10

Bucky decided to check on Ally and knocked on the door to her room before opening it and taking a peek inside. Ally was sitting on the bed, back against the wall and arms wrapped around her knees. She had pulled the hood of her sweater over her head and was peering out from under it at Bucky. "Hey, can I come in?" he asked. Ally nodded and pulled the hood off her head. "How are you?" Bucky asked as he sat down in the chair in front of Ally's bed, where he had been sitting the last time. "Every time I think I know the worst about my past, some new detail comes to light" she sighed and leaned her head against the wall behind her.

"It will be over soon. We want to interrogate one of your pursuers" Ally's eyes grew wide. "You want to what?" "Sam is going to stake out Vasilyev's apartment tomorrow and when we know if the coast is clear, we'll grab him and make him talk" Ally looked at Bucky in surprise. "And you think that will do anything?" Bucky shrugged. "I don't know, but if he has information we promise we'll get it out of him" Bucky smiled at Ally.

The two fell silent again, but Ally didn't want Bucky to leave. the last thing she wanted right now was to be alone with her thoughts. She would be questioning her whole life again, and that would only screw her up more than today's information already had. Bucky's presence did her good. It felt like he understood her, would know what was going on inside her, how she felt, what she was thinking without her having to say it. She didn't know if she was just imagining it because Bucky had told her that he too was an experiment with Hydra, but she didn't care. Even though Bucky was just sitting silently, elbows propped on his knees, in the chair in front of her bed, she felt better.

"Truth or truth?" she asked, trying to keep Bucky busy so he wouldn't leave her alone. Bucky looked at her questioningly. "Well, truth or truth. Is like truth or dare only without dare. We just ask each other questions" she said and sat up straight. "well then...truth?" Bucky asked a bit confused. Ally grinned as she thought of a question.

"Where were you when half of humanity disappeared?" Bucky lowered his head with a sigh. "I was fighting alongside your grandfather in Wakanda. One of the stones Thanos had used was there and we tried to defend it, we failed though" "I'm sorry about that, it was a stupid question. I should have known you were fighting. I didn't want to bring back bad memories" Ally apologized with a guilty conscience. "It's all good. You're welcome to ask questions like that. It's just weird knowing that shortly after that I was just gone for five years"

Ally nodded. "I know exactly what you mean" "you were gone too?" Bucky raised his head and looked Ally straight in the eye. she swallowed and nodded. "I was just in surgery. A little boy had run in front of a car. He was badly injured, his life was in danger, and suddenly everyone dissolved...it was....scary. When it was reversed, I came back to myself in that operating room. The boy...he...he wasn't dissolved then. He died because no one was there to help him" "I'm sorry about that" Bucky whispered. Ally smiled bravely before looking at Bucky. "Your turn. Ask me a question"

Bucky pondered. "What did you tell your fellow humans when you came to us? I mean, you didn't expect to go back so soon, did you? Where do they think you are right now?" Ally laughed out. "To be honest, I didn't know what to expect when I tracked you down. I didn't know you, you didn't know me. well, being an experiment of a terrorist group definitely didn't cross my mind" Bucky had to grin. "At work I told that my aunt, who lives in Philadelphia, got sick and I had to take care of her, I also said that to my boyfriend"

"Your boyfriend?" Bucky looked at her in surprise. In all their conversations the two had had with each other, Ally had never mentioned a partner before that. "Yes, my boyfriend" Ally sighed "Doesn't he worry because you don't check in?" Ally shrugged. "I don't know. But I can't call him, first of all, that might give away our hiding place, and secondly.... what am I going to tell him? That I went into hiding with two Avengers because it looks like some psychopaths experimented on me?" she laughed wryly. Bucky shrugged. "Sometimes the truth is better than lying. If all this clears up, I'm sure you can't hide it from him" Ally sighed "Maybe you're right".

Thank you so much for 270 reads! That's so amazing 😱
love youuuuuuu❤️❤️