82

"Are you really sure we can trust Clark?" Ally had been aware that Bucky would start on that subject again as soon as they were alone. They had eaten dinner together with Sam while Sharon had put Clark up on one of the floors above them. After eating, they had decided to all go to their rooms and no sooner had Bucky closed the door behind him than he had popped the question.

"Yes, Bucky, I trust him" Ally sighed. "Why are you always so suspicious of everyone?" she asked him. Bucky shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. It just seems weird to me that he wants to help us. It just doesn't fit" "says the man who let a strange woman sleep at his place half an hour after she tried to break into his apartment" Ally gave him a skeptical look. "that with you was something else"

"why? I had been manipulated before that too and couldn't remember my past, just like Clark" "yeah, but you had a letter from Steve with you" Bucky replied. "Oh, so you just don't trust Clark because he's not related to Steve?" He sighed "no, doll, that's not what I meant. You came to us because you needed our help. Clark came to us because we needed his help. Do you understand what I'm saying?" "I needed help and Clark is giving help?" Bucky nodded. "I'm not following. Why didn't that make him trustworthy?" "oh, I don't know either, Doll. I just have a strange feeling" Bucky dropped onto the bed with a sigh. "Let's change the subject. I don't want to argue with you"

"I'm going to take a quick shower too" as Ally came out of the bathroom with wet hair, Bucky stood up, pressed a kiss to her forehead and went into the bathroom. They hadn't started a new topic since Ally had decided to take a shower after their conversation. Sighing, she flopped down on the bed. The last few days had been exhausting. The testing, the talk with Bucky's therapist that she still hadn't told him about, the training with Sharon, Bucky and her fight, the visit to her parents' grave, the sex with Bucky, more testing, her breakdown, Clark and his memory block, and the new lead on Karpov. Way too much for one person, in such a short time. Ideally, Ally would like to get it all off her chest, but everyone around her was also affected by the issue and Ally wanted to talk to an outsider. Without further ado, she stood up, grabbed her cell phone and ran to the door. "I'm going out for a minute" she called towards the bathroom before leaving the room and sitting down on the bed in another room.

"Hello?" Lean was confused when her cell phone rang and there was only unknown on the screen. "Hey, it's me" Ally answered. "Ally! My God, am I glad to hear your voice. I was starting to worry if you and the others were okay. Are you guys okay? How is Bucky's wound?" she asked curiously. "Good, Bucky is fit again and the wound is healing well" "and where are you right now? What's new?" Lean asked further. "I'm sorry I can't tell you where we are, but we are all doing well. I met my cousin" "your cousin? I thought you didn't have any relatives anymore" "neither do I, but she's Peggy's grandniece. She's really nice, we work out together" "what else have I missed?" "way too much" Ally sighed before telling about the checkups and meeting Bucky's therapist.

"That woman sounds anything but nice. How can she accuse other people of something like that? What did Bucky say about it?" "I haven't told him yet" "why not? Afraid of his reaction?" "no, we had a little argument that night because he didn't want me to make myself available for the testing. It escalated a bit and I ended up sleeping in another room" "but everything is ok between you again by now?" Lean asked with concern. "Yes, don't worry, he apologized the next day and then arranged for me to go to my parents' grave that evening" "your mom's birthday, right? Did you put flowers on her grave again?" Lean asked gently. "Yes, Bucky was there with me, he stood by my side the whole time"

"That means things are going well between you?" Ally knew for a fact that Lean was smiling. "Yes, it is. We have even sleeped..." Ally couldn't even finish the sentence because a loud squeal could be heard from Lean. "I'm so happy for you. how was it?" Ally had to grin at Lean's happiness. "Lovely, really. He was so gentle, just..." she sighed, "What? What was?" Lean asked curiously. "He wouldn't let me touch him. He held my hands above my head" "uhh kinky. Did you ask him about it?" "yeah the next morning when he pushed me away when we were making out" "what did he say?" Ally sighed. "That it was getting to be too much for him. Too much emotion is coming over him and it's making him totally insecure and overwhelmed. It's not like he's used to it."

"How does that make you feel?" "I always feel bad when he just takes off from me and almost runs away, but of course I understand him. It's unfamiliar to him, but I still want him to feel comfortable being with me" Ally sighed "from how I've met Bucky, I'm sure he's sorry that he's hurting you in the process. But I think if you're patient it will get better with time and he'll get used to it" "you think he'll let it happen somehow?" "i'm pretty sure. Just show him that you'll give him time, that you'll do it at his pace. Do you think you can do that?" Ally sighed. "It's not going to be easy, but yeah".

They talked for more than an hour about everything possible. Lean told her that Marisa asked her every day when Ally was going to visit and it was weird for Lean not to have guests anymore too. "I hope you'll get back to me soon. I miss our talks the most" Lean said as they said goodbye. "Me too! I'll be in touch again, you can count on it" Ally replied smiling. "Good, go back to your lover boy then. I'm going to bed now, have to work tomorrow" Lean sighed "Well sleep well then. Have fun at work tomorrow and tell Marisa I said hi" "I will, I'm sure she'll be happy about that" Lean said before hanging up.

Ally felt better now that she had gotten everything off her chest. It was as if all her worries and thoughts that had been bothering her were gone and her body would be a lot lighter now. Smiling, she walked back to her room.

"There you are. I was already thinking if I did anything and you're sleeping in another room again" Bucky seemed relieved when Ally lay down on the bed next to him. "I'm sorry. I was on the phone with Lean. I needed to talk to someone" "why didn't you talk to me?" Bucky gave her a kiss on the lips. "I needed someone who wasn't in on the whole thing" she explained as she snuggled up to him. "And did it help you?" Bucky stroked through her hair. "Yes, a lot" Ally smiled.

THXXX for 19.4K reads
LOVE YOUUUUU ♥️