Ryujin X Yeji - Family (smut)

POV | Ryujin

"Honey! I'm home!" Kwan came running to me, jumping up in my arms, "I missed you, mommy." I rubbed her back, "I missed you too.."

Being a single parent is hard. And especially going to work and leaving your kid at home. I feel horrible for it. But I wanted to have kids. I adopted her 8 years ago because her parents died in a car crash and she was just a baby. So I took her, knowing I'd probably never get a relationship I wanted.

I set her down, and put my bags by the door, "So how was your day at school?" Kwan tugged on my leg, "Can we not talk about it?" I blinked, knowing Kwan was a bright girl that always shared with me about her days at school. I kneeled down, putting my finger on her chin, "Why is that?" Kwan looked down, "I-I.. I.. got made fun of.." I tilted my head, stroking her hair, "Why?" Kwan looked up at me with tears.

I hugged her tightly, whispering, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I don't want to make you upset. You know mommy tries her best for you. I will do anything for you." Kwan cried, "They made fun of me because of you!" I pulled away, having an angry look on, about to beat these kids' asses. "What because of me?"

Kwan sniffled, "Because you.. like.. girls.. and you're.. single.." I stood back up, "Who said this?" Kwan sat at the counter, "Aera, Daeseong, and Hyunwoo." I clenched my jaw, trying to stay strong for my daughter. I opened the fridge, pulling out ingredients for dinner. I sighed, taking a pan out, and starting cooking for us. 

"I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have told you.." Kwan suddenly says. I glanced back, "No I needed to know." Kwan looked down, "But mommy.. w-will.. you get a girlfriend?" My heart stopped at that. "I-I mean.. I wouldn't m-mind another mom.. not that I don't love you! It's just.. it'd be cool.." It was silent for a few seconds. I was just shocked she said that. "A-and.. maybe.. a sibling?" She wants a family is what she's asking for. I do too. "I.. I love having you and Byul and Dallie but.. why can't I have another mom or.. a sibling?"

I didn't know what to say. "Kwan.. things are tough right now.. my main priority is just to keep food on the table for you. I have to work longer tomorrow and I'm gonna try to get some money for us so we can get you some new shoes." Kwan sadly nodded, looking disappointed. I bit my lip, setting the plates in front of her and my chair. I sat next to her, hugging her side, kissing her forehead, and whispering, "I know honey.. I'm trying my best.."

Kwan started crying in my chest. "Shh.. shh.. come on.. eat your food while it's hot.. I can't make you anything else.." Kwan wiped her tears, a few more falling as she ate. It was painful to see her cry. It almost made me cry but I couldn't do that. I had to be strong for her. That's my job. "I-I'm done.." Kwan said when her plate was finished. "Okay.. go set it in the sink.." Kwan got up, doing as I told her to. "Why don't you go get set up in your bed and I'll be there in a few minutes?"

She nodded, going off to her room. I dropped my fork on the plate, scooting it, and covering my face with my hands, "I am trying my best.. don't break down.. don't break down."

| Time Lapse | The next day

My boss sent me to work with this girl in another department so we went back to my place. "So do you have any kids or a husband?" The girl asked. "I have a daughter and I'm gay.." She gasped, "Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't know.. uhm a wife?" I shook my head, "No I'm single." She nodded, "What's your name again?" I answered, "Ryujin." She smiled, holding out her hand, "I'm Yeji." I bit my lip, shaking hers, and taking her inside.

"Sorry, my house isn't the greatest.." Yeji looked around, "Oh no-no. It's beautiful, I love it." I licked my lips, "Really?" Yeji nodded, flinching when Kwan jumped up in her arms. "K-Kwan! Get down!" Yeji rubbed Kwan's back, "No, it's fine. Is this your girl?" I blushed with embarrassment, "Y-yes.." Kwan cuddled Yeji, looking so happy. "Kwan.. this is Yeji.. I work with her." Yeji smiled, "So you must be Kwan." She tickled her chest. Kwan laughed, holding onto her.