28

Sam, still working on the rest of the documents in the computer room, looked at them both in surprise as Ally dashed past him with Bucky holding her hand and pushed the confused Bucky into a chair. "So what's it going to be?" he asked as Ally reached for the first aid kit that was on one of the tables. "I'm going to doctor him up properly" she replied, flipping the case open before carefully pulling the two strips Bucky had taped over his wound from Bucky's skin. Bucky inhaled sharply and contorted his face in pain. "It's your own fault. That's really criminally done" Ally said, dripping a bit of disinfectant onto a cloth and dabbing it lightly on Bucky's wound before gently and neatly applying a band-aid to the wound.

"Do you want me to take a look at that lip, too?" She asked, pushing Bucky's chin up with her finger so she could look at his lip. Bucky swallowed as she leaned down a tiny bit to see better and he suddenly felt her gentle breath on his neck.    "It actually looks pretty good" she smiled and let go of Bucky's chin. He smiled overwhelmed, seeing Sam behind Ally grinning mischievously at him and wiggling his eyebrows. Bucky threw back a punishing look, for Ally noticed, which is why she turned to Sam in confusion. "Is something wrong?" she asked. Sam grinned and shook his head. "Everything's fine" he said. Ally smiled. "Good, do you have anything else you want me to look at while I'm at it?" she asked. "Nope. I'm core healthy and unharmed, thank you nurse Ally" Sam grinned even more. "Ok, well I'm going to get to cooking and after dinner we'll continue with the presentation, ok?" Bucky and Sam nodded, to which Ally left the room smiling.

"Okay, what was that about?" Sam asked with a grin as Ally closed the door behind her. "What's supposed to have been? She complained about the sloppy wound on my temple and re-dressed it" Bucky replied shrugging his shoulders. "And that's why you came running into the room holding hands?" "she pulled me behind her" "you were pretty nervous when she was that close to your face" "because I don't really like letting people get that close to me" "and then why didn't you say?" Sam just couldn't stop grinning so stupidly at Bucky. Bucky sighed "Sam, she has a boyfriend, so stop pretending that something could develop between Ally and I and better find her boyfriend" shaking his head he left the room.

As agreed, they all reconvened in the computer room after dinner and Sam continued with the presentation. "Ok, 2013, Thor engaged in battle with Malekith in Greenwich, England. Among other things in the use of the Aether, also known as Reality Stone. I unfortunately didn't figure out how, but Hydra got a hold of particles of the stone or whatever it is through S.H.I.E.L.D and irradiated you with it again" he showed an image of a dark red buff mass on the screen. "You can manipulate reality through this apparently. We haven't figured out what that means yet unfortunately" "Manipulate reality? Sounds great" Ally tried to smile, but she felt weird. She was irradiated several times with rays from unexplored objects. As a nurse, all alarm bells were ringing and a thousand thoughts about health consequences were buzzing through her head.

"2014, after S.H.I.E.L.D collapsed and Hydra lost its best assassin...." Sam looked to Bucky. "...they were apparently afraid that the hidden Hydra bases would also be exposed and moved you further north into Russia to make sure they wouldn't be disturbed" "the collapse of S.H.I.E.L.D...wasn't that the time you were able to escape from Hydra?" Ally turned to Bucky questioningly. "Yeah, why?" "So we were on Hydra together for over three years?" Bucky nodded. "Do you think we knew each other or ran into each other at one time or another, experiment to experiment?" Ally asked, thinking. Bucky shook his head. "I don't think so. I remember the years in great detail and I'm sure we didn't know each other" Ally nodded a bit disappointed, because that would explain why she felt like she knew Bucky forever. It would also explain why she felt so good around him, why she was attracted to him.

"That same year, the last experiment was performed on you. This time, however, you were not the only one on whom the Soul Stone was tried. Around the same time, a similar experiment was performed in Sokovia with the same stone by Hydra. On the Maximoff twins" Sam explained further, showing a picture of Wanda and Pietro on the wall. "Wanda Maximoff? Whose hands always glow so red?" Ally asked astonished. "Yes, like you she had gotten telekinesis powers from the stone. Her brother Pietro had the power for superspeed. However, he died while the Avengers defeated Ultron in Sokovia" Sam continued. "Wait, stop. I have telekinesis powers? Does that mean my hands glow red too?" Ally asked excitedly. Somehow she liked the idea. "No, your hands glow blue" Bucky replied. "Blue? Why are mine blue?" she asked, surprised. "We don't know. But the color apparently also gave you your project name" Sam opened the documents. "Project Dark Sapphire" Ally read aloud.

THXX for 2.8k reads
LOVE YOUUU 3000 💓