29

"I think that's enough information again for now. We'll continue after dinner, ok?" Bucky said. Ally nodded and left the room with him. He felt that she had actually taken in that bit of information quite well. She didn't look like she was about to faint, nor did she look like she was shocked and intimidated. Still, he wanted to check to see if he was right. "How are you doing now that you know all about your powers?" he asked as he sat down on the couch with her. "Surprisingly, not bad. I know it sounds weird, but somehow I'm totally excited to try out the powers" she said smiling. Bucky nodded. "Watch out though. Power means influence and influence can change people. In very bad ways" Ally nodded. "I know, but after all I've learned about myself, knowing that I've gained something from this is finally some good news"

Bucky nodded in agreement. "I can understand that. Just promise me you'll stay the same person no matter what. Stay the way you are, ok?" Ally smiled and nodded. "I promise" Bucky returned the smile. "Dark Sapphire, pretty cool name right?" he then said. Ally laughed. "Honestly, not bad. Did Hydra give you your name too?" She asked. Bucky nodded. "Winter Soldier. Pretty unimaginative, actually. I don't use it anymore either. He belongs to my Hydra days. Now I'm James Bucky Barnes" he said, taking his eyes off Ally. "And the name is better than your old one" she said, nudging him with her elbow with a smile, making him grin slightly.

Ally wanted to relax in front of the TV for a bit before dinner, however Bucky decided to go to Sam and see if he could find out anything new. "Bucky, that's good of you to come" Sam greeted him as he entered the room. "Anything new?" Bucky asked. Sam nodded. "I was able to identify a few of the people and was able to match some to the abbreviations you found in the book" he explained. "You mean the abbreviations, about the people who were supposed to be keeping tabs on Ally when they let her back out in the open?" Bucky asked. Sam nodded. "I think there's one name you're not going to like that much involved" Sam pushed around on the screen until a file appeared on the large one. "Alexei Karpov" Sam read out.

Bucky looked stung at the last name. "Karpov as in Vasily Karpov?" he asked, swallowing the lump in his throat. Sam nodded. "He's his nephew" Bucky felt anger run through his body.Of course the nephew of the person who used him for years had to be behind Ally's experiment.  "Let me guess, he was also the leader of the experiment" Bucky swallowed the anger but clenched his hand into a fist. "He was working in the background. Medical direction was by a Josh Bowes, ex-S.H.I.E.L.D doctor on good terms with Alexander Pierce. They hadn't been able to track him down when S.H.I.E.L.D fell, which is why they thought he perished" "but he was hidden, somewhere in Russia, blasting Ally with beams of rocks" Bucky growled.

"By the way, the doctor with the Russian accent Ally had seen in her nightmare was Dr. Zola" Sam continued, opening another file. "Zola? Why didn't we realize from the beginning that Zola had to have something to do with this?" Bucky sighed. "Well, theoretically it wasn't Arnim Zola but his son Yasha. Zola was dead by then" "but Yasha certainly didn't get his contacts with Hydra from anywhere. His father was the reason he joined Hydra, I'm sure of it. Everything bad starts with Zola. Red Skull, Hydra, the collapse of S.H.I.E.L.D..." "...you..." Sam interjected cautiously. "..Yeah, me and now Ally. I should have killed that egghead years ago" Bucky growled, banging his metal arm on the table. "You were brainwashed, Bucky. You couldn't have done it" Sam tried to calm him down. "I still should have, then maybe what happened to Ally never would have happened" Bucky said and stomped out of the room in a huff.

THXX FOR 3k reads
LOVE YOUUUUU ♥️