Chapter 84: A Broken Friendship

Start from the beginning

JUSTIN: Oh, Mike. You've always been a good friend to me. But if you try to interfere with my business, I'm warning you do not want to find odds with me.

Mike and Linda have gathered enough evidence to expose the truth about Justin and Amanda's business in court and the authorities. They were ordered to capture Justin and Amanda ALIVE to present themselves in court.

Justin and Amanda were now on the run in car chase from the police as they also brought Adrian with them to escape. Adrian didn't know what has going on but he sure was terrified.

(police): Justin Claybourne and Amanda Westfield, you're both under arrest! Pull out your car NOW!

AMANDA: Dammit! They're gaining on us!

JUSTIN: Just hold on! I'll try to lose them.

ADRIAN: Dad, where are we going?

JUSTIN: Everything is going to be fine, son! Just keep your head down!

AMANDA: JUSTIN, LOOK OUT!

JUSTIN: OH SH....

Justin wasn't focusing much on the road so they crashed on a nearby pillar. Justin, Amanda, and Adrian bumped their heads on an airbag when they crashed.

The police exited their car and used a megaphone.

(police): Step away from the car and put your hands in the air where we can see them!

The police exited their car to check on the criminal couple. Justin and Amanda came out from their car and started firing their guns.

(police): Ah crap! Shots fired! Shots fired!

They were cornered and forced the police into a shoot out in front of their son, Adrian. At this point, they acted like they were the famous criminal couple, Bonnie and Clyde.

Unfortunately, both Justin and Amanda were both violently gunned down by the police right in front of Adrian and shocked him.

While the police lowered their weapons, they were unexpectedly attacked from behind and were stabbed by a dagger.

Adrian got outside at the car and ran to his dead parents. Adrian cried trying to wake up his parents but the next thing he saw was that their blood on his hands.

As Adrian cried over his dead parents' bodies, he heard incoming footsteps behind him. Adrian turned around and gasped in shock. He saw a man standing in front of him wearing a black leather coat armed with weapons such as daggers and a crossbow and was wearing a black cowboy hat.

ADRIAN: Who... who are you?

VAN HELSING: Do not worry, child. You will get pass this.

The next day, the news report confirmed that Justin Claybourne and Amanda Westfield and their son Adrian Chase are dead in a shoot out with the police. The Loughrans, mostly Johnny, were so devested to learn about their deaths.

Secretly, Van Helsing took in the young Adrian Chase and trained him to be a ruthless killing machine in the abandoned Arkham Asylum. Van Helsing wanted to use Adrian by his side to destroy all monsters and seek revenge on Johnny in the future. Adrian blamed Johnny and his family for the death of his parents and used all of his hate and anger at his advantage.

Over the years growing up, Adrian have also used his family's fortune to travel the around the globe to learn every fighting skills and martial arts skills there is just like what Johnny did. As part of 'training exercise', Adrian would track down police officers where ever he travels and kills them in cold blood.

Unlike Johnny who swore to strike fear into the hearts of criminals, Adrian swore an oath to "annihilate the forces of justice" after the night his parents were murdered by police officers. He also vowed to help Van Helsing accomplish his goal.

Adrian has been secretly tracking and watching Johnny from the shadows where he learned that his former friend is the husband of Mavis Dracula and the son-in-law of Count Dracula, but he was mostly astonished that Johnny was the Batman.

Adrian has been studying every move and tactics that Batman makes and adopting it into his so that when the time comes, he will be one step ahead of him. Adrian and Van Helsing recruited soldiers for their militia army and taught them Batman's every methods.

After years of training and preparing, Adrian was now ready to take down the Batman.

Adrian walked inside Van Helsing's studies. He wore his own version of his militaristic Batsuit with the "A" logo on his chest and carrying his own blue visor helmet that he invented and looked similar to Batman's cowl.

ADRIAN: We're ready to make our first attack.

VAN HELSING: Good. Is our men fully equipped and armed?

ADRIAN: They're all armed. I've also made an alliance with Vlad's former ally, Bela and his other cronies. He's eager to tag along the ride.

VAN HELSING: (*chuckle) We will erase every monster that has walked upon the Earth, and soon Dracula. I want you to hurt the Batman pain before you kill him.

ADRIAN: Not that kind of pain.... the real kind.

VAN HELSING: Over the years, you have done very well, Adrian.

Adrian wore his blue visor helmet and activated his voice modulator/changer. He decided to name himself after the place he was trained at, Arkham Asylum.

ARKHAM KNIGHT: Call me the Arkham Knight.

To be continued....

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.

- This version of the Arkham Knight is a combination of the Prometheus from the comics and the 'Arrow' series. In the comics, Prometheus is a dark reflection of Batman who was raised by criminals who were gunned down by policemen right in front of him.