3

Bucky had to process the information in the letter first as he sat in the kitchen with Sam to talk in peace. Sam, who had read the letter after Bucky, paced the room, upset. "How do we know the letter is real?" Sam asked, stopping to look at Bucky. Bucky, whose mind was still spinning, just stared at the apple in front of him. "it' s real" he just said without lifting his eyes. "Why, Bucky? Why?" Sam slapped his hand on the shelf, bringing Bucky out of his stupor. "That last phrase...that...I said to him back then and....that's the phrase he used to get me back then" "from your brainwashing?" Bucky nodded. Sam sat down stunned and ran his hand over his face.

"Steve became a father" he said, shaking his head. "Can you imagine, that?" he laughed out and Bucky joined in. "he named his son after us Sam" they both laughed before getting serious again. "If the letter is real, then she's telling the truth too" Sam gestured behind him to the door behind which, Alison was probably still sitting at the table. "she's Steve's granddaughter. We should be nicer to her" Bucky said and Sam nodded. "Maybe...but she still tried to break in here" he said. Bucky laughed out loud. "You're making a pretty big drama out of it for it being my apartment" he shook his head in amusement before standing up and Sam followed him out of the room.

Bucky sat back down across from Alison and eyed her. he noticed she had the same eyes as Steve and suddenly he saw Peggy's nose in hers as well. He shook his head, not wanting to stare at the woman across from him for too long. "So you're Steve's granddaughter" he said, crossing his arms. "Believe me, it was a surprise to me too when I got that letter" she said, laughing wryly. "Didn't you ever ask your dad about your grandpa?" Alison shook her head. "I was told from a very young age that he no longer had parents" Bucky nodded. "Did you tell anyone about this letter or about your visit here?" Alison shook her head again. "No one knows about this letter or this" she said. "Why not? Isn't there anyone?"

"There is, but I had to come to terms with it myself first. It's not every day you find out you're Captain America's granddaughter. It was hard enough coming here as it was" "why?" Alison sighed. "Because it looks like I'm being tailed" Sam, who had been leaning quietly against the doorframe until now, raised an eyebrow questioningly. "Why would someone be tailing you?" Alison shrugged. "I can't explain it to myself. I'm a nurse, so I don't have a job where you learn important secrets, although some patients under anesthesia really tell a lot. Nothing else exciting happens in my life, well, except for the letter" "and you're sure you're not just suffering from paranoia?" Sam eyed her questioningly.

"No, I'm not suffering from paranoia" she said, pulling a folder out of her backpack. "Here, I have proof" she tossed it in front of Bucky, who picked it up in surprise and opened it. Several pictures were inside, all printed out and all showing the same two men in turn. "I wrote where and when this was for each picture" Alison explained. "You do realize that people have cell phones these days and you didn't have to print out all those pictures" Sam said, taking the pictures from Bucky. " So those guys could maybe track my cell phone? Then I could have just walked up to one and asked them to drive me here" Alison rolled her eyes.

"You really have no idea why they're following you?" Bucky asked. Alison shook her head. "No, I don't" "Bucky, could I speak to you again in the kitchen?" Sam asked, placing the pictures on the table. Bucky stood up sighing and followed Sam.

"Are you buying all this stuff off her?" Sam asked when Bucky had closed the door. "I believe her, Sam. You've seen the pictures. These guys are really following her everywhere" "and so what if this is just staged? Maybe the pictures are fake. Just because Steve is her grandpa doesn't mean she's good, Bucky" Bucky sighed "I know, Sam, but Steve gave us the job to protect her and if those pictures are real, then there's something behind them" Sam sighed "Alright, what are you going to do?" Bucky shrugged. "I'd say we call it a day and see tomorrow" "and what do we do with her?" "she stays here. She can sleep in the bed, I'll sleep in the living room" Sam sighed again. "I hope you don't get us into a huge mess" he growled before leaving the kitchen.

LOVE YOUUUUUU ♥️