Chapter 80: Johnny's Past Life (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

LINDA: So did you enjoy the movie, honey?

JOHNNY: I really loved it, mom. I just wished Brett, Kent, and Melly could see it too.

MIKE: Well don't worry, son. You can tell them all about it when we get home.

Unknown to Dracula and Martha, Mavis recalled that this was the night of young Johnny's 8th birthday.

MAVIS: They just went to watch a movie? This must be Johnny's 8th birthday.

As the humans walked through the allow, a man came out from the shadows and walked towards the family.

MAVIS: Holy Rabies!

DRACULA: What is it, Mavis?

MAVIS: This is the night where Johnny's parents were murdered!

Joe Chill immediately grabbed and aimed his gun at the Loughran family. Linda and Johnny gasped in shock while Mike placed himself in front to protect his wife and child from the mugger.

MIKE: Johnny, stay back with your mother!

LINDA: Take whatever you want!

JOE CHILL: Nothing personal. Just business. They told me you had it coming.

MIKE: You... you don't have to do this!

As Joe Chill loaded his gun, Mike clenched his fist tightly and try to back unfortunately Joe Chill was fast enough to pull the trigger as Mike took a shot on his chest.

JOHNNY: DADDY!

LINDA: MIKE! OH, GOD! MIKE!!!

Dracula, Martha, and Mavis gasped in horror when they saw Mike fell to ground violently as the pool of blood was forming on the dirty floor.

Even though he was dying and coughing in blood, Mike was able to gain a tiny amount of strength to say his last words.

MIKE: Tell Van Helsing... he's making... a mistake...

Those were Mike's last words before he died. This made Dracula, Martha, and Mavis questioned themselves that did Van Helsing have anything to do with the Loughran's deaths? Did Van Helsing hired Joe Chill to kill Mike and Linda? After all, they had a major falling after leaving the Van Helsing clan.

After Mike died, Joe Chill then turned his gun to Linda.

JOE CHILL: Shut it, lady! Give me that necklace of yours!

LINDA: Stay away from me! Johnny, run!

Linda tried to pull the gun away from Joe Chill's grip but she got shot on the chest anyway as the pearls from her necklace fell to the ground.

JOHNNY: MOMMY!

Johnny cried loudly while Joe Chill then aimed his gun at the young boy. Johnny still had tears from his eyes and blankly stared at the gun that was in front of him.

Hearing the police sirens, Joe Chill flee from the scene leaving Johnny with his dead parents. Johnny kept crying over his dead parents' corpse.

Dracula, Martha, and Mavis have sympathies towards Johnny who lost everything that night. They couldn't imagine what Johnny went through that night.

DRACULA: Van Helsing? You don't think he has something to do with their deaths, don't you?

MARTHA: You mean.... it wasn't just a murder? They were assassinated? How come Johnny didn't remember the name back then.