15

When Sam got home that evening, Bucky and Ally had been sitting in front of the TV for over three hours. "What are you guys doing? I thought you guys were going to work out today?" Sam asked, confused, putting his backpack and the groceries he had gotten on the kitchen island. Ally turned off the television. "We worked out all morning and even tried to find out something about me beforehand. In the process, I found out that Bucky has never watched Criminal Minds, which we're catching up on" Sam raised an eyebrow. "Seriously?" Ally nodded. "The series isn't bad" Bucky cut in. "I know. Everyone knows Criminal Minds" Sam said, rolling his eyes. Ally grinned.

"So how was your day, Sam?" she asked, trying to get off the subject as she got up to put away the groceries. "Well, observing isn't exactly that exciting, but I took pictures and I'll report back to you after dinner. I'm hungry and I brought burgers" he pulled a bag out of his backpack.

During dinner, Ally and Bucky told Sam about their tracking of Ally's mission. Afterwards, they all went together to the computer room, where Sam loaded the pictures he had taken of Vasilyev onto the big screen. He explained to the others when Vasilyev had left the house, where he had gone, and when he returned home. "So nothing noticeable?" Bucky asked as Sam finished his lecture. Sam shook his head. "I'll keep another eye on him tomorrow, and when he's gone, I'll have Red Wing fly into the apartment. Maybe we'll discover something. If everything works out, I would suggest that we strike the day after tomorrow."

"If we strike the day after tomorrow..." Ally, who had been standing silently in the corner all this time, stepped forward. "...Then maybe we can go to my apartment so I can get some stuff" Bucky and Sam gave each other confused looks. "Uh, we shouldn't be out in public for too long, not so we'll be spotted" Sam replied. "oh, that's not a problem" Ally said. "What do you mean?" Bucky asked confused. Ally pointed to the screen where there was a picture of Vasilyev's apartment building. "See that window with the white curtains?" she asked. The two men nodded slowly. "That's my apartment" Ally said sighing.

"wait, Vasilyev lives in the same house as you?" Sam asked, looking shocked at Ally, who shrugged. "Looks like it" she replied. "Wow, this is getting a lot creepier" Sam said shaking his head. "I'm sure it's not a coincidence. Maybe he's listening to you or something" Bucky pondered. "I don't even want to imagine" Ally said, stroking her arm which was covered in goosebumps. Had she even not been safe in her own apartment for the last few months? "I'll definitely check out your apartment tomorrow with Red Wing, too. Not that we'll be walking into a trap when we show up there" Sam decided. ally nodded. "Thanks, that's a good idea"

They all went back to the living room together. "How about we end the evening casually on the couch? I bought some wine and whiskey" Sam asked, hurrying into the kitchen to get glasses and the bottles. "Wine or whiskey, ally?""oh, whiskey. I'm a whiskey girl" she said, smiling and accepting the glass from Sam. Bucky had to smile. "like grandma" he muttered. Peggy had been a whiskey girl too and somehow the resemblance of her and Ally touched him.

Until late at night they sat there and talked, mostly only Sam and Ally, because they talked about something Bucky didn't know, but he still found it amusing how the two raved about movies, musicians or any events. Especially when they sang "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen together at the end, Bucky couldn't get out of his grin.

Sam said goodbye after that, as he wanted to get up early again tomorrow to watch Vasilyev. "wanna watch another episode of Criminal Minds?" Bucky asked when he was alone with Ally in the living room. She laughed before nodding and turning on the TV. As the episode played, Bucky watched Ally, who was excitedly looking at the TV. For the first time since they were at the safehouse, she looked relaxed and not totally scared and intimidated. her face looked relaxed, there was a slight smile on her lips and the colors of the TV flickered in her eyes.

Bucky was sure he had never seen her so happy, so content, and he knew it had something to do with the evening. The conversations with Sam, the whiskey, the music, the time she didn't have to spend alone, all that did her good, all that distracted her for a few hours from the terrible news she was currently hearing about herself every day. Bucky would have loved to capture the moment to show ally in a down that everything could get better again, that not everything had to be perfect for her to feel good. All too soon the episode was over and they turned off the TV. Silently, they put the glasses away in the kitchen before heading to their rooms.

"Good night, Ally" Bucky stopped in front of his door while Ally walked a few feet away to hers. He was opening the door when Ally said his name. He turned to her and looked at her questioningly. She sighed. "Can you stay with me again until I sleep?" she asked, looking at him pleadingly. He smiled slightly, nodded, and closed his door. In Ally's room, he closed the door behind him. Ally was already in the bathroom changing.

LOVE YOUUUUU ♥️