68

Ally had just calmed down a bit, she was sitting in bed again, her eyes weren't as red and she didn't have the pillow in her arms anymore, when there was a knock at the door. Although neither Bucky, who was still sitting on the edge of the bed with Ally, nor she answered, the door was opened and Sharon stepped in. "What do you want Sharon? Did you think of any more questions?" Bucky snapped at her. Sharon sighed, "No. I wanted to talk to Ally... In private, if you don't mind" Ally put her arm on Bucky's shoulder. "It's okay. Go. I'll be fine" Bucky gave her a searching look and then stood up nodding. "Be careful. You've put her through enough today" he grumbled at Sharon before leaving the room and closing the door behind him.

"so, what do you want to talk about?" Ally crossed her arms in front of her chest and looked at Sharon blankly. Sharon grabbed the chair and pushed it in front of the bed before sitting on it and looking apologetically at Ally. "I'm... sorry about what happened before. i overdid it" Sharon sighed as Ally continued to stare at her. "it just seemed so weird, like everything Sam told me about you was a lie. You're my cousin, Peggy's granddaughter, you have powers and you were a victim of Hydra? It just sounded like a completely made up story, so I wanted to see if everything you were telling was true. But it was wrong, I shouldn't have taken advantage of my position. You didn't give me any reason not to trust you. I didn't expect you to be so upset, but I should have stopped when I realized it. I'm really sorry" Sharon sighed again.

"It's ok, in a way I understand. You know how I felt when I got that letter or when Sam and Bucky started to find out what all happened to me in the past? I thought it was a bad joke too" Ally gives a short laugh. "I can imagine" Sharon grinned. "That means you're not mad at me?" Ally shakes her head. "You shouldn't be mad at family" she smiled at Sharon who smiled gratefully at her. "thank you, cousin"

"Can I ask you something, Sharon?" Ally asked. Sharon nodded. "You were close to Peggy, weren't you?" "yes, she was the reason I became an agent. But it was hard too, I was always in her shadow" Sharon's smile looked sad as she stared out the window. "so she really was such a great woman as everyone reports?" Sharon nodded. "She was the most terrific person I know. She was a role model for everyone because she dominated in a time when no one liked to see a woman with power" Ally smiled. "I would have loved to have met her" "I think she would have liked you" Sharon smiled at her.

"I'm glad we could work that out" Sharon stood up and put the chair back at the table. "Your boyfriend would have killed me for sure otherwise, as deadly as he looked at me before" she laughed. "My boyfriend?" Ally looked at her confused before she understood who Sharon meant. "Oh no, Bucky and I.... we're not together. Honestly, I don't know what we are" Ally nervously reached for her bracelet. "oh, i'm sorry. i thought.... i mean, it looked like.... I'm really sorry" Sharon stammered. Ally smiled. "No problem. But I think you're right. We should go to the boys"

Bucky sat nervously on the couch, staring at the door. What was taking the women so long? Was Ally all right? There were no sounds of an argument, which was actually a good sign, right? Still, it was driving Bucky crazy. He couldn't judge Sharon very well, didn't know how he felt about her being alone in the room with Ally, especially since Ally wasn't in the best mental health. Sam sitting relaxed next to him on the couch eating chips didn't help him either, on the contrary, the rustling of the chip bag only made him more upset and he had to control himself not to snatch the bag from Sam's hand.

He exhaled in relief when the door finally opened and Ally entered the room, followed by Sharon. Immediately he jumped up and ran toward Ally. "Are you okay? Do you feel all right? Did she bother you some more?" he bombarded her with questions. "Calm down, Bucky. I'm fine. She apologized to me and we talked normally" Ally replied, grinning at Sharon. "I know I wasn't very nice to her before, Bucky. That's why I apologized. And as it turns out, we get along pretty well" Sharon winked at Ally "after all, we are family" she added, making them both laugh before walking past Bucky to the kitchen counter. "We decided to cook" Ally informed Bucky who stood in the room looking confused after the two women.

"Somehow I don't like this" sighing, Bucky dropped back down on the couch with Sam. "What, that they're getting along and making us dinner?" Sam put the chip bag aside. "somehow it bothers me. I don't know why" Bucky watched the women who seemed to be having fun. "Why don't you be happy for Ally. She didn't even know she still had family until yesterday and there are worse than Sharon" Bucky sighed again. "you're right" "and if you're afraid that Ally will replace you with Sharon, I can tell you that the fear is unwarranted. You won't find that between Ally and you again anytime soon, even with a cousin you didn't know about" Sam looked at Bucky encouragingly before standing up. "Let's see if there's anything we can do to help"

"Enjoy your meal" Ally raised the glass of coke she had poured herself and toasted the three others. while Bucky and Sam had set the table, Sharon and she had prepared mashed potatoes. They also cooked a steak for everyone, which they all enjoyed.

After eating, everyone sat down on the couch and began a relaxed round of conversation. Sharon explained how hard it had been to renovate the building in the beginning, since it was run down, that three architects had cancelled and said that nothing could be saved. The others told of their time together at the Safe House and Ally's Powers.

"I have something else for you, by the way" Sharon stood up and took out of the pocket of her blazer three cards on a lanyard. She handed one to each of the three. "These are your cards so you can move around here freely. You'll get the cell phones tomorrow" she explained as the others hung the cards around their necks.

"We have some appointments for you tomorrow, but do you feel like training with me afterwards? After all, your partner isn't up to it yet" Sharon pointed at Bucky as she smiled at Ally. "Sure, I'd love to. Should be fun" Ally replied smiling. "Ok, I guess I'll see you guys in the morning then. I'll pick you guys up at eight. Thanks for the evening" Sharon stood up. "See you tomorrow. Good night" Ally bid her farewell and the men raised their hands briefly before Sharon left the room.

Love youuu ♥️