35

Ally, meanwhile, was making dinner in the kitchen and called Sam over to eat. "Where's Bucky? I thought he was with you" she asked as Sam came into the living room alone. "He went to his room to do something" Sam shrugged. Ally looked at him confused before going to Bucky's room and knocking. "Hey, there's food. You coming?" she asked through the closed door. "Ain't hungry. I'll eat later" Bucky called back. Surprised, Ally walked back into the living room. "He's eating later" she said and sat down next to Sam.

"Did anything happen when he was with you? He seemed weird" Ally asked Sam as they ate. Sam shook his head. "we were just going through files again, but there was nothing exciting" Sam replied. Ally sighed. "Maybe he just needed time alone" Sam tried to cheer her up. Ally nodded. "Maybe" she said softly.

Two hours later Bucky still hadn't come out of his room and Ally was starting to get worried. She scooped up a plate of food and knocked on Bucky's door again. "Hey, I brought you some food" she called out. The door was opened a crack and Bucky took the plate. "Thanks" he said and went to close the door again, but Ally stopped it. "I was going to ask you if we could look and see if we could find any clues about my life before Hydra.You know, about what we talked about last night" she looked at Bucky with a smile.  "I'm busy, ask Sam" he said and Ally pulled her hand away disappointed as he closed the door. Something was going on with Bucky, but she didn't know what. His behavior, however, hurt her deeply.

Dejected, she joined Sam in the computer room. "Hey, girl, what's wrong? You look sad. Where's Bucky? I thought you guys were going to look up something about your past" Sam asked, noticing Ally. She sighed. "Bucky's busy and said I should ask you" she dropped listlessly into a chair.

Sam sighing put the iPad aside and sat next to her. "what's wrong?" "nothing, I'm fine" Ally tried to smile. "Come on, Ally. I know you actually always talk to something like this about Bucky, but since he seems to be the problem, feel free to talk to me. I'm listening" he said and put his hand on her arm comfortingly.

Ally sighed again. "I don't know what's going on with him, Sam. Last night he was the one who followed me when I ran away crying, promised me everything would get better, that we'd get through this and now, he won't even let me near him and slams the door in my face. I don't know what to do" without meaning to, tears welled up in her eyes. "Oh, Ally, I don't know what's wrong with him either. The last time I saw him this dismissive was after Steve died. But don't give up. Don't stop trying to talk to him, because if you do, you've lost. Even if it hurts when he turns you away, keep going back and trying. Show him you need him and if you need to talk, feel free to come to me anytime, okay?" Ally looked up and nodded slowly. "Thanks.....for listening" she said before wiping away the tears that were rolling down her cheek and standing up. "Now let's look" she said, pressing the iPad into Sam's hand.

Since Ally didn't know which memories of hers were made up by Hydras brain wash and which were real ones, they had no information to start with. At first they tried social media to find maybe a clue to friends or acquaintances of Ally, but neither Ally nor any leads were on any platforms, which is why they decided to look for the hospital where Ally had worked. They found a list of employees who had worked there at the same time and went through it name by name.

"Lean Hunter..." Ally read the name aloud. "The name rings a bell. Can you open her file?" Sam nodded and a moment later a picture of a woman with brown curls appeared on the large screen. Ally's eyes snapped open. "Yes, definitely, I recognize her. Lean, of course, she's the one I used to do the night shifts with. We were friends" Ally exclaimed delightedly.

"We have an address to her. What do you say we go visit her in the next few days? Maybe she can help us" Sam suggested. Ally nodded. "I'm sure she can tell us where I went back then" she said.

I'm so excited that they announced Captain America 4 with Anthony as Cap. I'm hoping that Bucky will be in the movie too. Do you think Sharon Carter and John Walker will be the enemies?
THXXX FOR 4.3k reads. That's fucking amazing!!
LOVE YOUUUUUUU ♥️