25

Ally slowly opened her eyes and inhaled sharply. Her head hurt like hell and her whole body felt weird, plus she had no idea how she got into her bed. She slowly turned her head to the side and caught sight of Bucky, who had buried his face in his hands and was sitting on the chair in front of the bed. "Bucky?" her voice sounded weak, almost fragile, as she slowly reached out and nudged his knee. Bucky jolted up from his trance and looked at Ally with relief.

"Thank God, you're awake" he sighed in relief, but Ally stared in shock at the blood sticking to his temple and lip. She stretched, wanting to run her hand over the injured area, but a pain shot through her body, causing her to pull her hand back, her face contorted in pain. As she did so, her eyes fell on her hand and she stared in shock at the blood that was on it.

"What happened?" she asked, frightened. "Hydra found you and turned you against us" Bucky explained. "Against you?..was... was that me?" she looked at Bucky's wounds. "Don't worry about it. The wounds are just surface" "I...I'm sorry" Ally stammered. "How did hydra find me?" Bucky shrugged. "We don't really know yet either. What's the last thing you remember?" "I was in the woods. I was going to meet my boyfriend. I had arranged to meet him there" "how did you contact him?" "the picture frame on my nightstand. I hid a message there and hoped he would find it" Ally explained.

Bucky sighed. "From the looks of it, Hydra found the message" Ally shook her head. "That can't be. I specifically didn't write down a location, I just wrote that we were meeting at our place" "the clearing in the forest?" Ally nodded. "That's where we first kissed" she narrated. "Hydra couldn't have known that" "maybe they were tailing your boyfriend because they hoped he would lead them to you" Ally's eyes got big. "Do you think...he's okay?" "we'll find out. But for now, let's see you get back in shape" Bucky smiled encouragingly at her.

"Any discomfort?" He asked her. "My head is pounding and my whole body hurts" Bucky nodded. "That's quite normal. I'll get some painkillers and then you try to sleep again. Then it should get better" he got up and left the room, coming back shortly with a bottle of water and the pills. He helped Ally sit up slightly so she could take pills and swallow them with water before lying back down. "I'm going to stay with you until you fall asleep, okay? If you wake up and I'm not there, press here. Then I'll come right away" he placed a button on Ally's nightstand. Ally nodded. "Thank you" she whispered softly.

Bucky stayed as agreed until Ally fell asleep before quietly slipping out of the room and joining Sam in the computer room. While Bucky had kept watch by Ally's bedside, Sam had busied himself with the book he had taken from the warehouse.

"Any news?" Bucky asked as he entered the room. "what about Ally?" Sam asked without answering Bucky's question. "She's been awake. As suspected, everything hurts her. I gave her pain meds and she's back to sleep now" Sam nodded. "So, what did you find out?" Bucky nodded at the book lying on the table in front of Sam. "This..." Sam handed Bucky the blue book. "...Is a book about Ally. It's like the red book about you that Zemo used against us when he wanted to control you" he explained. "The Winter Soldier Book?" Bucky asked in astonishment, flipping through the book.All the pages were written all over by hand.  Sam nodded. "It seems the book answers all the questions we've been asking. What they did to Ally, what they were going to do to her, what happened all those years, what Ally's Powers are and so on" "that means we have to read the whole book now?" Bucky asked.

„You're welcome to do it. It's in Russian, so I can't" Sam replied, picking up the iPad. "But Hydra has also become more modern. There was a smart card hidden in the very back of the book, and I plugged it into the computer and downloaded it. It has all the documents in English, along with videos and everything. I also have videos of the security cameras from the warehouse and like to run them through the facial recognition software. Maybe we'll get some new identities" Sam told while showing everything on the big screen.  

"Best thing to do is you read through the book and I'll go through the documents on the smart card so we really have all the info" Sam suggested. Bucky nodded, but then looked at Sam thoughtfully. "Why did the guy leave the book behind if he knew it was so important?" "he had to make a choice, the book or his life. He couldn't have gotten both" Sam shrugged.

THXX FOR 2.4K READS
LOVE YOUU 3000 ♥️