7

They both fell silent. Alison didn't know what to say. There were so many questions buzzing through her head that she wanted to ask Bucky. Why he could remember, how long he had been with Hydra, what they had done to him, whether they had given him the metal arm. But she knew those questions would probably bring up memories that weren't easy for Bucky and after all she had learned today, she didn't want him to have to talk about it.

Bucky stared wordlessly at the floor.He knew it would give Alison support to know that someone shared her fate, at the same time he was afraid to let his past get to him too much.  It had taken months for Shuri in Wakanda to not only train him away from his trigger words, but also to show him how to deal with his memories, which were gradually coming back despite brainwashing. However, he knew he had to allow those feelings to help Steve's granddaughter out of her situation. Whatever the cost would be.

"I'm going to go see if Sam has found anything else" after they had been silent for over five minutes, Bucky stood up and walked to the door.  "Let me know if there's anything I can do to help" Alison said. Bucky turned and tried to smile at her. "You've experienced enough for today. Get some rest" Alison was about to disagree but let it go and nodded. "Good night, Alison" Bucky closed the door behind him before walking through the living room to join Sam in the computer room.

Bucky woke up in the middle of the night. It was nothing abnormal, he rarely slept through the night, but something was different this time. He got up sighing and decided to take a sip of water in the kitchen, maybe he could sleep again afterwards.

He was pouring himself a glass of water when he noticed light shining from the computer room. Sam had gone to bed with him after they couldn't find out anything more about Alison. Had he gone back and kept looking? Confused, Bucky went to the door.

But it was not Sam he caught sight of as he entered the room. Alison was standing in front of the screen, staring at the images of her parents' accident. "Alison..." she winced as Bucky spoke. Slowly she turned to face him and he immediately noticed the tears streaming down her face. "You shouldn't be seeing this" Bucky walked slowly towards her and took the iPad from her hand, closing the file and then turning off the screen.

Alison was still staring ahead. Her gaze was blank and sad, and Bucky immediately felt pity for her again. Within 24 hours, her entire world had collapsed for her, and Sam and he had also reminded her of her parents' accident. gently, he put his arm around her and led her out of the room. In the living room, he gently pushed her down on the couch. "I'll go make you some tea" he said and disappeared into the kitchen.

He handed her the steaming cup of tea and sat down next to her. Alison still seemed to be in a trance as she slowly took a sip. Bucky just decided to sit quietly next to her. He knew that starting a conversation now was not the best idea.

" They brought me to the crash place that time" Alison said quietly before taking another sip of tea. Bucky looked up in surprise. "Who?" He asked. "The police. They wanted me to identify my parents' bodies" Bucky stared at her in shock. "You saw...the bodies?" Alison nodded, not taking her eyes off the wall. She felt tears running down her cheek. "Alison, I'm sorry about that. It must be awful" she swallowed. "It was bad, scary, just horror. I was at my friend's house that night for a sleepover, my parents were going to the movies together. Suddenly the police were at the door and took me away. No one wanted to tell me what had happened and then....we arrived at the scene of the accident. I saw the car, the white bags they put the body in and I knew."

She raised her eyes and looked at Bucky. Her face was streaked with tears. "My world came crashing down at that moment. An officer led me to the white bags and when they were opened....my parents were lying inside. Dead, with their eyes closed...all I remember is collapsing on the floor, I couldn't stop crying, I don't know how they took me away from my parents. I was screaming, I wanted to wake up from this nightmare. But I couldn't...it was reality. My parents were dead" Bucky stared at her. He had seen the pictures of the accident, but he couldn't imagine what it must have been like for a 16-year-old girl to be there, to see her parents dead. "Do you know what the last thing my mom said to me was?" Alison asked. "when I got out of the car she called after me, enjoy tonight, you never know when the last one will be" Bucky was silent, he couldn't find the words to comfort Alison.

Alison brushed the tears from her face. "And what are you doing here at this hour?" she asked, smiling at Bucky. "I...I was just having a drink and I saw the light" he stammered. "Oh, I see. Yeah..I couldn't sleep and wanted to see if I could find some answers somehow" "that's when you came across the file?" she nodded. "It might not have been the best idea to open the file in my current state, but I wanted to see if there were any new clues as to who caused the accident" she sighed "And were there?" she shook her head. "no, they stopped the investigation".

Again they were silent. "Do you want me to take you to your room? You should at least get some sleep" Alison sighed "I can try" they got up and walked to Alison's door. "If you can't sleep or want to talk, you know where my room is" Bucky said as Alison walked into her room. She smiled at him and nodded. "Thanks" she said before Bucky closed the door and went back to his room.

LOVE YOUUUU ♥️