51

After Bucky put his shirt back on, they sat down on the bed and Ally snuggled into Bucky's arms. They were silent for a while, just enjoying being close to each other again, having left the weird mood behind. Bucky lovingly stroked Ally's arm as he looked at her, sighing. "It sounds silly, but I missed this" Ally had to smile. "Me too" she leaned over and pressed a kiss to Bucky's lips, which made him smile too, before pulling her even closer to him.

"I've been thinking about something else too, by the way" Ally interrupted the comfortable silence. "Really? Wow, be careful not to overload your head" he joked and got a punishing look from Ally in return. "I'm just kidding. What were you thinking about?" "About how I'm no help to you guys if we get attacked. I'm not in control of my powers" "you can still help us. You are good at fighting and with weapons. Besides, you just use your powers as much as you can" "I was just thinking that there might be a way that I could control my powers" Ally said quietly. Bucky looked at her frozen, which she returned with an expectant look, at which Bucky jumped up and looked at her startled. "No, Ally, that's not an option" he said, shaking his head. "No way"

"Why not? It's not dangerous and it would have benefits. I would have control over my powers. I could help you" "by controlling you? No, Ally, I know what it feels like not to have control over your mind, we certainly won't do that to you" Bucky was pacing up and down the room upset. "And it's because you know what it's like that I trust you. You know how to handle me. You can give me the mission to protect, not kill"

"it still doesn't change the fact that we're using you, controlling you. Then what makes us different from Hydra?" "you are using me to protect us, not to harm others" "Ally, do you really want me to be in charge of you? Control?" "of course, who else?" Ally asked. "Sam" Bucky said, looking at her torn. "Sam doesn't know Russian and I trust you, Bucky. After all, we don't have to do it unless it's an extreme emergency" Bucky slumped down on the bed with a sigh. "Ok, but I'll get you right back if it gets to be too much, ok?" Ally nodded. Bucky sighed, not completely sold on the idea.

They decided to go into the living room and Ally made herself comfortable on the couch while Bucky decided to pay Sam a quick visit. "Well, was Ally with you?" Sam asked as Bucky entered the room. "Yeah, I don't know what you said to her, but thanks. Everything is good between us again" Sam smiled. "I'm glad to hear that"

"What are you doing?" Bucky asked, pointing to the iPad in Sam's hands. "I'm downloading all our files and researches" Sam explained as they both looked at the screen which showed one download bar after another. "Oh, by the way, I was going to ask you if you could take care of the weapons. Just straighten them in case we need them" Bucky nodded and opened the cabinet that had a selection of weapons. He pulled out a few parts, bolted together pistols, readied knives and felt out ammunition.

"Ally asked me if I would control her if things escalated" Bucky dropped into a chair when he was done. Sam looked at him in surprise. "And what did you say?" "That I'm only going to do it as a last resort. I don't want to put her through that unnecessarily" Bucky sighed "maybe isn't such a bad idea. She'd know how to use her powers..." "Sam, no offense, but you don't know what it's like to be controlled, it not just hypnosis. We shouldn't use it just for fun" Bucky interrupted Sam. "But we don't know what we're fighting, Bucky. Maybe a little magic can help us there"

They couldn't discuss any further because suddenly a loud, deafening alarm went off, making both of them cringe together. "Shit..." Sam immediately turned back to the iPad as Ally, covering her ears with her hands, also came rushing into the room. "What's going on?" she yelled against the shrill noise. Bucky shrugged cluelessly while Sam pressed around on the iPad. Moments later, the alam went off.

"Guys, it's getting serious" Sam sighed and put the iPad on the side. "This is the alert that Karpov's cell phone has been ordered nearby" "he's here?" Ally asked, startled. "On the way, yes" Sam sighed "Well, then, what are you waiting for? Lock everything down" Bucky prompted Sam. "Tried that....there's a problem" "what problem?" "I can lock down while the downloads are still going on and I can't cancel them" "that means our plan is shot?" Bucky asked with a groan. "I didn't think the downloads would go on this long" Sam said apologetically.

"What do we do now?" Ally asked in exasperation. "Looks like we'll have to defend ourselves until everything is downloaded" Bucky grabbed a gun from the table. "Sam, get changed, you're coming with me. Ally, you stay here and monitor progress" "Bucky, I think it would be better if..." "I should go out with you" Ally finished Sam's sentence. Sam nodded in agreement. "No, it's too dangerous" Bucky shook his head. "Then this is the extreme emergency we were talking about" Ally pressed the Blue Book into his hand. "Ally...." Bucky sighed. "No discussion, we don't have time" Ally interrupted him and sat down on the chair. Bucky gave Sam an exasperated look before opening the book.

"cомнительный (ambiguous)" he started reading the first word while keeping an eye on Ally. "pазмещение(allocation)" Ally was still sitting quietly in the chair. "указание(indication)" her facial expression changed, the headache started. "pесурс(resource)" tensely she clung to the chair while her face contorted in pain. "выкопать (excavate)" her head seemed to spin at a rapid speed, her thoughts and feelings overflowed while she closed her eyes and tried to ignore the pain. By now her whole body was tense. "перевод(transfer)" Bucky spoke the last word. He hesitated for a moment before sighing. "Солдат?(soldier?)" Ally's eyes popped open, her expression blank. "Я жду приказаний.(ready to comply)" she said coldly, sending goosebumps all over Bucky's body.

THXXX for almost 8k reads
Love youuuu ♥️