44

"Thanks, Buck," Steve put his hand on Bucky's shoulder. "I knew I could count on Sam and you. It's good to know that Alison is in good hands and protected with you" he smiled at Bucky who smiled back. "we'll do it for you Steve. You've been protecting me too. That's the least I can do to give back to you" "oh, come on. You don't have to pretend you're doing all this for me. I mean, the sleeping next to her bed, comforting her, being by her side all the time. You're not doing that because I told you to, right?" Steve finished his beer and stood up. "I don't know what you're getting at, Steve" Bucky replied, confused. "Sure, you do. You just don't want to admit it to yourself" Steve indicated with his hand for Bucky to follow him.

They walked through the pub. "You know this is your dream, so everything I'm telling you is kind of subconsciously clear to you. so it's the truth you're not seeing. You like Alison, more than you admit to yourself" Steve said before grinning and opening a door. "Where are we going?" Bucky asked, overwhelmed. "You'll see" Steve grinned even more.

When they stepped through the door, they were suddenly no longer in the pub, but in a large dance hall. In the middle of the hall a few couples were dancing, all men, in uniform like Steve and Bucky, all women with beautiful dresses. "What are we doing here?" Bucky asked, confused. "Well, dancing. I have a date" Peggy suddenly appeared at Steve's side in a red dress. Bucky was about to say something when Steve interrupted him. "and you too" he looked behind Bucky, who turned around in confusion and stared in surprise and overwhelmed at Ally, who was standing behind him in a blue dress. She looked simply amazing. Her hair was slightly curled and pinned up into an updo.

"Let's go dance" Steve brought Bucky back from his stupor and took Peggy by the hand before leading her over to the couples and starting to dance with her. Ally clasped Bucky's hand and grinned sweetly at him. "Are we going dancing too?" she asked him. Bucky nodded and was immediately pulled by Ally to the couples. They lined up and started dancing. "You're good" Bucky smiled at Ally, who smiled back. Suddenly her face came closer to his, but before her lips settled on his, Bucky's gaze suddenly blurred....

Bucky squinted his eyes, the light in the living room blinding him. "You're awake again" he heard Ally's voice next to him and opened his eyes again. Unlike his dream, her hair was tied in a high braid and she was wearing leggings and a oversized tshirt. He smiled at her uncertainly as Steve's words came back to him. "It's the truth you're not seeing. You like Alison more than you admit to yourself" he ignored the thought.

"About time you woke up" Sam leaned against the door frame to the computer room and grinned at him. "How long was I down?" Bucky asked. "Over an hour. How was it?" Ally asked curiously. "Overwhelmed. Totally real. Fascinating" Bucky described his experience. "What did you see? What was your dream?" Sam asked. "Steve" Bucky smiled. "We were sitting in the bar where I joined the Howling Commands back in the day" "what were you doing?" Sam asked further. "Talked" Bucky looked at Ally. "And what were you guys doing while I was asleep?"

"Ally was trying to sketch the man she saw twice in her dreams and we just ran facial recognition.Maybe we'll get a match. I did an additional search for the fake name of Alexei Karpov. So the name of Ally's ex....Sean Stewart" Bucky saw in the corner of his eye how Ally lowered her head in hurt when Sam said the name. Comfortingly, he placed his hand on her thigh, whereupon she lifted her head, smiled sadly at him and placed her hand on his. Steve's words came back to his mind with the picture of Ally trying to kiss him, and again he pushed them away.

"Did the research reveal anything?" Bucky asked, trying to get rid of the thoughts. "Yeah, I was just about to show that to Ally, but now that you're awake again too, come with me." Sam turned and walked into the computer room.

THXXX for 6.2k reads
LOVE YOUUUUU ♥️