63

The next week flew by pretty quickly. Ally continued to train with Sam in the mornings while Bucky kept himself busy in the room, but on the last two days, sat with them and watched. Since the wound had healed well and Bucky was also in less pain, he could now move around without always being careful not to hurt the injury, Ally and Lean had released him from bed rest, which he was very happy about.

Ally, after the night of their talk, was initially worried that Bucky would pull away, feeling embarrassed about the night, but to her relief, Bucky seemed to be doing even a little better and Ally felt that this talk had brought them closer together.

At noon, while Ally was training her powers, which she was getting better and better at controlling, Marisa often came to visit the three of them and spent especially the afternoons with them when Lean was not home all day.

Ally talked a lot with Lean when she wasn't too overworked from work. She told her a lot about the things she didn't necessarily want to talk to any of the men about, and also about things she wanted Lean's advice on that involved Bucky. Lean also opened up to Ally and told her more about the time after her husband's death as well as what it was like to work at the hospital during the blip and get through it even though Marisa wasn't there. Ally was glad to have found, after all these years, a person with whom it was possible to talk about issues as well and seriously as with Lean. But their conversations were not always serious. They often talked about their earlier time together in the hospital and cried with laughter as they told each other stories from the night shift.

However, when Bucky was back on his feet enough for Ally to even pull his stitches, their time as guests at Lean's was coming to an end, because first, the three of them couldn't hide forever, and second, they risked Lean and Marisa's lives the longer they stayed. Ally and Sam had then agreed that they would reach out to Sam's contact as soon as Bucky was ready, and that time had now come. Bucky still wasn't entirely in favor of the idea, he still worried about what would happen to Ally if they realized she had a past with Hydra and special powers, but Ally kept reassuring him and telling him that it wouldn't be as bad as he thought.

Wistfully Ally packed up her bags, they would be meeting with Sam's contact in fifteen minutes, who it would be he still hadn't told them, and she really wanted to say goodbye to Marisa and Lean. she would forever be in Lean's debt for what she had done for the three of them this past week.

"Take care and check in with me once in a while, okay?" Lean pulled Ally into a tight hug as she set the bags on the floor next to Sam and Bucky's. "I will. Thank you, really Lean, I don't know what we would have done without you" Ally hugged Lean tightly. "I was very happy to do it. If you somehow need a place to hide or a nurse again, my door is always open for you" she smiled at Ally before the two hugged each other tightly once more.

Afterwards, Ally leaned down to Marisa and ruffled the little girl's hair "it was nice to meet you. I hope we meet again" Marisa nodded eagerly. "You can come visit me anytime. You just have to open one of your circles" Ally laughed. "Maybe I will sometime" she winked at Marisa before leaning in to her ear. "And take good care of your mom, ok?" Marisa grinned and nodded. Ally straightened back up with a sigh. "Ok, we have to go" she gave Lean one last grateful look and raised her hand in farewell before Sam handed her the iPad that showed a picture of the place where the meeting would take place and Ally opened a portal. She shouldered her bag and felt Bucky reach for her hand. She smiled at him before stepping through the portal with him.

The warehouse they were now standing in looked just like the picture Sam had just shown her. It was large, empty, and dark. The windows were covered with cardboard. Sporadic water dripped from the ceiling. The only light came from a curl, the size of a ball in the roof. "Do you really think we're in the right place?" Ally asked in confusion, wincing as her echo reverberated through the room. "Yes, the picture was sent to me. The meeting place is definitely here" Sam assured her "Now can you at least tell us who you called?" Bucky asked, letting go of Ally's hand to take her bag from her. Sam was about to answer when suddenly the big door of the warehouse opened and four black SUVs drove into the hall. They stopped a few feet in front of the three of them.

THXX FOR 10.9k reads
LOVE YOUUUU ♥️