17

After dinner, Bucky and Ally sat in the living room. Soft music was playing again in the background, and Ally hummed along as she untangled her dried hair from her bun. "Ally, can I ask you something?" Bucky asked as Ally tied her hair into a braid and secured it with clips. She nodded. "Sure, always" she said, putting the last clip in her hair. "I was thinking about last night. About how Sam and you talked about all that stuff I had no idea about. And I was wondering if...." Bucky scratched the back of his head nervously. "If you could help me catch up on all the stuff I missed. Well, you know, stuff that just everybody knows about these days"

Ally looked at him in surprise. "You want me to introduce you to last year's trends?" she asked with a grin. Bucky nodded. "Kind of like Criminal Minds. So I can have a say next time" Ally nodded with a grin. "I'll be happy to. I'll write a list of what should be in there and maybe ask Sam" she said. "But only if you keep telling me stories about my grandparents in contrast" Bucky laughed. "Deal" he held out his hand which Ally shook with a grin.

When Sam came home that evening and entered the living room, he listened in confusion to what Bucky just told. "Scar kills his brother Mufasa and convinces his brother's son Simba that it was his fault and banishes Simba, who then meets Timon and Pumba, grows up with them and after a few years suddenly Nala is there, recognizes Simba, they realize they love each other and reclaim the kingdom from Scar?" Ally nodded. "Now you're getting it" she grinned with satisfaction, while Sam just looked from one to the other, disturbed.

"What did I miss?" he asked. "Bucky asked me if I could help him catch up on the most important things from the last few years" Ally explained. "And you started with Lion King?" She nodded. "I decided to go through the most important Diseny films with him first" "Disney films? Because after all, there's been nothing more exciting than Disney movies in the last decade" Sam shook his head laughing. "It's a good start and besides, everyone knows the songs from the Disney movies, so I think he definitely needs to have seen them" "well, you're right" Sam mumbled.

"Do you want to know how my mission was today before you make Bucky watch Frozen yet and I probably have to listen to the lullaby of Let it go forever?" Sam asked, starting to unpack his backpack. "Sure, I'd love to" Ally stood up with a grin and together with Bucky followed Sam into the computer room where he was loading the video footage Red Wing had taken of the apartment onto the screen. "Well, it looks like he's surveilling your apartment, because there are screens all over the place showing different rooms. Also, it looks like this footage is being transmitted not only there, but to another base, because here..." Sam hummed at an antenna. "...This thing was retransmitting everything."

Bucky was surprised at how nonchalant Ally was about her apartment being monitored, even though it was probably the least interesting thing to hear based on the information she'd gotten in the last few days. "That means we have to get into Vasilyev's apartment first and cut that connection so we can get into my apartment unmonitored?" Ally asked. "That's the plan. However, we have to hurry then, because I think they will notice if we turn off the surveillance and then send someone over" Sam explained. Ally nodded. "That means get in, cut the connection, pack up stuff in my apartment and leave?" Sam nodded.

"And what about Vasilyev? Do we want to take him with us or interrogate him there?" Ally asked further. "I think it's better if we leave Vasilyev alone and just look around his apartment. Maybe that way we'll learn enough and not cause such a stir when we kidnap a man" Bucky interjected. Ally nodded in disappointment. She had been hoping to finally learn more. "hey, we're sure to find a clue in his apartment that will lead us somewhere, ok? And if not, we can always catch him" Bucky, noticing Ally's disappointment, put his arm around her shoulder encouragingly. Ally nodded.

After they ate, they went to the basement. Sam explained that they had a virtual simulation here for gun training, and Bucky and he wanted to find out how well Ally could handle a gun. Ally was given VR goggles that showed her a shooting range before they put a gun in her hand. The gun was just a dummy, so it couldn't really do anything, but to Ally it looked like she was really shooting in the VR. They made two passes before looking at the results on the computer.

"Not bad" Sam looked impressed at the target the program had calculated. Ally had hit all the shots on target with only minimal deviation. "I told you she was trained" Bucky said with a grin.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1k reads
LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUU ♥️