19

"Ally?" Bucky slowly entered the apartment whose door was open. "I'll be right there" it came from one of the rooms. "Ally, you have to hurry. Vasilyev came back. We have to go" Bucky called back and slowly walked in the direction from which the voice came. "I'll be ready in a minute" Ally called back. "We don't have time" Bucky said and turned into the room on the right. Ally sat on the bed and looked at him startled. In her hand she had a picture frame. "What are you doing?" Bucky asked, confused. "I...I wanted to take my parents' picture" she said, lifting up a picture she was holding in her other hand as she laid the picture frame glass side down on the nightstand. Bucky sighed. "We have to go. We'll meet Sam at the car" he shouldered the large bag that was lying on the bed. ally nodded, pulled on her backpack and followed Bucky out of the building.

Bucky knocked on Ally's door. She had gone into her room since they got back. Sam had lost sight of Vasilyev in a crowd of people. So they were not much further than before. there was no response from Ally's room, so Bucky cautiously opened the door and looked into it. "Ally?" he asked, spotting her on her bed. She was leaning her head against the wall, looking at the picture in her hands. "Are you okay?" he asked, closing the door behind him. She nodded. "I got my hopes up too much when we started this mission today. I was hoping to finally find out what happened to me" she sighed and put the picture on her nightstand. "don't give up. We won't stop looking until we know for sure what Hydra did to you" Bucky said and sat on the edge of her bed. "I don't know if I want to anymore" Ally stood up sighing and opened her bag.

"What do you mean?" Bucky asked, confused. "When I was in my apartment today, I had to think about what my life was like before I came to you guys. I had an easy life, just had the problem of two men following me around all the time,but other than that? I had a good job, nice colleagues, a boyfriend...and now? I live hidden in a warehouse, my room doesn't even have a window, I find out that someone has been experimenting on me and today I had to flee from my own apartment" little by little she put the clothes in the closet. "You miss your old life?" she nodded while closing the closet door. "Yes, I do" Bucky swallowed. "So you regret finding us?" he asked, but didn't know if he could take the answer. Ally remained standing silently in the room with her back to Bucky, staring at the wall. "I don't know" she whispered.

There was a knock on the door and Sam stuck his head in. " Dinner's ready, are you coming?" he asked, looking at the two of them. He immediately noticed something was wrong and gave Bucky a questioning look. Bucky just shook his head before standing up. "You coming?" he turned to Ally, who was still standing in the same spot. "go ahead. I'll be right behind you" she mumbled. Bucky lowered his head with a sigh and followed Sam.

"What's wrong?" Sam asked as they closed the door behind them. "Being in her apartment has thrown her off track. She wants her old life back and doesn't know if she regrets coming to us" Bucky explained. Sam sighed. "Somehow I can understand her" he said and put his arm around Bucky's shoulder.

Slowly he entered the apartment while holding the cell phone to his ear. "Yes, she was here. According to Vasilyev, there were two men with her who helped her. He believes he was the Falcon and the Winter Soldier" he said while walking through the apartment. "What did she take?" The voice, on the other side of the line, asked. "I don't know, from the looks of it clothes" the man replied as he looked at the cleared out closet. "That means we lost her?" the voice asked. "Probably have...wait" the man's eyes fall on the picture frame on the nightstand. He lifted it up and grinned. "We still have a chance, boss" he said, grinning as he read the words written on the glass. "Thursday, 12am, at our place".

THXX for 1.4 k reads
LOVE YOUUUUUU 💓