79

After Ally showered and tied her wet hair into a braid, she rode with Sam and Bucky to the floor where the interrogation of Clark Wallet, who had been taken to the Washtub today, was to take place. Sharon was already waiting for them when the elevator doors opened and explained to them that she would be conducting the interrogation while the others were allowed to listen in behind the mirrored glass in the viewing room.

The room was not very big, which was probably due to the fact that most of it was taken up by a device that recorded the interrogation. Ally, Sam and Bucky stood in front of the glass window through which one could see into the other room. Only a table with two chairs, Clark Wallet sitting on one and Sharon just taking a seat on the other, were in the interrogation room.

"Good afternoon, Mister Wallet. My name is Sharon Carter, like you I used to work for S.H.I.E.L.D. and now I run a unit for the FBI. Can you imagine why you are here?" Sharon started the conversation and flipped open the file she had brought with her, skimming a few pages while waiting for Wallet to respond.

"I...I have no idea. I was very surprised when the FBI showed up at my door and took me away" Wallet looked genuinely intimidated, kneading his hands nervously, sweat glistening on his forehead. "I'm sorry we made it so awkward, but we were hoping you could help us" Sharon pulled out a picture from the file. "Do you know this woman?" she placed it in front of Wallet and although Ally couldn't see the picture, she knew it showed her.

Wallet shook his head. "No, I don't know her" "Are you sure? Because this woman recognized you. You met when you were in Russia for two years" Wallet shook his head. "That can't be. I would certainly remember her face" Ally was surprised. She had been so sure that she had seen Clark Wallet in her memories and all the facts had fit. Were they mistaken after all?

"Mister Wallet, can you tell me what happened during the two years you were in Russia?" Sharon probed further. "Nothing the FBI would be interested in. I did several researches, but none of them yielded any results. That's why I decided to retire when I got back to the States" "I read through your hospital records. You came back with pretty serious injuries that apparently weren't treated properly in Russia. Can you tell me how you contracted them?" "oh, I had an accident at work, a filing cabinet blew over, unfortunately I didn't have health insurance for Russia, so I was only given emergency care"

Sharon raised her eyebrow in wonder, the injuries never fit an accident of this kind, but Wallet didn't seem to be lying. "I have one last question..." Sharon flipped the file closed. "What have you been researching for S.H.I.E.L.D?" "I don't know if I'm allowed to say" Wallet suddenly looked even more nervous. "Mister Wallet, S.H.I.E.L.D is no longer in existence. So your research is also no longer classified. Besides, it might help us a lot in our case" Wallet sighed. "Alright, you're right. I should use the blood of Steve Rogers to research if the Super Soldier serum could be recovered or if it was transferable through a blood transfusion"

"did you have any success?" "we found out a lot about the serum, but we couldn't manufacture it or find out if it was transmissible. We were on the verge of a breakthrough, but then S.H.I.E.L.D. fell" Wallet explained. Sharon stood up. "That's it for now. But I'd like to keep you here if that's okay, in case any more questions come up" Wallet nodded. "Alright, thank you very much" Sharon left the room.

"Do you believe him?" Sharon had just entered the viewing room when Ally asked the question. Sharon nodded with a sigh. "He's telling the truth, at least he thinks it's the truth. I think Hydra has manipulated his mind" Sharon named her thought. "So he can't help us?" Ally asked, disappointed. She had hoped to finally get a clue through Wallet that would lead them to Karpov. "Well, we know what Hydra wanted from him" "you mean they were after his research on the serum?" Sam asked. Sharon nodded. "I'm pretty sure"

While the other three pondered what Hydra could have done to Wallet, Ally turned away from the conversation and eyed Wallet through the glass. He seemed a bit more relaxed than before, drinking from the water he had been brought and had crossed his legs. Ally didn't know why, but something about him drew her attention.

Slowly she raised her hands, moving them until the blue clouds circled around her hands, she closed her eyes, directing her attention to what she had just observed. suddenly, in her mind's eye, the two ways she had also seen in Bucky's mind flashed again. Had she managed to get into Wallet's mind somehow?

Briefly she wondered if it was right to pry into his thoughts, but they needed answers and maybe she would find some. She was sure that the warm, bright path with the good memories would not reveal anything new and important, so she tried to direct her attention to the dark path. She moved forward a bit, but suddenly she banged against something and flew back.

A blue glowing wall lit up in front of her, the same blue as her powers! Again she tried to get through the wall, but again she bounced off. Only now did she discover the second path, which led off from the dark path. It, too, was the same color as her powers. Was that why Wallet didn't remember what had really happened in Russia? Was this blue wall a blockage to his memories and the blue path the story he was given in case someone asked about Russia? that was the only logical explanation. But did it mean that she had manipulated Wallte's memories, since the wall as well as the path were the same color as her powers?

Bucky, who was still in the discussion with Sam and Sharon, suddenly noticed Ally standing in front of the glass. Through the reflection, he saw the blue clouds moving between her hands. "What's Ally doing?" he interrupted the others, who were watching Ally as surprised as he was. "She seems to be using her powers somehow" all three stepped a little closer to her. Only now did they notice Wallet, his eyes wide open, sitting tensely in his chair. "Is Ally doing this to him?" Sam asked, startled. "I don't know" Bucky watched Ally anxiously. She looked strained, her face contorted in pain every now and then.

For the fourth time now Ally flew into the wall, desperate to break through it, but nothing happened. Sighing, she stood up and looked at her hands, which glowed blue. Her powers had built this wall, maybe they could destroy it again. She raised them and fired blue beams at the wall. A bright light appeared as the beams hit the wall and Ally had to look away to avoid being blinded too much. Suddenly she heard a loud bang, lowered her hands and slowly opened her eyes. The wall was gone, the way clear.

Bucky flinched back as Ally opened her eyes. Like the first night in his bed, they glowed bright blue. Ally didn't seem to be looking at anything, it looked like she was just looking through everything, but slowly her eyes glowed off until they returned to their normal color. Bucky was about to say something when Sharon beat him to it. "Ally, what did you do?" she sounded startled, which made Bucky follow her gaze. Wallet was sitting in the chair, his head back, eyes closed, looking like he was unconscious. When Bucky looked at Ally, startled, she looked shocked, too. "I..." she started to stammer. But suddenly Wallet jumped up and ran to the door. Wildly, he pounded on it. "Agent Carter, Agent Carter. I can remember. I know this woman. She's a monster."

THXX for 17.6k reads
Love youuuu♥️