33

When Ally had fallen asleep against his shoulder, Bucky carefully disengaged her arms from him and gently laid her down in bed so as not to wake her. She would need her sleep, because he had noticed how broken she had been. He tucked her in and sat down on the floor beside the bed. Ally suddenly turned to him and held out her hand. "Bucky?" she mumbled anxiously in her sleep. Bucky reached for her hand. "I'm here. Don't worry" he whispered, which was followed by a relieved sigh from Ally before she intertwined her hand with Bucky's and continued to sleep. Bucky had to grin and leaned his head against her nightstand.

Ally woke up the next morning before Bucky and had to smile when she saw him sleeping at her nightstand just like the morning before. It was only afterwards that she noticed her hand was intertwined with Bucky's and smiled even more. She had actually slept quite well besides a few fitful dreams, but she wouldn't call them nightmares. Bucky woke up when she let go of his hand and smiled sleepily at her. "Good morning" he mumbled before getting up. "I'm going to leave you alone for a bit so you can take a shower ok? I'll meet you for breakfast" he said. Ally nodded and smiled after Bucky as he left the room.

Shortly after, she enjoyed the feel of the cold water running over her body. No one understood why she preferred cold showers to hot ones, but Ally always felt more relaxed and fresh after a cold shower, which is why she kept this habit. When she looked in the mirror after showering to comb her hair, she was startled. The circles under her eyes, which had been darker than normal for the last few days, were almost black and her eyes looked as if she had been crying for days. All in all, she looked pretty worn out and pale, which immediately worsened her mood.

Listlessly, she dragged herself into the living room, where Bucky had already set out a cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal for her. She thought it was sweet of him to worry about her, but even that couldn't help her mood right now. She would prefer to just go back to her room, bury herself under all the blankets she could find, and wait for life to be better again.

Bucky noticed right away that Ally wasn't really doing well and looked at her with concern. "I think it would be better if you rest again today and we don't start training until tomorrow" he said while not taking his eyes off her. Ally shook her head. "No, I have to do something, or I'll go crazy" she said, knowing full well that if she retreated to the room now, she wouldn't be able to get out of there anytime soon. Bucky nodded. "Ok, if you feel up to it" "I do" Ally said and tried to smile, which looked more like a grimace.

As always, they warmed up on the treadmill first before Bucky took Ally to the punching bags. "Your emotions are starting to take over. Let them out!" he said, holding the punching bag after bandaging Ally's hands. Ally nodded and closed her eyes. She knew Bucky was right. She couldn't suppress the feelings much longer and had to let them out. The world around her disappeared as the pent-up anger and disappointment got the better of her and she began aggressively punching the punching bag.

Bucky backed away in fright as Ally's punches became harder and more aggressive and he could no longer hold the punching bag without getting hit himself. Ally seemed totally absentminded, her eyes fixed on her target, her face contorted angrily, which almost worried Bucky. Just as he was about to try to bring her out of her trance, she suddenly let out a loud battle cry and spun around before kicking the punching bag out of its moorings with full force and it crashed against the wall.

Bucky looked startled at Ally, who had apparently come out of her trance again and was breathing heavily as she propped her arms on her thigh. "You okay?" Bucky asked, tossing a bottle of water to Ally, who had stood up straight again. Ally nodded and thirstily took a sip. "You were right. I really do feel better" she said, taking another sip. "Do you need a second bag or can we get on the mat and fight each other? I'm only asking because I don't really feel like ending up like that bag" Bucky nodded to the burst punching bag lying against the wall. Ally had to grin. "I guess we can get on the mat" she said and stood up.

THXX for 3.7k reads
LOVE YOUUU 3000❤️