Chapter 83: Cured

Depuis le début

MAVIS: Johnny, take it easy. We already cured your 'illness' while you were unconscious.

RICHARD: Yeah about that.... I think there's something you should know about it...

The family were all worried about what Richard was going to say if it was bad news.

DRACULA: Fellas, would you mind if I could get some alone time with my family?

FRANK: Sure thing, pal. Whatever you need.

The Drac Pack, the Loughrans, and Dr. Gillman respected Dracula's request as they started to exit the room but Dennis didn't want to leave.

DENNIS: I don't want to go. I want to stay with daddy.

MAVIS: I'm sorry, honey. This is grown up stuff. I promise you that daddy is okay.

Mavis kisses Dennis on the forehead that she didn't want to worry his son about something. Dennis frowned in sadness and lowered his head.

JOHNNY: Don't worry, little dude. Daddy is okay now. I promise.

Johnny gave a warm smile at Dennis while gently ruffling his red hair.

The only people who were inside the room were Dracula, Martha, Mavis, Johnny, Richard, and Alfred.

MARTHA: I thought Johnny is already cured?

ALFRED: He is, but Richard and I have found something unusual within Johnny's DNA earlier.

JOHNNY: Bring me up to speed.

RICHARD: When we ran some tests with your blood, the toxin that was used on you corrupted your entire DNA and replacing it with an exact replica of the Joker's DNA. Luckily we were able to get the antidote before the damages becomes permanent.

JOHNNY: What do you mean when the damages becomes permanent?

Richard and Alfred glanced at each other before they tell them what they discovered.

ALFRED: Johnathan, you were dying....

Dracula, Martha, Mavis, and Johnny gasped in shock and disbelief. Mavis tightly held Johnny's hand.

ALFRED: The toxin was much worst than the Joker usually uses. We've never seen anything like it before. It was slowly killing you in the inside. Transforming you into just like him and losing your sanity.

DRACULA: But you said Johnny is okay now, right?

RICHARD: Yes, he's going to be fine. We already took care of that.

The family sighed in relief.

MAVIS: I have a question, though.

DRACULA: What is it, Mavis?

MAVIS: When we went inside Johnny's head, we saw the Joker fell into a vat of chemicals years ago. Do you think that was the same chemical compound he used on Johnny?