Ryujin X Yeji - Butterflies

Start from the beginning

"R-Ryujin! Can you help me?!" Next thing I know, the mean girl and the nice girl pulled me out of the trash can. "Oh." I looked around, flinching when the mean girl pulled a banana peel off my head. "What? I'm not gonna hurt you dumbass." I pouted, "Don't call me that please." Lia hit Ryujin's shoulder hard, making me hear the noise it made.

I put my hand on Lia's, moving it off, "No need for violence." Although I was violence girl, I knew she didn't deserve that. She wasn't a disgusting man about to rape you. "Oooh... butterflies.." My attention bounced off to blue butterflies flying around. I jumped up in the air, trying to grab them. Ryujin caught one, and looked at me like I was ridiculous. My eyes widened and I jumped up and down again, bending down to look at the butterfly on her finger.

"It's beautiful.." I admired it's wings, and noticed the pattern of it. "Is she crazy?" I heard Ryujin whisper. I mumbled, "I'm not crazy, I'm just fascinated." She looked at me, "It's a fucking butterfly." I said, "It's not just a butterfly, it's the only creature that flies, that's not dangerous. They're innocent, small, beautiful creatures that are pollinators to our flowers. And most of all, they're still. Not rocky and beeping and crashing," I took a shaky breath, starting to think about the plane.

I was also thinking she'd be shocked by my knowledge but when I looked at her she was rolling her eyes. Ryujin shook the butterfly off and stomped on it. I gasped, feeling my heart just broke. How could she do that? My heart started racing and I grabbed her, slamming her against the wall, and punching her hard in her stomach. Ryujin pushed me, "Get off me."

She didn't show any sign of pain. I growled, "That was an innocent butterfly.. how could you destroy someone's life?" Ryujin got out of my grip, and said, "Don't touch me with your freak hands." Lia came over and yanked Ryujin's arm, "Ryujin you're killing me." Ryujin said, "What, I'm not gonna be touched by some freak."

Sometimes I wish I could be a butterfly. But not be killed by Ryujin, that is. But I would be innocent, free, and beautiful. And nothing would be wrong with me. No PTSD, OCD, or ADHD. Speaking of those, I saw a napkin flying. I whimpered, rushing to the girls, thinking it was Lia at the time but gripped Ryujin into a hug.

I dug my head in her chest, sniffing the sweet coffee scent. I wasn't aloud to have coffee because I might go crazy but I've always loved the smell of it. Then another plane started rumbling. I heard Lia's tongue click so I looked up, noticing I was hugging Ryujin. "I got it now, she was in a plane crash." Lia says to Ryujin.

I squinted my eyes, "Mama! Papa! Noooo! Hyunjin!!" I cried, just like I did in the crash. Ryujin then spoke, "Shhh.. hey.. it's okay.." Her calming voice and hand running through my hair stopped it. And I didn't even like to be touched. I was shaking at this point.

POV | Ryujin

Lia said, "Let's bring her inside.." I lifted her up, her head over my shoulder but more in my neck. I wonder if she was in a plane crash. Maybe that's why she hugged me like that, making me spill the drinks when a plane went by. Honestly, I never expected her to come over to me or anything. She popped out, out of nowhere.

We went inside, getting looks from customers, but took her in the back. Her whole body was shaking and she went to the ground, curling up in a ball, and rocking herself. Something really was wrong with this girl.

"She has PTSD for sure, probably something else too." Lia examined her. "Oh and her name's Yeji." I bit my lip, looking at the girl. "Why were so rude to her? She can't help it, Ryujin. It's one of those things that just control over her. I'm sure she's got ADHD from her attention sparking to other things too." I gulped. Yeji looked at me and then said, "PTSD, OCD, and ADHD."

I nodded, feeling a little bad for her, but that didn't change the fact she spilled all those drinks. I got down and held out my hand, "It was $30" Lia kicked my back, making me fall on her. I swallowed hard, noticing our legs were locked, and our faces were close. "I don't have any money." Yeji mumbled. I quickly got off when Lia took her foot off. "What was that for?!!!" Lia said, "You asked her for money that she doesn't have. Come out here.." She dragged me out of the room and pulled out $30, "I'll pay for it, if you let Yeji hangout with us for a week."