56

Ally decided to go to Sam and Bucky to tell Sam the good news while Lean went to check on her daughter. She had fortunately already been to bed and seemed to be unaware of the whole thing.

"Hey, anything new here?" Ally asked as she came down to the basement. "Karpov made good on his warning. He blew up the safe house" Sam handed her the iPad that showed the news that just reported about the fire of a warehouse. "It was good you got us out of there, Ally" Sam smiled at her gratefully. "If it wasn't for your contingency plan to escape to the motel, we never would have gotten out of there" "well, the plan is shot now. They kicked us out when they saw the blood on the bed" "then it's a good thing Lean offered to let us stay here" Sam looked at her in surprise. "She did?" Ally nodded and pointed to the door behind Sam. "There's a guest room"

"And you're welcome to stay in that as long as you like. You have your own little bathroom too" Lean was just coming down the stairs. "Is your daughter asleep?" Ally asked. Lean nodded. "Marisa doesn't seem to have noticed and is sleeping like a rock. How is he?" Lean pointed to Bucky. "He seems stable. I hope he wakes up soon" Ally reported. Lean nodded. "Maybe we should put him in the guest room on the bed, sure is more comfortable waking up there than on the table" she suggested. "You'd be surprised how well he'd sleep on the table" Ally mumbled, making Sam grin. "But we should probably do it anyway, right?" Ally gave Sam a questioning look, who nodded in agreement.

The three of them carefully sat Bucky up and supported him until they had him on the double bed in the guest room. "We'll definitely put him on a diet if he gets shot again" Sam leaned against the wall, exhausted, while Ally looked around the room. Besides the double bed Bucky was lying on, there was a dresser, a nightstand and a large mirror on the wall, plus a second door led into the bathroom.

"I would also have a mattress, surely you don't want three of you sleeping in that bed, do you? One of you can sleep with the mattress in the front basement" Lean suggested. "I guess that will be me then. I'll leave the bed for the two of them" Sam nodded at Bucky and Ally. " Thought so" Lean grinned.

Suddenly something moved on the bed. "Ally?" Bucky's voice sounded weakened. Immediately Ally sat down on the edge of the bed and looked at Bucky with relief. "You're awake. How do you feel?" she reached for his hand. "Good..." Bucky tried to sit up a little, but pain jerked through his bullet wound, which caused him to lie back down with a contorted face. "Where am I?" he looked around and his gaze froze on Lean. "We're at Lean's. There were complications, we needed help"

"are you in pain?" Ally asked. Bucky shook his head. "I'm fine" he smiled weakly at Ally, who returned his smile. An awkward silence ensued. "uh....Lean, how about we get that mattress and leave these two alone for a minute?" Sam turned to Lean. "Good idea. We can go find some food, too. Are you hungry?" Lean asked as she left the room followed by Sam. "Yes, if you have something" Sam was heard saying before the door closed.

Ally sighed with relief as she looked at Bucky. "I was so scared for you. I thought,....I thought you wouldn't wake up" she lowered her eyes. "hey, I'm awake, I'm fine, thanks to you. You don't have to worry anymore" Bucky smiled weakly at her as he stroked her hand with his thumb. "Lean saved you, I was just helping her" Ally replied sighing. "Still, you were there" he raised his arm. "Come here" Ally lay down next to him smiling, careful not to touch his wound, and snuggled up to Bucky who wrapped his arm tightly around her.

"How is your wound? You got hurt too, didn't you?" Bucky pulled Ally's sleeve up a bit and stroked the small cut that became visible. "Oh, that doesn't hurt at all. It's just superficial" "did Lean look at it?" "do you really think if we had you lying on the table with a gunshot wound, someone was worried about my cut?" Ally asked. "then she should still look at it" "Bucky, it's nothing bad. I am doing great unlike you, so stop worrying about that little cut"

"I just feel bad because you only got hit because I saw the guy too late" Bucky sighed "You're not to blame, I would have had enough time, well if...." Ally briefly considered whether she should really tell Bucky that his pet name had messed her up, that she had reacted a second too late. "If, what?" Bucky asked curiously. Ally sighed. "You called me Doll when you warned me and that....had thrown me off a bit" "you got distracted by Doll?" Bucky asked in surprise, to which Ally nodded in embarrassment. "Because you didn't like it?" Bucky asked nervously, he hadn't even thought about the fact that he had called her that at that moment. "No, quite the opposite. I liked it" Ally turned so that Bucky could face her. "Good...." Bucky leaned forward a bit and put his lips on Ally's for a moment. "...Because that's what I'll always call you now" he said smiling before pulling Ally to him and her lips were on his again.

THXX for 8.8k reads
Love youuuuuu