49

When Bucky came into Ally's room, she was lying on the bed looking at the ceiling. Confused, Bucky looked at her dry hair. "I thought you were going to take a shower" Ally sat up and shrugged her shoulders. "I remembered I already had a shower today, so I didn't" Bucky had to grin as he sat down in front of Ally's bed and pulled the covers over him. "Are we going to sleep?" he asked as he lay down comfortably. "I think it would be best. It's been a busy day and I'm tired" Ally replied.

"Ok, good night then" Bucky mumbled disappointedly. He had hoped that she would want to hear one more story, that he could sit on the bed with her and hold her in his arms until she fell asleep, maybe even sleep next to her in the bed again, but the uncomfortable, weird mood cloud still hovered over them. "Good night" Ally mumbled, turning to face the wall in disappointment as well.

The next morning, Bucky was alone in the room when he woke up. Ally's bed was empty and there was no sound of the shower either. Strange, they had usually gotten up together. Sighing, Bucky got up and went into the living room where Ally was sitting on the couch eating breakfast. "Good morning" he stretched while Ally briefly raised her eyes, smiled quickly at him and returned to her cereal.

The workout also proceeded in near silence, only instruction or single sounds of fighting could be heard as they attacked each other on the mat, depreciating each other's blows. It wasn't until Bucky had Ally pinned beneath him that the two really looked each other in the eye for the first time today. Ally's heart raced as Bucky looked at her from above, out of breath, before dropping down beside her, exhausted. She quickly stood up and grabbed the water bottle next to the mat. "Was a good workout. I think that's enough for today, we should also leave the training of my powers, if Sean really comes I shouldn't have wasted them already for training" she said before walking up the stairs with quick steps, leaving Bucky lying on the mat.

The next time he saw her was when Sam brought them both into the computer room to make a plan of what they would do if Karpov showed up. The fear that he would was growing, as Sam told them that not only had Karpov's cell phone signal been detected at one of the other safe houses, but that the safe house had been set on fire and destroyed, which Sam had learned from the news. So it was high time to make a plan, as it might not be long now.

"I'm in favor of bunking down in the computer room. There's a program that locks everything down outside, so we could stay in here for a few days" Sam suggested. "And then what? I'm sure Sean won't give up just because we can't get out. He'll be waiting for us" Ally pointed out. "Isn't there an emergency exit we can use? A secret passage out of the hideout?" Bucky asked. Sam sighed. "It's not exactly an exit, but there would be a way we could get out of here" he looked at Ally. "You mean...you want me to open a portal for us?" She asked in shock. Sam nodded. "No, that's too dangerous. I'm not able to control my powers one hundred percent. Something could go wrong. We don't know what the consequences might be"

"Better than dying or getting arrested by your evil Hydra ex-boyfriend, for sure" Sam interjected. "We should still think of another plan in case Ally's powers don't work" Bucky interjected. Sam sighed. "Ok, but if everything doesn't work out, we'll have to resort to your powers, Ally" Sam looked at her expectantly, to which Ally just nodded with a sigh. "But only if there's no other way".

They discussed some more about the exact execution of the plan, how they could escape and where they would go before Bucky mumbled some excuse about needing to get back to his room and left. During the whole time, Ally and he hadn't looked at each other once, not even when they were talking.

THXX for 7.4K reads
Love youuuuuu♥️