6

Bucky met up with Sam in the computer room shortly after. They had decided to do some research on Alison and of course had access to all the files through Tony. Sam controlled everything through a small iPad that showed all the search results on the big screen on the wall. With a few clicks, they had Alison's complete life story in front of them. "Alison Margaret Taylor. Her father apparently did miss his parents if he had named his daughter after Peggy" Bucky muttered as Sam pressed on the parents' files. "James Samuel Taylor, that's him" they both stared at the image of the blond man that appeared on the screen. This was Steve's son!

They continued to search and read about the accident that led to the death of Alison's parents. They were killed in a car accident when what appeared to be a driver in the oncoming lane lost control of his vehicle and crashed into the couple's car. Both died instantly, and the driver of the other car committed a hit-and-run and was never caught. The pictures of the Taylors' destroyed car looked horrific.

"There's nothing about James' parents in his file" Sam said, pushing the pictures and files aside. "Probably for his safety" Bucky shrugged before taking a closer look at Alison's file. "It's weird, look" Sam opened a document on Alison's credit cards. "According to her bill and other documents, she just disappeared between 2011 to 2017. Nothing can be found about her" Bucky looked at the documents. "That's weird. Somehow she should have stood out. Don't you have anything on a job?" Sam shook his head. "She didn't start her current job until 2017. Before that, it looks like she just fell off the face of the earth for 6 years" "that's the time when Hydra..." "...held her down and experimented on her" Sam completes Bucky's sentence.

"What...what are you doing?" startled, the two men turned around. Alison stood in the doorway staring at the large screen. "Alison, you should not...." Alison silenced Bucky by raising her hand. Slowly, with a pale face and shaky hands, Alison moved toward the screen. She stopped half a meter in front of the image of her parents' crashed car and stared at the screen with a sad expression. Bucky was about to say something when Alison cleared her throat and turned to them. "I was cooking and was going to get you guys for dinner, are you guys done here?" she smiled at them both as if nothing had just happened. Sam looked at Bucky in surprise, who eyed Alison questioningly. "Uh..yeah, we'll be right there" he said.

"Alison, we weren't spying on you" Bucky interrupted the silence during the meal. "It's all good. I don't blame you guys. You just wanted to know who you were dealing with" she smiled at them both. "No, we wanted to see if we could find out anything about your time at Hydra" Sam continued talking. "And we were successful. From the looks of it, you just didn't exist for 6 years" Alison looked up from her plate confused. "How is that possible?" "we don't know either. There's no credit card statement, no record of a job or apartment, not even a traffic ticket from you between 2011 and 2017" "but, that's...impossible"

Bucky worriedly leaned over to Alison, who again looked totally confused. "Can you remember anything that happened between those years so we can see if we're wrong?" "I..." Alison stared at the table. "I...I don't remember" she said, looking at the two men in shock. Suddenly, she stood up. "Excuse me....I...I need to be alone" she said and quickly went to her room.

Sam sighed, "I feel sorry for her. It's quite a lot of information all at once" Bucky nodded. "From the looks of it, she was under Hydra's control for six years, which means...." "That she was probably pretty well trained and skilled. We can't rule out the possibility that she was trained to be a killer" Bucky nodded with a sigh. "I know exactly how she feels right now" Bucky lowered his eyes. "She's lucky to have you, Bucky. If anyone can help her through this mess, it's you" Sam put a hand on Bucky's shoulder.

Alison sat curled up on the bed in her room. It was simply furnished, with a bed, table and chair, and a closet and television. Sighing, she thought about everything she learned about herself today when there was a knock at the door. "Come in" she said and sat up, running the sleeve of her sweater across her face to wipe away the remnants of tears. "Hey, can I come in? I have clothes for you" Bucky asked as he opened the door. Alison nodded. Bucky smiled and put the clothes on the table. "Apparently Tony thought of spare clothes too when he set this up. I just guessed your size now" he said and pulled up a chair to sit in front of Alison's bed.

"How are you doing? I know it's not easy to digest what you've been dealing with today". Alison turned away. She didn't want Bucky to see how hard this was taking her. "It's tough...but, I'll get over it" she tried to smile. "It sounds hard, but be glad you've forgotten those years, really. If you remembered, it would be even harder" Bucky said. "what makes you so sure?" Bucky sighed before rolling up his arm. Alison's eyes grew wide as she slowly leaned over to Bucky and stroked the puncture holes on his arm. "You were an experiment too" she whispered.

THXX for 100 reads 😱
LOVE YOUUU ♥️