11

They took turns asking each other questions, about their lives. Bucky learned about Ally's love of music and how she had started playing the piano as a child, while he told her about his childhood and how he got into the Army. Bucky also briefly mentioned his time together with Steve and the others in Howling Commands. Ally listened with interest, fascinated by his recounting of the past and imagining what he must have looked like back then. Bucky realized, however, that Ally had more questions on her mind, and since she didn't dare ask them, he knew what they would be about. When it was Ally's turn to ask again, he looked at her seriously.

"You can ask. I know you want to ask me about my time in Hydra. So do it" Ally looked at him thoughtfully. Should she really dare ask him these questions? "It's ok. Just ask" Bucky encouraged her again. Ally took a deep breath. "How did you get to Hydra?" "we were on a mission with Howling Commands. Steve and I got ambushed on a train. We were surprised by Hydra and fought them. We defeated them, but I....I had slipped off the train and was just holding on to a pole on the outside wall of it. Steve tried to save me, but....I fell off. The fall cost me my arm, I hit my head on a rock, passed out. that I survived at all was a miracle. A russian soldier found me. He took me with him. When I woke up, I was lying in a laboratory, my left arm replaced by a metal prosthesis. I couldn't remember anything. That's how Hydra turned me into a weapon."

"How long were you with Hydra?" Ally asked, shocked. "Over seventy years. Well, I didn't live the whole time, they froze me when they didn't need me" Bucky explained. "Froze you? Like Steve?" "Steve was an accident. With me, it was intentional. They unfroze me, controlled me, and gave me a mission before erasing my memory and freezing me again" Ally was stunned. She knew Bucky was like Steve from the past, even before he had told her, yet she had never really wondered how he had survived that time. Never would she have guessed that he had been with Hydra for so long. "Why couldn't you escape? Did they threaten you?" Bucky shook his head. "I had no memories, I didn't know who I was. They made me obey with words, gave me a mission and I did it. I carried out more than 2000 mission for Hydra" "by mission you mean you did..." Ally stared at him with wide eyes. "I killed people. I was a killer" Bucky said and lowered his head.

"Bucky, I'm so sorry" Ally whispered. Suddenly what she knew about her time at Hydra almost seemed like an easy fate. She had been experimented on, trained, and let go, Bucky on the contrary? He had been kidnapped, given a metal arm, controlled, ordered to kill, frozen, all for several years. "How did you escape?" Ally asked. "Steve. I had a mission to stop him, to kill him. He recognized me, that triggered a memory in me, which was then taken away, but when Steve and I met again, he said something to me that I said to him then after his mother's funeral. He saved me" "what did he say to you?" "I'm with you till the end of the line" Ally got goosebumps, it touched her very much.

THXXXX FOR 370 reads!!!!! I can't believe it 😳
LOVE YOUUUUU 💓