Sharon showed them the two floors that were disguised as a bank branch. They then continued to a floor that looked like a scaled-up version of the computer room that existed in the safe house. Modern computers were set up everywhere, with employees busily typing away. Sharon explained that the IT department was responsible for monitoring and searching for suspects. Then they went to a floor where there were interrogation rooms, as well as small cells.

After they also saw the floor where they could train, Sharon took them to the science department, which included the medical wing. "So now you've seen everything important except your rooms, which is why I'd say Bucky stay here and get his wound looked at and I'll take the rest of you to your rooms if that's okay?" Bucky was about to object at first, but Ally forestalled him. "Yes, that's what we'll do. It would be good to have someone professional take a look at Bucky's wound, wouldn't it?" She gave Bucky an expectant look, who sighed and nodded. Sharon waved one of the gown attendants over and spoke briefly to him, who then went into an adjoining room with Bucky.

"This will be your floor. You may divide the rooms as you wish. Each bedroom has its own bathroom, there is a common lounge with a kitchen. If you need anything, let me know" Sharon explained as the elevator opened on the sixth floor. "What were this floor for anyway?" Sam asked as he stared down the bright white hallway. There were a few pictures hanging on the walls showing aerial views of various cities in black and white, otherwise all that was visible were the doors leading to the various rooms. "This floor and the top two are specifically for guests. If, like in your case, there are people who need protection, witnesses or just people who are important to the case and we need to keep them here. In total we can house 18 people here" Sharon explained. "Agents used to live here who worked here at the Washtub" Sam nodded impressed. "I'll leave you guys to it though. Get yourselves settled and then come back up to the fourth floor, okay? But take your time, you can eat something, too." Ally and Sam nodded before Sharon disappeared behind the elevator doors.

"Shall we go look at the rooms?" Ally asked when they were alone and looked at Sam questioningly. "Sure, lets go" together they walked to the first door, behind which was a small bedroom. The walls were white like the hallway, a wooden double bed stood in the middle of the wall, on either side was a nightstand. Above the bed hung a large painting of a floral landscape. "Doesn't look bad" Ally commented, curiously pushing open the drawers of the wooden dresser that was next to the door. Unfortunately, to her disappointment, it was empty. they entered further into the room and discovered a large flat screen TV on the wall, opposite the bed, and a table and chair behind the door.

Ally walked over to the window that stretched across half the wall and looked out at the small suburb they appeared to be in. "Do you have any idea where we are?" Ally turned to Sam, who had come to stand beside her. Sam shook his head. "Somewhere outside New York. Over there is the skyline" he pointed into the distance where Ally recognized the outline of the big city's skyscrapers. "Do you trust Sharon?" She asked as she continued to stare at the rooftops, of suburban homes. "Yes, I do. She helped Steve and me and lost her job in the process. She's on our side, Ally" Sam answered confidently. Ally nodded with a sigh. "It's weird knowing she's related to me and had no idea. Apparently I do have family after all" she tried to smile at Sam. "Let's still look at the bathroom" Ally steered away from the topic again and opened the door that was next to the TV.

The bathroom was quite modern, there was even a rain shower and two sinks. "Wow, from a basement room to a three star hotel. We've upgraded" Ally joked as they walked back out of the bathroom. "Any roof over my head is fine, but I'm honestly glad I'm not sleeping on the mattress on the floor anymore" Sam laughed.

The other rooms looked exactly the same as the first, which is why Ally and Sam decided to go check out the common room before settling into the rooms. The door to the common room was the last one on the right, at least that's what it said in bold on the door.

Curious, the two entered the room, which was divided into three parts. On one side was a sofa with a matching armchair and a TV on the wall, opposite was a large wooden dining table with matching chairs. The last part was the kitchenette, which stretched across the entire wall. It consisted of hanging cabinets, kitchen cabinets, a stove with oven and a microwave. there was also a double refrigerator, which Sam opened expectantly and was hugely pleased when it was filled. "They even have beer" Sam exclaimed delightedly before closing it again. Ally meanwhile looked around the kitchen cupboards. plates, cutlery, pots, glasses, cups and all the crockery you would find in a normal kitchen came to light. "I think this place will do" she muttered as she opened the large cabinet and found countless rations of food. "I think this is the pantry" she said, grinning at Sam.

THXX for 11.6k reads
Love youuuuu ♥️