1

She turned around once more to make sure that she had really hooked up her pursuers, but the street was deserted except for her. Relieved, she walked on. The bus stop was two blocks away and she had to hurry if she still wanted to catch that bus.

With quick steps she ran on, when suddenly two people turned the corner. Her heart began to race and she pulled the cap on her head deeper into her face. Had they found her again after all? It couldn't be, she had chosen the longest detours and the most deserted areas. She had also avoided all the places where she usually spent time. For days she had planned the route and until now everything had gone well, had it gone wrong now?

The two figures continued to approach her. It was dark, so she couldn't see them clearly. Only when they were directly in front of her she recognized that they were just two teenagers who were looking at her strangely.

She could understand. She was wearing dark leggings and had the hood of her dark blue hoddie pulled up over her cap. She clutched the straps of her black backpack tightly as she walked past the boys with her eyes downcast. To them, she had to look like a distraught person.

Her heart was beating at a normal pace again when she arrived at the bus stop. The bus would arrive in two minutes, but she kept nervously checking her watch before looking around. There was no one to be seen. But two minutes in one place could be long enough to be spotted.

Finally the bus arrived and she got on. She quickly looked at the other passengers, but none of them looked conspicuous. She sat down at the very back, so she had an overview of the bus. She would have to ride six stops and then walk another three blocks before finally reaching her destination. What would be waiting for her there, she honestly had no idea.

She was the last person off the bus and immediately looked around her. There were a few people walking around, but she didn't notice anything conspicuous. Heart pounding, she set off, thinking about what she should actually do when she reached her destination. She had been thinking about how to get here inconspicuously for the past few days so much so that she hadn't even considered what she would do once she made it.

Her plan suddenly seemed silly and ridiculous, and she considered turning around and calling it all off. No, she told herself, she had come this far and she couldn't just give up now. She would just wing it.

Luck was on her side, because as she stood in front of the building, someone was just leaving, so she could easily slip into the hallway. Now all she had to do was find apartment 4H.

She took the stairs to the right floor and immediately found the door to the apartment. Should she knock? She raised her hand, but hesitated. No light shone through the crack at the bottom of the door. So maybe no one was home? She looked around to see if anyone was on the floor before lying down on the ground. There was no light on in the apartment.

She sighed. What was she supposed to do now? Just wait outside the door,go home? She stared at the lock. She could also just....no, there was no way she should just kick the door down. But....she picked a clip out of her hair and bent it before putting it in the keyhole and twisting it around. As a child, she had done this hundreds of times when her mother had locked the cabinet with the candy again. However, she was quite out of practice, so she knelt in front of the door and continued to turn the clip in the lock. It clicked, but it was not the door.

"Put your hands in the air and stand up" a voice next to her suddenly said as she looked down the barrel of a gun, startled. "I can explain" she said while standing up with her hands raised. The guy with short dark hair stared at her angrily. Her eyes fell on his metal arm, exposed by his rolled up sleeve. "I hope so" another guy with dark hair said and stood next to the other with his arms crossed. she sighed as they both took her inside. It hadn't gone at all the way she wanted, but at least she had found the people she was looking for.

HEYYY GUYS,
Welcome to my story „the dark sapphire"! I am happy you got to the story and hope you will enjoy it! Just wanted to say that I wrote the story before the The Falcon and the Winter Soldier serie was/is released so the plot and information from the serie are not at all or at a later time in my story.
English is also not my first language so please be kind and don't crisis me for grammar or spelling mistakes, I try my best!
LOVE YOUUUU
XOXO marvelfxn